LEWIS AND WOOD

Phil Loxton

Can anyone tell me what the exact procedure is it that gets you voted in charge of the RFL. Lewis and Wood have turned out to be a pair of comedians.Fixture delays, a new club born out chaos. Expansion club moving into a traditional catchment area, No promotion no relegation . Different points systems for different divisions and need I go on.Whats the answer ? What do we do? Are we going to continue to let our game be ridiculed until it finally falls by the wayside? How do we get shot of these two?

When you see it all listed out like that it looks like they should have to answer charges of "bringing the game into disrepute" at the very least to me :O . Not sure how you would go about it tho?? Either way the game is a laughing stock at the moment IMO :angry::angry:

I have been asking people the same question mate, but i think we are wasting our time because for all the people like us there are just as many that think they are doing a good job

I have been asking people the same question mate, but i think we are wasting our time because for all the people like us there are just as many that think they are doing a good job

They are usually the people who put them there in the first place. Certain Chairmen and CEO's have more power than Lewis and Woods.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Anyone else sick of these threads attacking the rfl body and the heirarchy all the time?

Yeah fair enough they might not be doing their jobs right in our opinion (and other championship clubs opinion) but we are starting to sound pathetic now in my opinion with all the moaning and complaining and whinging every few weeks when something the RFL does doesnt benefit or goes against us

In fact after the bed request thread which got removed a few days ago there isnt any wonder things goes against us when we make silly requests like that as that was just as laughable as the RFL

Theres nothing we, the small fish can do about it, so lets just get on with it through gritted teeth, face up to the adversity and look towards the future and fevs next championship campaign and what could be, rather than what couldve been

Edited by elppaxr2i

Anyone else sick of these threads attacking the rfl body and the heirarchy all the time?

Yeah fair enough they might not be doing their jobs right in our opinion (and other championship clubs opinion) but we are starting to sound pathetic now in my opinion with all the moaning and complaining and whinging every few weeks when something the RFL does doesnt benefit or goes against us

In fact after the bed request thread which got removed a few days ago there isnt any wonder things goes against us when we make silly requests like that as that was just as laughable as the RFL

Theres nothing we, the small fish can do about it, so lets just get on with it through gritted teeth, face up to the adversity and look towards the future and fevs next championship campaign and what could be, rather than what couldve been

agree the "please give us a bed" request was a shocking own-goal no doubt the other clubs had a good giggle at our expense :(

If you dont like the threads then dont blooody well read them simple, skip em and move to the next. some of us who have been watching Rovers for years and years seen us win everything are pretty damd cheesed off at what they have done to us, and what they are trying to do to us, feeder team etc. the only way we can get our frustrations out is by moaning to each other, because no one else gives a ######. The reason more of these threads are on now is because they (RFL) have dropped another clanger just like most of us said they would. i also think that because no fixtures have been printed just 8 weeks before the start is another reason for people to be outraged.

you may think we are a small fish, i dont

Can anyone tell me what the exact procedure is it that gets you voted in charge of the RFL. Lewis and Wood have turned out to be a pair of comedians.Fixture delays, a new club born out chaos. Expansion club moving into a traditional catchment area, No promotion no relegation . Different points systems for different divisions and need I go on.Whats the answer ? What do we do? Are we going to continue to let our game be ridiculed until it finally falls by the wayside? How do we get shot of these two?

Like i said earlier m8 some people think there doing a good job, weve no chance

If you dont like the threads then dont blooody well read them simple, skip em and move to the next. some of us who have been watching Rovers for years and years seen us win everything are pretty damd cheesed off at what they have done to us, and what they are trying to do to us, feeder team etc. the only way we can get our frustrations out is by moaning to each other, because no one else gives a ######. The reason more of these threads are on now is because they (RFL) have dropped another clanger just like most of us said they would. i also think that because no fixtures have been printed just 8 weeks before the start is another reason for people to be outraged.

you may think we are a small fish, i dont

I dont mind reading the threads and like reading the debate, but when its week on week about the same thing which often ends up going round in circles an arguement and closed threads it does start to get tiresome

I saw the fixture list thread and understand it, but people were moaning about the RFL in that thread, then another thread starts up moaning about the RFL, why dont people moan about it in the same thread that is my annoyance

When you compare us to to SL which is what the RFL are bothered about we are small fish because we are nowhere near that level at the minute.

In the rugby league world however we arent.

Edited by elppaxr2i

It's all about saying yes to the people that pull the strings and so long as they keep doing that then they will have a job for life, it doesn't really matter to them how good they are at it! or how much people complain!!

Has anyone filled in a job application lately?, I helped my son with one the other day. The questions are set to root out the bolshies/people with their own mind! Getting a job these days is based more on whether you will or wont kiss ######, rather than how good you'll be at the job. We're all being prepped to doff our caps as our forefathers had to (or starve!) in byegone days, it's no wonder the kids are a pain in the ###### generally these days there's nothing for them unless they become sheep!!. Oh for a lottery win!

I merely started this thread because I am seriously concerned of the way our game is being led. I, like you am looking forward to Fevs upcoming season like I have been every year since 1963. We are small fish but we need to be heard or else there may be a day when we can't look forward to a new season. The men in charge need to be answerable to their duties just as I am to mine. And if the so called small fish all begin to swim together we may be able to get fair play for all clubs ESPECIALLY the traditional ones.

agree the "please give us a bed" request was a shocking own-goal no doubt the other clubs had a good giggle at our expense :(

The "gizza bed thread" was the worst thing I have ever seen on here and I didn't want to be the one to ask where it went as I got so much mickey taking at work from the c*s fans :angry: I was just glad it vanished :blush: . I really hoped it was a joke but when it was deleted I realised it was genuine :wacko::wacko: . Anyway I hope he is tucked up nice and comfy in one now he is here ;)

I dont mind reading the threads and like reading the debate, but when its week on week about the same thing which often ends up going round in circles an arguement and closed threads it does start to get tiresome

I saw the fixture list thread and understand it, but people were moaning about the RFL in that thread, then another thread starts up moaning about the RFL, why dont people moan about it in the same thread that is my annoyance

When you compare us to to SL which is what the RFL are bothered about we are small fish because we are nowhere near that level at the minute.

In the rugby league world however we arent.

Because most issues / problems regarding Rovers and the game in general can usually be traced to the same source.

Because most issues / problems regarding Rovers and the game in general can usually be traced to the same source.

The absolute nail in our coffin, which nobody seems to have picked up on is, in my opinion, the dual registration aspect, which sadly, Rovers seem to have succumbed to, although not, at this moment in time, as much as several other lower division clubs.

This is the start of our leagues becoming feeder clubs as Lowfield previously suggests. It's in its infancy at the present time but it will escalate to proportions whereby Super League coaches will be having a big say in the team selection of lower division sides on a week to week basis.

The big question is ... Will you,as Rovers fans, be able to accept this and feel the same passion for your team? Will it actually be your team any more or merely a money saving, convenient tool for the Super League?

Edited by Terry Mullaney

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

The absolute nail in our coffin, which nobody seems to have picked up on is, in my opinion, the dual registration aspect, which sadly, Rovers seem to have succumbed to, although not, at this moment in time, as much as several other lower division clubs.

This is the start of our leagues becoming feeder clubs as Lowfield previously suggests. It's in its infancy at the present time but it will escalate to proportions whereby Super League coaches will be having a big say in the team selection of lower division sides on a week to week basis.

The big question is ... Will you,as Rovers fans, be able to accept this and feel the same passion for your team? Will it actually be your team any more or merely a money saving, convenient tool for the Super League?

i agree Terry. it's being done by stealth. we may just as well have accepted the mergers all those years ago, we would have been over it by now.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Spot on Terry, I mentioned this in a previous topic and i still haven't been able to find out what the exact rules are with dual registration. What was so wrong with the loan sysyem. I, like you think this is the start of something more disturbing. It's feeder club in all but name. Some clubs in our league and Div 1 have a number of these deals. What influence does the SL club in this contract have over their player, because lets be under no illusions, the SL club will be in control of that contract and that player.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Not only are we going to be feeder clubs, what are the cosequences for our up and coming lads?. Once again they will be relegated down the pecking order, thus having an effect upon the grass roots of our game.

It is obvious that dual players will have first bite of the cherry, selection wise, and I can forsee a great number of disappointed youngsters which could result in them either leaving the sport or taking up the amateur game.

Not only are we going to be feeder clubs, what are the cosequences for our up and coming lads?. Once again they will be relegated down the pecking order, thus having an effect upon the grass roots of our game.

It is obvious that dual players will have first bite of the cherry, selection wise, and I can forsee a great number of disappointed youngsters which could result in them either leaving the sport or taking up the amateur game.

Bob and Terry i,ve been worried we are going down this avenue for a while.Its partially to do with the contract system as well as loan players but nearly every season its a new bunch of players it takes me half the season to know all the players name. But it could be my age ?

ROVERS ROVERS

WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).

ROVERS ROVERS

Bob and Terry i,ve been worried we are going down this avenue for a while.Its partially to do with the contract system as well as loan players but nearly every season its a new bunch of players it takes me half the season to know all the players name. But it could be my age ?

ROVERS ROVERS

Same problem,andyc. I call it a "senior moment".

So do I plus the Bosman rule. After that came in it killed the smaller clubs chances.

Sorry, someone may not know about the Bosman rule. Whatever you think of mamagement to my mind the start was this ruling that was the killer. When a player comes to the end of his current contract he is a free agent and can sign for who he likes- and this is the killer- without a transfer fee. In the past we have brought youngsters along and they went then in the old days to bigger clubs. BUT we got a transfer fee and that enabled us to sign other players or give up and coming youngster a contract out of the proceeds. I have been since 1939 and we have never been a rich club. Our succes has beed built on the back of good coaching, up and coming players, and an influx of seasoned veterans of our choice. We can't do that now as the youngsters go without fee and so our mix to enable us to challenge the top clubs has gone. There is a lot wrong with the system but I feel the root of it all lies in this rule. Yes a player should do the best he can for himself in what is a short career but the club that nurtured and discovered him should be compensated at the time of the transfer and also later if the player gets international honours. That is what use to happen and made a better level of playing field. Now it needs, unless they abolish the Bosman rule, a complete rethink.

Sorry, someone may not know about the Bosman rule. Whatever you think of mamagement to my mind the start was this ruling that was the killer. When a player comes to the end of his current contract he is a free agent and can sign for who he likes- and this is the killer- without a transfer fee. In the past we have brought youngsters along and they went then in the old days to bigger clubs. BUT we got a transfer fee and that enabled us to sign other players or give up and coming youngster a contract out of the proceeds. I have been since 1939 and we have never been a rich club. Our succes has beed built on the back of good coaching, up and coming players, and an influx of seasoned veterans of our choice. We can't do that now as the youngsters go without fee and so our mix to enable us to challenge the top clubs has gone. There is a lot wrong with the system but I feel the root of it all lies in this rule. Yes a player should do the best he can for himself in what is a short career but the club that nurtured and discovered him should be compensated at the time of the transfer and also later if the player gets international honours. That is what use to happen and made a better level of playing field. Now it needs, unless they abolish the Bosman rule, a complete rethink.

what if, instead of "transfer fee" it was called " compensation". a fee being paid for coaching tuition, use of training facilities etc. it could even be a universal fee, multiplied by the number of years a player has been at the club. anything would be better than nothing. of course something would have to be worked out for players coming the other way from s/l to the championship, but these would generally be players that the club no longer wanted. my head hurts.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

what if, instead of "transfer fee" it was called " compensation". a fee being paid for coaching tuition, use of training facilities etc. it could even be a universal fee, multiplied by the number of years a player has been at the club. anything would be better than nothing. of course something would have to be worked out for players coming the other way from s/l to the championship, but these would generally be players that the club no longer wanted. my head hurts.

I think the answer could be something to do with 'the rich getting richer........', or I'm all right jack....... Thing is the Bosman rule applies to all sports, so the smaller clubs in all sports lost out