• Whitehaven AWAY
    • Toulouse AWAY
    • Leigh HOME
    • Halifax AWAY
    • Widnes HOME
    • Sheffield (playoffs)
    • Widnes (playoffs)
    • Halifax (playoffs)

Couldn't split between Halifax away in the league and Widnes away in the play offs.

Widnes was probably the better performance over 80 minutes but 'Fax away may just shade it for me but that might have been because of the whisky Vausey and I had at half time :)

for the pure exhilaration of coming from so far behind and winning in the last minute, and after the "easy easy easy" chants from the fax fans that were eventually rammed back down their throats that fantastic friday evening, the fax away game in the league got my vote.

It felt like i flew home that evening!

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

For me - has to be Toulouse, the excitement of my first away trip which involved flying, seeing my Rovers Scarf in the Melting Pot as a lasting reminder of our visit, and above all - Jon and Dave Handley leading the singing on the free bus and metro back to the Melting Pot. A warm, balmy evening but a full-on encounter, where we took it to the French and they accepted it with little question.

Only downside, hearing about poor old Ian, was we glad he made a speedy recovery and we saw him back home at the match the next week.

And I did fly home, though it was a couple of days later!

Quand j'

Got to agree with Robin. I too have gone for the Halifax away simply for the way we came from behind and as Robin says rammed the chants of 'easy, easy, easy' back down their fans' throats.

Other games are worth mentioning though that arent on the list.

Not so much for the excitment factor but the CC matches against The Army and Warrington. It was great to see the Army boys, who put their bodies on the line for this country, down at Fev and be able to pay respect to them. Those lads never stopped trying throughout. Also good to see the ground fullish against thw Wire who travelled in numbers. Also Toulouse away. I cant remember much of the Saturday (and im sure Im not alone) but the whole trip was an experience and for those that decided not to go this year I would recommend it next year

AT LAST SOMEBODY WANTS TO HELP US!!! Time to look to the future! The Only Way is UP!

sliggster1.gif

For me I couldn't choose between Halifax away in the league and Widnes away in play offs. We came back from 18-0 and 12-0 respectively against class opposition and won. If its at all possible to enjoy defeats it would have to be Halifax away in play-offs. Enjoyable match and great atmosphere.

You've picked out some real gems here. What great recommendations too.

So if you haven't yet seen the fans favourite games of 2009 or you know someone who hasn't

we have brought out a special DVD 4 box set of the top four choices as voted for to date on this thread:

FEV-2009-Forum-Favourites-Front-Only.jpg

It contains:

1 Halifax Away 24th July

2 Widnes Away in the Play Offs 18th September

3 Toulouse Away 27th June

4 Widnes Home 9th August

It costs