Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
paley

What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

7 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

the sound, then the jets

Can’t beat the sound of a Merlin. 

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

I while back I heard this song that I found oddly moving for reasons I couldn’t put my finger on.  It was had a bit of an early 90s feel with a voiceover about a girl listening to very loud house music.

I heard it a few times and never found out what it was.   But it’s been bouncing round my head ever since.  

This morning Mary Anne Hobbs played it and I grabbed the title.   It’s Beulah Loves Dancing by Planningtorock.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

2 hours ago, Steve May said:

Can’t beat the sound of a Merlin. 

Four Merlins'll beat it. :kolobok_wink: I got buzzed at very low level by that Lancaster many years ago - the entire house vibrated.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

First saw this lot circa 1990 at Bradford's St George's Hall. They have influenced countless bands. They were utterly brilliant live. Such great fun dancing around to this.

• Like 2

Edited by Oxford

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

Another Fishbone fan here, particularly the early stuff which I happily stumbled upon in the pre-internet days. Although I guess they probably don't play Party at Ground Zero any more since 9/11. This is on my Christmas music playlist.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

18 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

As soon as that tune started, I though of Tom and Jerry.

Was there a reason?

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

Edited by Oxford

Edited by Oxford

On 19/10/2019 at 11:53, Futtocks said:

Another Fishbone fan here, particularly the early stuff which I happily stumbled upon in the pre-internet days. Although I guess they probably don't play Party at Ground Zero any more since 9/11. 

Stumbled across a Fishbone gig from June this year. They open the set with Party at Ground Zero.

These lads don't seem to age! 

• Like 1

I've had the house to myself all day and listened to kings of the wild frontier by Adam and the ants for the first time in 30 odd years and I'm not ashamed to say I loved it

• Like 1

Your choice

Edited by Bleep1673

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

youtube.com/watch?v=YV-XJdzupY

Stereopony Hitohira No Hanabira

J-pop-rock

Edited by Bleep1673

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

13 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I've had the house to myself all day and listened to kings of the wild frontier by Adam and the ants for the first time in 30 odd years and I'm not ashamed to say I loved it

Finding old stuff that you've loved or missed at the time is great isn't it?

• Like 1