paley

What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Yup, In a powerpop mood today...

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Rather more downbeat this time.

• Like 1

He's back... maybe stick to the songwriting, Paul. Those dishes don't look too appealing. :P 

• Like 1

Every time I hear that New Radicals song I think of James Reyne (with Olivia Newton John on backing vocals on this one)

At the moment, stags bellowing in the fields around here.  Quite powerful nature stuff at work.

On 6 music, bizarre sundays with a John Peel retrospective followed by Annie Nightingale.  I'm transported back to Newcastle in 1982.

On the new stuff, the new National album.  I should have been in Manchester on Friday night to see 'em.  A bit broke right now but have bought tickets to see them in Sydney next February.

• Like 1

Been cleaning out the "dusty" digital depths of my music library. I don't understand why, in this 2005 re-master,  they didn't bring the vocals up a bit in the first 2 verses.

In this clip the pub is in Carinda which is having a Festival this weekend, based around the pub and red shoes:

10450257_306186782869575_110238694463009

While doing my delivery round today I was mostly listening to New Order.

They go from the sublime to the absolutely bloomin awful.

3 minutes ago, timtum said:

While doing my delivery round today I was mostly listening to New Order.

They go from the sublime to the absolutely bloomin awful.

I must have missed the sublime bits of their remarkably drab career.

• Haha 1

Caught the end of The Infiltrator yesterday and noted this little beauty at the end credits....now, having grown up with a dad who is a massive who fan, I thought I knew all of their best ones....but alas no, apparently they could knock out a catchy little funky number such as this too....

Edited by chuffer

Sometimes, a song pops out of the memory that you haven't heard in years, and you have to listen to it whether you like it or not. 

Oh, and Zelma Davis was worth looking at all over again, too.

Disc 1 of the Live Anthology, for obvious and sad reasons.

Petty-LiveAnthology.jpg

From a later disc in the Anthology set.

On 3 October 2017 at 8:15 PM, Futtocks said:

Nice version but Janis Joplin is hard to beat.

" You've Got Your Radio Turned Down Too Low, Turn It Up ! "

Great advice from the one and only Bo Diddley.

Been playing " You Can't Judge A Book ( By Looking At The Cover ) ".

A classic.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces