What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Seen a pic of them in the paper...what's with his bald head? Couldn't he just stick half a wig on to maintain the illusion?

Yes, it's not even as if he would have had to dye it.

:tongue:

Phil's a proper man, at ease with himself.

:D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So's Joe Cocker and Glenn Gregory ... proper men with the courage to address their hair issues.

Featherstone RLFC have never been the power they were since they abandoned a team of big ugly bald players in favour of normal ugly boys trying to upgrade by having proper hairstyles and their tattoos spelled right.

;):biggrin:

Seems to me like you have a baldness issue you want to share with us? Hey, I aren't here to judge...Kojak.  :ph34r:

A full head of hair is one of the few things I've got that's in full working order. Mind you, I started going grey when I was in my early twenties.

Someone else with grey hair and all the talent that I haven't. This is a fantastic song for a funeral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPwnXO0Xnls

What am I listening to, everything in my vinyl collection. Just bought myself an Avid Diva II turntable and it sounds amazing.

How much did that set you back, or is it a state secret in case your partner / mam / dad finds out?

How much did that set you back, or is it a state secret in case your partner / mam / dad finds out?

Fortunately my wife doesn't read the forum, I've told her it was an investment, she said it looks nice anyway. I've wanted to upgrade for a while fortunately circumstances have given me the opportunity. It really is amazing piece of kit, I haven't stopped smiling yet.As for the price she hasn't asked yet and I won't be dropping it into any conversation soon. Edited by westhuller

What am I listening to, everything in my vinyl collection. Just bought myself an Avid Diva II turntable and it sounds amazing.

Very nice! I've just upgraded my cartridge, and am rediscovering LP after LP too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fortunately my wife doesn't read the forum, I've told her it was an investment, she said it looks nice anyway. I've wanted to upgrade for a while fortunately circumstances have given me the opportunity. It really is amazing piece of kit, I haven't stopped smiling yet.As for the price she hasn't asked yet and I won't be dropping it into any conversation soon.

If it does come up in conversation, just explain how much money you've saved buying all those LPs for a quid at Eddie's.

Enjoy it mate, you've earned it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Excellent what you changed too

Rega Exact, so still on MM rather than MC. However, the smaller fine-line stylus is a good improvement and it all sounds much better. 

The turntable's had a few upgrades over the last couple of years too, with new bearing, subplatter, platter, mat and isolation feet. I haven't done anything to the tonearm yet, as rewiring looks a fiddly job.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

As opening lines go this is right up there! B)

"People called me the scandaliser
The world was my appetiser
I turned gangs into fertiliser
King of the New York Streets"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LicmcEXC2OY

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A bit of Garth Hudson...

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

My sister had to deal with his income tax file when he lived in Gwent.

As he was declared bankrupt, I don't suppose the Inland Revenue got much joy!

IIRC Jake developed stage fright/performance anxiety and he didn't really like the show business world and he started to perform little in the 80s which wouldn't have helped with generating income! He also liked the demon drink a bit too much.