Super Doopers

fevforever

australia v new zealand final for my money. saw nothing today to make me change mind.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

pah! faith! it has forsaken these lands...

I stand what i said when the licensing proposition was brought in by the rfl, in it's bid to help us compete with the Aussies.............................................. I HOPE WE GET STUFFED IN EVERY INTERNATIONAL until the RFL do the right thing and create a level playing field where any team has the chance to play at the top level by performances on the field..... you know like a sport. Then and only then might i feel patriotic again. :dry:

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Well I think we have all been lied to. With the advent of summer rugby, Murdoch's millions and kicking all us perceived "lesser teams" out of the top flight we were going to be beating the aussies for ever more, or so we were told by Eddie, Stevo and Lindsay etc. I can't believe it, we are no nearer beating them now than in the 80's, surely they should all be scared of us now, haven't they realised yet our rugby is "Super League" not just rugby league and has been for well over a decade now. Quick someone ring the aussies/kiwis before the next game :dry::lol::lol::lol:

We are actually miles further away from the Aussies than we were in the 80's. Back then we had loads and loads of international quality players - and quite a few genuine superstars. The difference then was coaching and coaching techniques.

Nowadays its not the coaching thats the difference, its the complete lack of quality players - quite literally, we don't have any players to pick from!

Edited by HaroldShand

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

The most important asset the Aussies have over the GB team and any others come to that, is their determination to win. Never say die attitude, agression and the aim of playing for each other. A winning formula for any team to adopt.

How many millions do the Aussie Government plough into sport? How many services do they offer for free to anybody who wants to play at any level? Compare that to us and thats one area where we can go forward.

Grass roots rugby is dying, why? cos the rfl couldn't give a stuff. If they did give a stuff, it would be a great day.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

we keep hearing that the aussies have an advantage because they have good weather all year round. why then, do we make 12 to 16 year olds, train and play in the winter. some of these kids are scholarship kids who are supposed to be the future of our game. this must limit their progress, especially in the skills department.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

How many millions do the Aussie Government plough into sport? How many services do they offer for free to anybody who wants to play at any level? Compare that to us and thats one area where we can go forward.

Grass roots rugby is dying, why? cos the rfl couldn't give a stuff. If they did give a stuff, it would be a great day.

Theres a slight difference though Chris, the Australian Government pay for grassroots, not the ARL, the RFL do care, just that they dont have the money to build it up properly! (except for the one of 30 mil from Sport England)

Tomkins looks like a fantastic prospect for the national side, be better for him if an NRL side signed him up.

Cummins Out.

Well? Ye of little faith.

unlike our union counterparts, the kiwis didn't use the excuse of not having 9 or 10 of their first choice players available, but you can only play whats in front of you. well done england. col, i think your faith will be sorely tested next week.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

i watched the highlights on the beeb this aft. Seen nowt to change my opinion that the aussies are still at another level to us. We're nowhere near good enough to get close to them over a series. However, a "one off"? Possible i suppose.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

i watched the highlights on the beeb this aft. Seen nowt to change my opinion that the aussies are still at another level to us. We're nowhere near good enough to get close to them over a series. However, a "one off"? Possible i suppose.

Participation levels are up around the country, so we could see us challenging in about 10-15 years time :lol:

Cummins Out.