What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Just had a quick binge of rowdy Aussie stuff - random play of the following:

• AC/DC: most of 'Back in Black'
  • The Angels - Night Attack, Nothing to win, Standing over you, Watch the Red
  • Rose Tattoo - Manzil Madness, Suicide City, Assault and Battery, Chinese Dunkirk

That'll wake you up! :D

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a quick binge of rowdy Aussie stuff - random play of the following:

• AC/DC: most of 'Back in Black'
  • The Angels - Night Attack, Nothing to win, Standing over you, Watch the Red
  • Rose Tattoo - Manzil Madness, Suicide City, Assault and Battery, Chinese Dunkirk

That'll wake you up! :D

Bit more Aussie noise. Midnight Oil - Place Without A Postcard. Worth a listen alone for the brilliant Basement Flat.

On an Antipodean kick: The Triffids - Born Sandy Devotional (from the recent series of re-mastered, expanded, lavishly-packaged but dirt cheap Triffids reissues).

Oh, and 'Deck the Stills' by Barenaked Ladies - basically an a cappella rendition of 'Deck the Halls' but with all the lyrics replaced by repetitions of "Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young". Touching upon genius! :D

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It was great, really good. Played mostly older stuff from before he was in the charts but even the pop hits sounded good. Had the 2 drummers who were incredibly in sync and the band were tight as. You can tell he is still not quite 100% and is still a little nervous. As for that Georgina Bailey (Sachs?) on backing vocals....wow, just scandalous. (Think Tom & Jerry style eyeballs when he sees the girl cat...yoinks)

Put it this way, I'd go again without a doubt: and I was by no means their biggest fan beforehand. A brilliant night out.

My brother went to the Sheffield show last Thursday. That was the word he used.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Sex Pistols & Thin Lizzy having a bit of a laugh. Wish Phil Lynott was still around. :sad:

In my long gig-going career I've never seen a better front man.

On BBC iPlayer at the moment they have TOTP from 23/12/1976. Phil and the boys are on doing 'Don't Believe A Word'. As an added bonus they're on first so you don't have to bother with all the other shoite.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Festive greetings, everyone! 'Deck the Stills' by the Barenaked Ladies B)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

In my long gig-going career I've never seen a better front man.

On BBC iPlayer at the moment they have TOTP from 23/12/1976. Phil and the boys are on doing 'Don't Believe A Word'. As an added bonus they're on first so you don't have to bother with all the other shoite.

Saw Thin Lizzy on the Renegades tour at the Queens Hall in Leeds and Phil is way up there in the best front men ever

Now this is an iteresting direction

Dubstep -> Deathstep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_rWnabu6hI&feature=g-vrec&context=G2d406b0RVAAAAAAAAAQ

Some of the best contempary dub was done by folk from Napalm Death under the guise of Scorn

Edited by paley
  • Like 1

Soundtrack from 'The Warriors'. Apart from a gruesome Desmond Child power ballad at the end, rather good.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

last 10 on planet rock

25U.f.o Lights Out

11:21 The Cult She Sells Sanctuary

11:15 Audioslave Cochise

11:11 Stranglers Something Better Change

11:07 Journey Any Way You Want It

11:03 Rolling Stones Love In Vain

10:55Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Stop Draggin' My Heart Around

10:50Who I Can See For Miles

10:47 Tracer Devil Ride

10:43Deep Purple Black

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

The Meters - Rejuvenation.

Ralph Waldo Emerson