Shirt Launch

RLoxton

If thats right, thats cocked it up for me then. Work Saturday nights so looks like I will have to wait until after Christmas to get my few :dry:

Whats wrong with Mon 21st?????????

saturday was mentioned...but that could be the delivery date...actual launch maybe different

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe the pricetags needed altering :rolleyes:

Could be just mebeing thick but.

I was going to turn up on Tuesday to buy my new shirt on the say so of a poster on here, is it just me or have the club said nothing official about a launch night in the first place. I've just re checked the website before this post and I can't find anything from them to make us all get our butts down there on whatever nght it ends up being.

andif my memory serves didn't prostar knack it up last year too? and Kooga before them.

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

We never have any luck with the shirts. Season after season something goes wrong even when Frank worked in the shop he had to run about at the last minute to get them to the fans for Christmas.

With Prostar being local i would of thought the shirts would be here on time but as PG says there hasn't been anything official yet from the club.

I've been down to the club this aft to check if it was still on for tomorrow night and......... no its not!

Its now been changed to Saturday at 12:00 noon. Thats straight from the horses mouth and backed up by DP (who just happened to walk in while we were discussing it!).

The weak conform, the strong survive.

I've been down to the club this aft to check if it was still on for tomorrow night and......... no its not!

Its now been changed to Saturday at 12:00 noon. Thats straight from the horses mouth and backed up by DP (who just happened to walk in while we were discussing it!).

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

The shirts will be on sale from 12 noon Saturday, but there will not be a shirt "launch" as such, just buying the shirt from the shop .

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

It changed from me being told up to the announcement. Still so long as the shirts are there, who cares ?

How can it be that yet again the whole shirt buying saga is c0cked up??!!! It's not as though we don't know when Christmas is or anything! Why don't we start with the procurement of 2011 kit now so that it might just be here fo Christmas 2010!! De ja vu or what :angry::angry::angry:

Don

Sorry to be negative as nobody loves our club more than me but yet again we are pathetic when it comes to the shirt launch, marketing/merchandise etc :angry2::angry2: . The busiest and best time of year for sales and Tuesday I went down to the shop to find the shop locked and in darkness so went round to the office to say I wanted to buy merchandise for xmas presents but "We don't have any as we have a new range coming out but it's not here yet". Tried to buy season tickets for xmas but "Not ready yet". As for advertising we have a fading poster of Mr Harris at the end of P.O.R urging us all to sign up for a season ticket for the coming 2009 season :blush::blush:

Rant over but it had to be said, not good enough I am sure you will agree :(:(:(

Sorry to be negative as nobody loves our club more than me but yet again we are pathetic when it comes to the shirt launch, marketing/merchandise etc :angry2::angry2: . The busiest and best time of year for sales and Tuesday I went down to the shop to find the shop locked and in darkness so went round to the office to say I wanted to buy merchandise for xmas presents but "We don't have any as we have a new range coming out but it's not here yet". Tried to buy season tickets for xmas but "Not ready yet". As for advertising we have a fading poster of Mr Harris at the end of P.O.R urging us all to sign up for a season ticket for the coming 2009 season :blush::blush:

Rant over but it had to be said, not good enough I am sure you will agree :(:(:(

I've been told Wakey are having the same problems re supply of shirts for Christmas, again supplied by Prostar. I'd hope the club has a contract for delivery by a set date, so that some benefit could be gained from the late arrival of stock.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I can understand the frustration caused, but remember this, the shop is run by Volunteers, the problem with season tickets I can't answer.It makes life very difficult for me anyway to get to the club on a Saturday ,but I'll try I want a shirt as a regular Christmas present and as I have no chimneys, I have to take the shirt to Santa myself and I am due to pick up my snow chains Saturday Lunchtime. Yes we are all fed up, but getting angry will just spoil any enjoyment of Christmas. If I don't get a shirt I'll give him an I O U and a cuddle, I'm just glad to be having Christmas again and I won't let a late shirt worry me as for season tickets , well we don't need them till February. Wahtever happens let's do our best to remain calm or donate any swear money to the Blue Lagoon garden fund.

Happy Christmas to all contributors and may you all have a great New Year.

No i don't agree, the delay in the shirt launch is not the clubs fault. If the company that supplies the kit are late delivering what should the club do. Have the shirt launch on the advertised date with no actual shirt on sale. Don't think so.

The club shop is run by volunteers, if there aren't enough of them they will only open when they can. Tues and Wed are traditionally quiet days so why open then and not on busier days (fri/sat).

The season does not start till Feb so whats the panic over season tickets. I've paid for mine but will be happy to wait till it's available.

As for advertising i would hazard a guess that being the off season money is tight and seeing that there is not a lot to advertise about why spend money that can be spent elsewhere.

Calling these things patheitic is unfair on the people that are doing their very best, for free.

Having seen first hand the hard work that is being done at the ground to improve our already excllent facilities, a little more understanding wouldn't go amiss.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

No i don't agree, the delay in the shirt launch is not the clubs fault. If the company that supplies the kit are late delivering what should the club do. Have the shirt launch on the advertised date with no actual shirt on sale. Don't think so.

The club shop is run by volunteers, if there aren't enough of them they will only open when they can. Tues and Wed are traditionally quiet days so why open then and not on busier days (fri/sat).

The season does not start till Feb so whats the panic over season tickets. I've paid for mine but will be happy to wait till it's available.

As for advertising i would hazard a guess that being the off season money is tight and seeing that there is not a lot to advertise about why spend money that can be spent elsewhere.

Calling these things patheitic is unfair on the people that are doing their very best, for free.

Having seen first hand the hard work that is being done at the ground to improve our already excllent facilities, a little more understanding wouldn't go amiss.

No I agree in business being let down by suppliers happens but then it just happens too often to us ;) . Plus having no merchandise at this time of year (NOT SHIRTS) is financial suicide whether the person responsible for ordering is on 1OOK a year or doing it FOC. As for opening times the sign on the door lists the opening times which indicated they were open on the day in question at the time I attended but they were closed, whether busy or not if you advertise you are open then you open or amend your sign accordingly IMO :lol: .

No panic over season tickets just they are xmas presents and I don't like to wrap up an IOU and thought that the money would be welcome in my teams bank account ASAP but hey I'll keep it if they aren't ready for it yet , not a problem :D .

The posters just look bad IMO and the money was there to promote them in the off season to promote ticket sales last year but fair play maybe not this season, if they had a new range of merchandise to sell maybe this would have funded a few dozen new posters or at least remove the old ones with a defunct player on ;)

As for understanding after so many decades watching my team, I fully understand but still care so felt the need to vent my spleen, I am sure you understand? ;);)

The same mess up every season with shirts and merchandise. We know everyone at the club does their best and we appreciate it but all we ask is for the basics to be delivered and when outside companies are constantly letting the club down us fans will always be annoyed because we can see that the club is the loser. What the club could do to make money is start advertising the boxing game match,its only 7days away and the advertising boards are still showing our next game is Batley! It simply is not good enough

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

The same mess up every season with shirts and merchandise. We know everyone at the club does their best and we appreciate it but all we ask is for the basics to be delivered and when outside companies are constantly letting the club down us fans will always be annoyed because we can see that the club is the loser. What the club could do to make money is start advertising the boxing game match,its only 7days away and the advertising boards are still showing our next game is Batley! It simply is not good enough

wouldnt it be a good idea to have a shirt launch at the begining of december? then fans have nearly a month to get there shirts for xmas, plus is there a week late for whatever reason, people still have a couple of weeks to get them in time for xmas. fans will be wanting them for xmas prezzies and a with less than a week till xmas, people have probably bought alternative prezzies, so the club could lose a sale alltogether.