What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

There are many recordings of this, and I suppose PP Arnold's is the best known. This one's a bit less fiery, more wistful in approach, but I rather like it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One for the older listeners, perhaps, but musical satirist Tom Lehrer has made his songs available, copyright-free. 

The website is going to be available for a limited time only, so fill yer boots!

https://tomlehrersongs.com 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not the only Terry Hall recording I'll hear over the next day or so, but I always had a soft spot for his cover of 'She'.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 4 weeks later...

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan gets the heavy metal treatment. Surprisingly effective.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 15/01/2023 at 12:06, Ryash01 said:

still have khruangbin as my go to.

You can get an ointment for that, you know.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

As a tribute to Jeff Beck, and despite not having learned the song, Tommy Emmanuel gives it the kind of go you'd expect from an Australian national treasure.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not sure if this is really the place for it, but this fella was in Toronto last weekend playing Elgar.  One heck of a talented musician.  Heck, the whole family is, though there are times when you see someone play it's just stunning.

Wow, this is some performance, with a few Art Tatum-esque flourishes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 24/01/2023 at 02:03, CanaBull said:

Not sure if this is really the place for it, but this fella was in Toronto last weekend playing Elgar.  One heck of a talented musician.  Heck, the whole family is, though there are times when you see someone play it's just stunning.

Here's one of his pianist sisters.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson