Gateshead Exedus Beging

sliggster1

This thread started off by highlighting the problems facing Gateshead and then suddenlyturns to the problems facing Wakefield. Whilst I have no qualms about any discussion concerning other clubs which are also in the public domain, I ask that you start a different thread to do so therefore not confusing any readers. Otherwise I will have to consider closing this thread.

Bob Fowler

Sorry Bob but i just don't see the problem if a topic develops into something broader, after all haven't you had discussions or debates among friends that often start on one topic but grow into something far more extensive. The threat at the end of your post was totally uncalled for and smacks of big brother.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

It's not the moderation; more the phrasing that makes me think...Jobsworth!

I'm not being a Jobsworth at all if a thread has a title then members look at that and expect to be able to debate points. What have problems at Wakefield got to do with exodus at Gateshead ? None ! I accept that the inital thread is in good faith and that it is right for members to debate any rugby league problems which are in the public domain All I ask is that they are catagorised properly so that members can join in any debate. Name calling doesn't bother me at all so long as it is your own thoughts, however, without moderation we have anarchy, which is worse ?

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Sorry Bob but i just don't see the problem if a topic develops into something broader, after all haven't you had discussions or debates among friends that often start on one topic but grow into something far more extensive. The threat at the end of your post was totally uncalled for and smacks of big brother.

I refer you to my answer above and respect your feelings about the subject, but perhaps sometimes things do go at a tangent, but the relevence to teh initial heading is negligible. As for Big Brother, NO I believe in free speech, I didn't close , lock or move the thread, I just asked for people to start another thread debating that particular subject, I ahve no objections at all to a debate on a differing subject.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Bob, i personally don't like the jobsworth crack but i do disagree strongly with your stance on this. I admit i really don't like moderators interfering unless foul language, bullying or mischief making is involved. I believe no rules have been broken and a topic has simply devolved into a wider debate on the point of clubs who are at this moment struggling. On the original topic i hope Gateshead overcome their problems but yes they should be relegated. I also hope Wakefield go to hell on a handcart, i'll never forgive them for IMO double crossing the lower leagues.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Bob, i personally don't like the jobsworth crack but i do disagree strongly with your stance on this. I admit i really don't like moderators interfering unless foul language, bullying or mischief making is involved. I believe no rules have been broken and a topic has simply devolved into a wider debate on the point of clubs who are at this moment struggling. On the original topic i hope Gateshead overcome their problems but yes they should be relegated. I also hope Wakefield go to hell on a handcart, i'll never forgive them for IMO double crossing the lower leagues.

I agree about your comments about Wakefield!!!! Hmmm wonder if they will ask to share our ground :P to save some cash

As I said I totally respect your point of view on this and I can understand where you are coming from. I agree that we should moderate on the points you raise, however, it is because points have been raised by a member of the forum that I looked at the postings. I do accept that postings can deviate, bit in this case the deviation, in MY opinion meant that the heading no longer justified the postings or even the other way round.

People who know me know I'm not a jobsworth, I love our club and I applaud our fans at every game. I appreciate the intelligent and not so intelligent postings on the forum which makes the moderating job straight forward.

At least you and others have made your points and I fully accept that and will perhaps try to seem less beligerent in future. :rolleyes:

I refer you to my answer above and respect your feelings about the subject, but perhaps sometimes things do go at a tangent, but the relevence to teh initial heading is negligible. As for Big Brother, NO I believe in free speech, I didn't close , lock or move the thread, I just asked for people to start another thread debating that particular subject, I ahve no objections at all to a debate on a differing subject.

Seems to me Bob that it is not about moderation but excess. Otherwise neither club would be in trouble.

I'm with Bob on this one, if we didn't have guys like him directing the traffic we'd get nowhere and everything would be lost in a sea of anarchy, someone has to keep things in order or we may as well just have one big thread for everything and that woiuld be more confusing than women!

Thanks Mick, I took the job as a moderator on, not to thwart free speech, but to make it fair to all. I have taken no offence at having members disagree, that's democracy and a person's right to free thinking. So long as it doesn't get too personal I don't mind. After all you can call me anything.... except late for dinner :D