Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
paley

What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

I re-watched one particular favourite movie last night...

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Edited by Oxford

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

Edited by Oxford

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

Underworld.

Beaucoup Fish.

Very loudly

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

I know this is young folks' music and old farts like me shouldn't be listening to it because it'll destroy the artist's street cred n' all that, but I absolutely love this song! Heard it purely by accident t'other day and it stuck in my head from the first listen. To add insult to injury, I discovered there was a whole album's worth by this Sam Fender chap and it's fantastic. Sorry kids!

• Like 1

Can't imagine why I'm listening to this today... :kolobok_cool:

• Like 2

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Last few albums played..............Talking Heads- More Songs About Buildings And people.......Rory Gallagher-Tattoo........Suede-Head Music.........Mothers- We`re only in it for the money.......Velvet Underground - 1st Album .......Nirvana - MTV Unplugged .

Edited by Oxford

Edited by Oxford

Edited by Oxford

On 23/09/2019 at 21:34, John Drake said:

I know this is young folks' music and old farts like me shouldn't be listening to it because it'll destroy the artist's street cred n' all that, but I absolutely love this song! Heard it purely by accident t'other day and it stuck in my head from the first listen. To add insult to injury, I discovered there was a whole album's worth by this Sam Fender chap and it's fantastic. Sorry kids!

🙂

I recently heard a song by someone called Billie Eilish and I’d never heard of her but I thought it was terrific.    Great video too.

Apparently she’s incredibly famous  and has been for some time.    It all passed me by. 

Sorry kids. 

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

29 minutes ago, Steve May said:

🙂

I recently heard a song by someone called Billie Eilish and I’d never heard of her but I thought it was terrific.    Great video too.

Apparently she’s incredibly famous  and has been for some time.    It all passed me by. 

Sorry kids. 

It's hard not to spend your time avoiding stuff when so much of it is simply ordinary, not awful just very ordinary. Breaking barriers and moulds is the job of music and musicians but the job spec seems to have changed to sounding very similar and pinching each others rhymes. Part of the problem is radio has become generic in all but name.

Don't appologise you'll only encourage them.

7 hours ago, Oxford said:

It's hard not to spend your time avoiding stuff when so much of it is simply ordinary, not awful just very ordinary. Breaking barriers and moulds is the job of music and musicians but the job spec seems to have changed to sounding very similar and pinching each others rhymes. Part of the problem is radio has become generic in all but name.

Don't apologise you'll only encourage them.

Worth remembering, though, that in whatever you consider to be a "golden age", the majority of music released was also filler, dross or worse. Posterity acts as a filter, and the high points stand out in memory. Just Google the charts for any given year to be reminded of the horrors of your halcyon days.

What makes it harder to sift through releases these days is that there is just so much of it. What makes it easier is the internet, so you can try (on Spotify or YouTube etc.) before you buy/steal.

Plus, when I were a lad and it was all fields round here and jumpers for goal posts, a home recording would be a rough old mess and normally wouldn't see the light of day. Now, anyone with a computer can produce something that, if they make the effort to learn what they are doing, can sound as slick as a studio product.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Plus, when I were a lad and it was all fields round here and jumpers for goal posts

" ....... Is like a million years,"