What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

I love Rod & The Faces. Proper good time RnR.

Guitar riff on this is priceless.  I saw them shortly after they recorded Cindy at the Queens Hall in Leeds, acoustics were terrible,  couldn't hear a thing.  What can you expect from a former tram shed!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Hunter & the Rant Band's tribute to David Bowie.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hard to believe this was made 49 years ago. Subjective I know but has there ever been a better or more talented group of musicians?

Just for that year alone, they had some stiff competition.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This song just popped into my head a few minutes ago, so I had to play it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A brilliant two piece oompah band while drinking Oktoberfest beers in Dave Rotheray's bar.

He also played some proper German music, Kraftwerk's The Robots. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Ramones ... Beat On The Brat... Just returned from New York I went on a guided tour to find that CBGB's is now a very hip restaurant, they have named a street after Joey but such a shame to see such a historic place disappear.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I was at The Cavern in Liverpool last night to see The Cavern Club Beatles, they're absolutely fantastic. But man, was it warm!!! Love that place.

My sister's company's accountant (try to keep up!) has an old photo of him and a couple of similarly sharp-suited mates in their teenage years, posing with the Beatles by the entrance to the original Cavern Club.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

After reading the obituary thread, I had to play a few tracks from these guys.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yip yip coyote...... odd..... very odd.

They were odd 30 odd years ago and still sound odd

That's a band name I haven't heard for a long long time!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just musing thru some old sheeite.... some reight gems in here....

I got a john du caan single on dayglo green vinyl and a yellow vinyl 7" of banana splits by the dickies.... and sandwiched between then is my clear vinyl wonderous stories by yes.....

And a saxon album signed by the band in casa disco barnsley.....

Now they did go to 11...

A single emergency 6 here ive been looking for.....

Been a morning for bug gerin about!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I'm fairly sure I haven't posted this before, but anyhoo...

Ralph Waldo Emerson