Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Non here in Farnborough (Hampshire) yet, but heavy snow forcast for later today. Am on stand by for the world to grind to a complete halt again as the poor darlings down here just can't cope. :huh:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Bad here & in Warrington. Left my car on the front last night to avoid having to reverse off the drive & this morning snow is up to the bumpers. Rang my boss, she is stuck too so has told me not to go in. I am sat having a nice brew wondering what to do with the day.....do I have the energy for a clear out :unsure:

Really bad here in proper Wazza!!! :D

Never seen it so bad, a mate of mine in Stozza (Stockton Heath) rand to say dont bother making your way to the M6 its gridlocked and blocked with Snow!!!

Home working it is for today and probably Wednesday!!! Only problem is no Sky signal??? Any tips?

Lots here in Matlock. Everyone with cars has gone home, just me minding the shop as I can walk home in 4 minutes. Saves on petrol but does have disavantages! :-(

We had a fair bit in Alderwasley over the Christmas holiday. Had to leave the car in the Bear's car park one night - good excuse to have some extra St Petersburg :-)

Only problem is no Sky signal??? Any tips?

If your Sky dish is easily accessible from a window then get a nice soft broom, lean out and very gently dust the snow off the dish. I've had to do this a few times in the past few weeks.

Don't come blaming me if your Sky dish pack up or you fall out of the window and die.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

Really cursing now as I lent my sledge (non of this plastic rubbish - proper wooden two man job with metal runners) to a friend before Christmas to play with his kids.

We have some of the best hills in England for sledging and I bet he having a great time while I'm stuck in work. Grrrr!

Nothing here in London. Not a sausage. Meh.

The prediction is that the south will be shut tomorrow - some of the severest weather warnings I have ever seen are being announced

It never settles here but there is a good 8 inches and it doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon. The kids are happy though (the 19 year old "kid" has made a snowman)

Edited by Giant Hogweed

STUPID CUP WINNER 2006, WCC CUP WINNER 2007, SQL league winner 2008

SQL Stupid Cup and League Double Winner 2009

I spent the morning & early afternoon clearing 3 drives, mine & next door (shared driveway) & my sisters so she could attempt to get her car off it. What we had cleared is now covered again but even deeper & it doesnt look like stopping soon!

On the plus side my boss has rang me to say if its bad overnight dont bother attempting to go in tomorrow, so it looks like its another day off tomorrow!!! :D

it's driving my dogs barmy

they just can't get enough of it.

I got back a short while ago from what was for me a three mile walg over fields and woods-they must have done about twelve.

When we got back they went straight to the window and sat gazingv at it. My son has just taken them out for another session.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

It's driving my cat barmy because he hates it. He's spending his time prowling around the house like a convict trapped in a cell.

What's more he appears to blame me for it.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

It's driving my cat barmy because he hates it. He's spending his time prowling around the house like a convict trapped in a cell.

What's more he appears to blame me for it.

our 18 year old cat is too senile to know.

Keeping it local

The prediction is that the south will be shut tomorrow - some of the severest weather warnings I have ever seen are being announced

Great! I have to try and get home to Merseyside from Farnborough ((Hampshire)TM Kenilworth Tiger) tomorrow. Fortunatley (maybe?) I will be traveling by train.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I got back a short while ago from what was for me a three mile walg over fields and woods-they must have done about twelve.

When we got back they went straight to the window and sat gazingv at it. My son has just taken them out for another session.

Our 2 Airedales are loving it - went for a walk through the fields up by the aptly named Mountain this afternoon - there are massive drifts up there which the dogs enjoyed swimming through - they got so covered in snow baubles on their legs they could hardly walk. I got then home, dried and debaubled then took them out again

Great! I have to try and get home to Merseyside from Farnborough ((Hampshire)TM Kenilworth Tiger) tomorrow. Fortunatley (maybe?) I will be traveling by train.

OOh good luck to you - can't see that happening if I'm honest - as Paley states it's the severest weather warning I've ever seen.

Still - what a lovely county to be stradned in - Hampshire that is :lol:

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Our 2 Airedales are loving it - went for a walk through the fields up by the aptly named Mountain this afternoon - there are massive drifts up there which the dogs enjoyed swimming through - they got so covered in snow baubles on their legs they could hardly walk. I got then home, dried and debaubled then took them out again

my airedale went like that

looked kind of cute

Keeping it local