paley

What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

On Friday I saw Wilko Johnson in Hebden Bridge. 61 years of age and he's still the most exciting guitarist in Britain.

:rolleyes:

Pleased to hear it. A genius guitar player and one of my all time favourites.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

The Leisure Society - The Sleeper. Just arrived from Amazon and spinning here in the office. Very nice - less folksy than Fleet Foxes, but some good songs, especially the rather gorgeously Simon & Garfunkel-inflected 'The Last of the melting Snow'. Worth checking out.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Sisters of Mercy - Emma - Live at the Albert Hall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GuKrVFm0Hg...feature=related

For some reason I have always found this song (the sisters version rather than the Hot Chocolate version) rather emotional. Given my current state it rings a bell.

As Max Boyce would annoyingly put it. I was there.

Supersuckers - I Want Drugs - As recommended by ullman ( not drugs the band :D )

Excellent.

Now you just need to get your ears around the rest of 'The Evil Powers Of Rock 'N' Roll'.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Currently enjoying a couple of unusual cover versions, courtesy of Amazon downloads:

• Aynsley Lister - Crazy. The Gnarls Barkley song given a funky acoustic slide guitar treatment.
  • Easy Star All Stars - A Day in the Life. From the album 'Easy Star's Lonely Hearts Dub Band'.

Both mighty fine. B)

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Currently Gary US Bonds Twist Twist Senora - a blast from the sixties.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

All three Cymande albums, set to shuffle (with 'Rastafarian Folksong' deleted first). Cool music for hot weather. B)

Sparks - Dick around. Completely nuts. :D