Gateshead Exedus Beging

sliggster1

He's not a bad replacement, although Ellis is a fabulous player.

However, we have a superstar waiting in the wings, Nathan Mossop !!!!!!

Just watch him go !!!!!

Wasn't Mossop at Cas?

Rather have Neil Budworth (available) over Henderson, although Henderson is one of the best hookers in the league,

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Have Gateshead been relegated then. I haven't been able to find any news on their fate.

It will be decided on 11th Nov as far as I am aware. I think the the RFL are deciding what sanction to apply on the new holding company - be it 9 pts deducted from last season on the forthcoming season. Knowing the RFL they will just draw it out of a lucky bag and see what comes out.

Personally I hope they continue in our league but I fear that if they do they will just become whipping boys.

AT LAST SOMEBODY WANTS TO HELP US!!! Time to look to the future! The Only Way is UP!

sliggster1.gif

It will be decided on 11th Nov as far as I am aware. I think the the RFL are deciding what sanction to apply on the new holding company - be it 9 pts deducted from last season on the forthcoming season. Knowing the RFL they will just draw it out of a lucky bag and see what comes out.

Personally I hope they continue in our league but I fear that if they do they will just become whipping boys.

Gateshead will drop down I reckon with Leigh remaining in our league.

Gateshead will drop down I reckon with Leigh remaining in our league.

TBH that would probably be the most sensible outcome as Leigh will be the stronger team.

AT LAST SOMEBODY WANTS TO HELP US!!! Time to look to the future! The Only Way is UP!

sliggster1.gif

he is no replacement for Andy Ellis who was their real play maker

Time will tell. I remember hearing some scathing views of Bauer, the Oldham 5 etc when we signed them. They didn't turn out bad 'uns did they?

He played at Barrow for 2 years in 02-03 and won player of the year in both seasons. His wife (girlfriend?) also lives in the area.

Hendo will probably be rotated with Nathan Mossop.

BTW, Hendo was the best player on the field when Gateshead beat us at Craven Park - a game that would have clinched us the league had we won.

My understanding of the Gateshead Saga is that if the RFL decide that Gateshead entered administration LAST Season then points will be deducted and they would by law have to reinstate Leigh, However, the more likely scenario is that points are deducted off next seasons tally and that as requested Gateshead will start in Championship 1 with Leigh also starting in that division. I know it doesn't seem fair, but we HAVE come to expect unfairness outside Super League haven't we ?

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Time will tell. I remember hearing some scathing views of Bauer, the Oldham 5 etc when we signed them. They didn't turn out bad 'uns did they?

He played at Barrow for 2 years in 02-03 and won player of the year in both seasons. His wife (girlfriend?) also lives in the area.

Hendo will probably be rotated with Nathan Mossop.

BTW, Hendo was the best player on the field when Gateshead beat us at Craven Park - a game that would have clinched us the league had we won.

Hendos wife is from barrow but does not live here and won't for the forseeable future hendo is gunna stay with the inlaws I believe!

Taking into account the financial chaos at Wakefield, there could be several more players on the market.

Aye Bob, selling shirts, scarves and baseball caps to boost the clubs seriously ailing finances :lol:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

I was Reading if they decide to relergate Gateshead they may use the chance to reduce numbers in the chapiobship rather than bring Leigh back up to the championship!

Then that would be suicide for the Championship, if they have 2 relegation spots, you either make the play offs of your in the 3rd tier!!!

Cummins Out.

Think it's to do with the 194k they owe HMRC. It has to be payed by Feb.

heard last night that a nominal fee has been paid and they have been given 10 days to pay 80k or the HMRC will issue a winding up order

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

heard last night that a nominal fee has been paid and they have been given 10 days to pay 80k or the HMRC will issue a winding up order

As I understood they had been given 84 days to pay the remaining

sliggster1.gif

This thread started off by highlighting the problems facing Gateshead and then suddenlyturns to the problems facing Wakefield. Whilst I have no qualms about any discussion concerning other clubs which are also in the public domain, I ask that you start a different thread to do so therefore not confusing any readers. Otherwise I will have to consider closing this thread.

Bob Fowler

Edited by Bob Fowler

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.