Wakefield, Oldham, Gateshead and now...

Laminated Lobster

...Keighley under a winding-up order. It seems almost fashionable at the moment.

I sincerely hope our people have got the finances under control.

link:

http://www.keighleycougars.info/a-statemen...1-ltd-i935.html

It's just so depressing to see clubs struggling year after year. We've been there so we know what it's like. It can't be much longer before one of our clubs finally gives up the struggle and goes to the wall. I feel the clubs in the topic header ae only the tip of a large iceberg. How many other clubs are behind with payments to suppliers, inland revenue, the VAT police, players and local authorities. I have no doubt some of our clubs are in good health but if even one is struggling we are all struggling. Like you Mr Lobster i hope to goodness our BOD are in control of things. Chasing the dream of SL or trying to stay in SL will eventually finish a club. Hope it's not us.

Edited by DMS

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

before too much longer there will not be sufficient teams to have 2 leagues outside of super league.Our game is dying and the people who run our game dont seem too concerned.There will be no need for expansion in a few years time as no teams will be left to bring in.Well done to the RFL, you are killing our sport single handedly

before too much longer there will not be sufficient teams to have 2 leagues outside of super league.Our game is dying and the people who run our game dont seem too concerned.There will be no need for expansion in a few years time as no teams will be left to bring in.Well done to the RFL, you are killing our sport single handedly

There are areas that can be majorily improved, just like a vast majority of sports, but what would you change if you were given the role of top dog?

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

There are areas that can be majorily improved, just like a vast majority of sports, but what would you change if you were given the role of top dog?

a level playing field for all teams, you earn the right to play at the top level rather than being on the wish list of the top dog, hence clubs like Keighly would be able to gain greater attendances instead of having stay aways bcause of the lobsided way the RFL go about their business, the knock on effect is that better sponsorship deals can be done because businesses don't see the "other" RL clubs as damp squibs.

And before anybody has a go about "how do i know franchises make some people stay away" well i know at least 10 who won't come to watch fev as they can't see the point when there is no reward, i bet we all know at least one if we're honest.

If it was London, Celtic or Wigan who were flirtingwith folding the RFL would undoubtably help them financially as they have before but do you think they will plough money into Keighley, Gateshead and for that matter wakefield.

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

:O

Well said Paul

Apologies from Hunslet supporters for coming on your site, but we have been reading all of the other clubs postings on this subject.

It would be interesting and scarry if details were published of the amounts unpaid by ALL clubs for Income Tax and VAT--- we would probably find that the whole professinal game in this country is insolvent.

No apology needed.I suspect you are right.Dividing the game by scrapping promotion to the SL isn't helping the game in my opinion.Today is FA cup day, the chance for minnows to take on the big boys, get a taste of the big time then next week go back to the league fixtures to try and work their way through the system to reach the dizzy heights of the premiership, championship or wherever they want to get to. Sadly our game's leaders don't want that. Thousands of stay away fans are being replaced by the few attracted by Celtic and Harlequins when, with a structure like football, those supporters might have been retained.

Couldnt have put it better myself.Spot on

Wasn't the game so much better before promotion and relegation was scrapped?

Does anyone else think that it would be a good idea for the Championship clubs to breakaway from the Super League?

i personally think the game was better before superleague.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

so do i owd lad. So do i. But until the majority of fans of all clubs think similarly, the "i'm alright jack" attitude will prevail.

Sl? My botty!

imo Robin, superleague is just different, not better.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

imo Robin, superleague is just different, not better.

Surely super league can only enhance our game ,IMO, without SL, OUR GAME WOULD BECOME even more unnoticed, again , and to add, surely the RU HACKS and supporters would have a good old knees up , a good old procession,IMO

Wasn't the game so much better before promotion and relegation was scrapped?

Does anyone else think that it would be a good idea for the Championship clubs to breakaway from the Super League?

Promotion relegation really killed off the game as a sport to be taken seriously imo, but having said that i think it also did us less wealthy/fortunate/fasionable clubs a huge favour.

I did at one time think we should break away, but how would that be possible? We would all need some sort of central funding to survive and unless we got a TV deal or a huge pot we'd struggle even more than we do now and getting the majority of clubs to agree on something would be impossible.

Edited by Mick H

Surely super league can only enhance our game ,IMO, without SL, OUR GAME WOULD BECOME even more unnoticed, again , and to add, surely the RU HACKS and supporters would have a good old knees up , a good old procession,IMO

it's just my opinion, but i think certain skills and facets of the game have been lost, and not replaced by anything better. also, when i was watching the game in the "good old days" it didn't bother me that i didn't have to travel to london or bridgend to watch the game. players are bigger now, players are faster, people can sit in their armchairs and watch it, but is the actual game better.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif