"MERRY CHRISTMAS" FROM THE FEV "CHOIRBOYS"

GAZ1983

as an early chrissy prezzie to Featherstonre Rovers RLFC and its patrons the various glue-sniffers,cider-neckers and general worthless little sheee-ites of this parish have decided to vent thier spleen on the the Lagoon beer garden,which,sadley, is now no more.

a wecking spree no doubt fuelled by cheap ale n "iffy" woodbines has resulted in its destruction.

as a voluntary organisation which donates the bar takings to FRISA we took a gamble and ploughed some serious dosh into this venture to brighten up what was as you'll all recall a neglected corner of the stadium some 15 months ago.

the perimeter fencing has been systematically dismantled to gain entry then the fun began in earnest.

security at the stadium,especially at the family stand side ,has for a long time been,lets say, minimal.sort of out-of-site-out-of mind.

we've suffered setbacks before ie.bar break-ins but we've always bounced back.

this time the kn@bheads have won.

we aint got the funds or the drive to ressurect it all.

therefore an area of the ground will now return to its near previous state.

if you see a snotty-nosed scroat waving a decking post round his head down the lane please feel free to insert it where the sun don't shine.

as you can appreciate me and big bob are generally p@ssed off and feel like jacking it all in.

Gaz and Bob

How can anyone with any ounce of decency do this ? What good has it done the pathetic idiots who have done this ? How have they been brought up or more importantly why have they been brought up at all? Gary the garden was a credit to you and your colleagues it brightened the area up so much and I feel for you all. No doubt someone will open their mouths sometime and tell someone about it, then they might get dragged into court and given a conditional discharge to go away and be good lads. In my day if I had transgressed, I would have got a hiding from my dad and then HE would take me to the police station to be dealt with.( Not that he ever needed to ) I just illustrate the deminishing values that SOME young people have today and the blase way parents deal with matters.

Thanks for your work Gary and good luck for a super season , you all deserve it.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Can fully understand your feelings Gaz. Having been connected with various amateur clubs, I know that finding half the club house roof missing, along with interior damage, rugby posts hauled down etc, etc, feels like the end of the world. Chin up, you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Pity we cannot afford private security patrols, or dare I say it, a patrol car now and then.

I'm gutted by yet another attack on the Blue Lagoon. This great little bar has raised lots of money for FRISA. It must be heartbreaking for Gaz n Bob who give up so much to keep it going. This bar carries a special place in the hearts of the small gang who painted it, fitted it out and beg stole or borrowed all the RL paraphenalia.

Words cannot describe how i feel about the low lifes who did this.

To my good friends Gaz n Bob i'd say don't give up lads, the club needs you and so do the fans who look forward to a gargle and a chat about all things RL.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

That's so dispiriting. What a set of scumbags.

Hope you can get it back together, because a beer & a chat in there before kick off was a laugh.

If i am being naive ,forgive me , but does this meen the blue lagoon bar is now permanantly closed as i was looking forward to making a visit ,for the first time at the jan 1o wakefield match ,so sorry to hear all this, the worthless scumbags need humiliating when caught, then given a good kicking

They want hanging by their.......... Well, I won't stoop to their level and say.

Wonder if any of the local companies would be interested in helping restore it to its former glory ( Barkers, Atkinsons, etc???) Could offer them naming rights for the season!!

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Whilst we shouldn't give in to these morons rebuilding the beer garden would be a pointless exercise because they will break in again and cause further damage.An alternative would be some form of removeable posts and tables/seats that could be cleared away and put under lock and key after each game.

I hope someboby comes forward and id's those responsible.

What is this country coming to? The only solution would be a Local Communuty Patrol Team formed by the supporters, endorsed by the police. Does anybody think this is possible? They have been effective in other areas. Further do I take it that there is no insurance cover?

What is this country coming to? The only solution would be a Local Communuty Patrol Team formed by the supporters, endorsed by the police. Does anybody think this is possible? They have been effective in other areas. Further do I take it that there is no insurance cover?

James...it may come under ground and fittings...id have to speak to Andy Prout to investigate...good point though.

The police are only interested in giving you a crime number. Sad but true.

Personally, I'd cheerfully go down the "welcome party" route. Theft I can at least understand. Vandalism - nope, just don't get that one at all.

If you catch them - and that's a big if - how are the first team fixed for tackle bags ? ;)

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Thats real sad guys, im gutted, the place brings a welcome rest when swapping ends at halftime a place to sit and chat about the first half whilst supping a pint. I hate the #### that take pleasure in ruining something positive like this. There is no place in society for this kind of lowlife, but as has been stated they are looked upon as the victims by some folk when all they need is a couple of hours in the stocks on the village green with all their crimes noted on a post nearbye! there'd soon be less crime if we took that kind of stance.

Thats real sad guys, im gutted, the place brings a welcome rest when swapping ends at halftime a place to sit and chat about the first half whilst supping a pint. I hate the #### that take pleasure in ruining something positive like this. There is no place in society for this kind of lowlife, but as has been stated they are looked upon as the victims by some folk when all they need is a couple of hours in the stocks on the village green with all their crimes noted on a post nearbye! there'd soon be less crime if we took that kind of stance.

I agree mate , humiliate them , then let the fev props ,nay ,all the team use them as tackle bags