The Army Link

FEV-KT87

Rovers forward Iain Morrison said: "It's a real honour to have their name on our shirts.

"We get paid to play rugby; they put their lives on the line. There's no comparison between what we do."

fully agree with iain there and again rovers leads the way

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

Rovers forward Iain Morrison said: "It's a real honour to have their name on our shirts.

"We get paid to play rugby; they put their lives on the line. There's no comparison between what we do."

fully agree with iain there and again rovers leads the way

Agreed it's a great honour, but why are we taking money from them? We ought to be paying them. Perhaps the club could give the money back to an army charity?

Matt - send us some players from Tonga

the Army recruitment team who will be the ones advertising have millions annualy to spend on advertising we wont be taking money for kit or nything like that

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

League winners 2010

The Army will join forces with Rovers in their community programmes and school visits while any serving Army member will get free admission to the championship club's home matches next season[/b

that should be the case at ALL clubs

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

League winners 2010

The Army will join forces with Rovers in their community programmes and school visits while any serving Army member will get free admission to the championship club's home matches next season[/b

Editorial comments in todays YP not too happy with the situation. Money should be spent on equipment.

No comment about the lack of funding and equipment by the Government, or the monies from Leeds Uni, now in dire financial trouble due to mismanagement, ploughing money into the Rhinos and the Union team.

Have written to the editor with my comments on the subject.

Each recruiting office has a budget to work with, each decides for itself how best to spend that budget, if the Army believe that sponsorship is a way forward then so be it. I worked for a charity and we used some of our budget to sponsor different events ( including Rovers games) we actually did quite well off the majority and we did not lose money in the long term. The cost of advertising would perhaps be much more than is being spent on sponsorship and may not have as good a result.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Hear hear to that.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Editorial comments in todays YP not too happy with the situation. Money should be spent on equipment.

No comment about the lack of funding and equipment by the Government, or the monies from Leeds Uni, now in dire financial trouble due to mismanagement, ploughing money into the Rhinos and the Union team.

Have written to the editor with my comments on the subject.

Do you have a link to those comments Bob? It sounds a fairly ignorant opinion.

Found the link. What a pathetic piece of mealy mouthed sniping it is. The editor ought to be ashamed of himself for writing such drivel.

The Yorkshire Post has long had a love affair with Rugby Union despite League being 1,000% more popular in Yorkshire. Perhaps this has clouded his ill-judged comments.

War gaming

Published Date: 14 December 2009

DESIRE, team work, professionalism and fitness

So there you have it folks. Fev Rovers establish a special relationship with the Army stemming from a Cup tie a couple of years back, launch an innovative scheme to mutually help two great institutions, the Army and our club, linked in with all kinds of interesting and useful looking community projects.

And what does the editor of the Yorkshire Post have to say?

He says that the club is taking money from the pockets of brave soldiers and their families.

Pathetic.

He'd like to know what we think of his "opinions"...

yp.editor@ypn.co.uk

Do you have a link to those comments Bob? It sounds a fairly ignorant opinion.

Sorry Mark. Do not have a link but the editors comments can be read in the Yorks Post (Tuesday).

So there you have it folks. Fev Rovers establish a special relationship with the Army stemming from a Cup tie a couple of years back, launch an innovative scheme to mutually help two great institutions, the Army and our club, linked in with all kinds of interesting and useful looking community projects.

And what does the editor of the Yorkshire Post have to say?

He says that the club is taking money from the pockets of brave soldiers and their families.

Pathetic.

He'd like to know what we think of his "opinions"...

yp.editor@ypn.co.uk

It is drivel. I rang the office today before I gave the YP both barrels. I was advised by Kevin that we are letting the Army reply. When you think about it a kick in the watsits from the recruiting commanding officer will be the best reply. The special comments about recruiting and special rfelationship and how the funds will be spent are spot on. Th end result will be that the Army benefits. When you think of the millions hived off by so called entrepreneurs who engage in arms deals and then dont supply the equipment and not prosecuted, you would think they should be the targets.See today's Private Eye. In eqipment terms

E-mailed my letter, hopefully to be published this week. No comparisons made regarding tax payers monies, ie; the banks, sponsoring football clubs or the monies thrown at the Carnegie set up by Leeds Uni, despite millions "vanishing " from their kitty.

Inundate the YP with your comments.

I would just ask two questions of the author of this piece. How much did the you charge the last time any of the services placed a recruitment advert in any of your papers? and how long did it run for? If the answers are'nt free and it's still there, then he can get down off his high horse and apologise

We can support the Army and Featherstone Lions when they meet at the Mill Pond Stadium in the first round of the Challenge cup on Saturday 23rd January, the Lions are also doing fundraising for the Army.

Come and give them your support.

Im Fev and im proud

We can support the Army and Featherstone Lions when they meet at the Mill Pond Stadium in the first round of the Challenge cup on Saturday 23rd January, the Lions are also doing fundraising for the Army.

Come and give them your support.

Sounds like a plan, will go down for it and take some snaps.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Had my letter of complaint to the YP printed on Monday along with a photograph of a squaddie and I assume, our two PNG lads.

Had my letter of complaint to the YP printed on Monday along with a photograph of a squaddie and I assume, our two PNG lads.

Nice one Bob, more of a reasoned argument than a complaint I thought which really read better for that. Col