Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

well well well - Hook Hampshire has been decimated overnight. Just measured over 12 inches on my drive and still coming down as a blizzard. No school for Ollie and no work for Kenny - sledge sledge sledge!!!!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Tell us something we don't already know. :lol:

how have you got on with your journey mate? Stuck in farnborough?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

well well well - Hook Hampshire has been decimated overnight. Just measured over 12 inches on my drive and still coming down as a blizzard. No school for Ollie and no work for Kenny - sledge sledge sledge!!!!

You lucky buggers. One lousy inch of snow in Kingston. So I'm in work. Meh!

I havent gone in today & need to clear the new snow from yesterday which by the looks of it has frozen overnight. No new snow today as yet! My back & arms are killing me from the clearing I did yesterday, god help me tomorrow!! As far as I can tell none of my neighbours have gone to work as no cars have moved. Its earily quiet here.

I am supposed to be having a carpet fitted tomorrow & have rang up the shop & they are still fitting today so I also have to clear the bedroom in preparation for that however the planned runs to the tip & charity shops have been postponed :(

The flip side to this unusually cold weather for us is that some parts of the World are being bathed in unusual warmth for the time of year.

In Yakutsk they're all pleased because the temperature hasn't once dropped below -35 degrees, which is 10 degrees hotter than normal. Or should that be "less cold" than normal?

From what I've read, the normal British January Atlantic weather systems have slipped southwards, meaning that it's p!ssing it down in the Med, and we get what Norway normally get. I believe it's controlled by the position of the jet stream. It was the movement of the jet stream that caused the wet summer in 2007 apparently.

There was something on TV last year about the winter of 1963. Due to some climate anomoly the normal Atlantic weather systems were blocked from the UK to the west of Ireland and we were locked into the Scandinavian system then too. The freeze lasted from Christmas to March.

I was playing U17 RL and didn't play for nearly three months. Our first game after the freeze was a Dewsbury and Batley U17 Cup game at Staincliffe. Because the frost had broken up the soil the pitch was incredibly muddy. A little kid walked into the centre at half time and got stuck. He had to be lifted out of his wellies :D

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

No snow here in Ipswich. Not a single flake of snow. Hard frost though, it took three kettles full of water to defrost the bird bath and the garden blackbird was fairly getting snotty about it when I finally got it going to the point where the ice block had detached and could be lifted out.

My client cancelled today's work late last night as he didn't think he'd make it into London from deepest Surrey.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

how have you got on with your journey mate? Stuck in Farnborough?

Still in Farnborough, not due to leave until later this afternoon. Trains are apparently still running into London, but on a revised timetable and can walk to the station so not too worried, but will give myself plenty of time.

It was strange walking to work this morning though along what is normally a very busy A road - not a sole in sight, like some post Apocalypse type film where I was the only survivor!

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Trojan, it's definitely NOT ####### down in my part of the Med. :P

Actually, the weather is a bit weird. Some cloud, some sunshine. Warm in the sun, unless the wind is blowing. Quite cold at night, 7 degrees C. No snow at all. :D

Mind you, no sledging either.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

No snow here in Ipswich. Not a single flake of snow. Hard frost though, it took three kettles full of water to defrost the bird bath and the garden blackbird was fairly getting snotty about it when I finally got it going to the point where the ice block had detached and could be lifted out.

My client cancelled today's work late last night as he didn't think he'd make it into London from deepest Surrey.

Decent snow now. About 1" of snow in 30 minutes.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Its due to snow in Bedford soon. I'll have 30 dishes to keep clear...ranging from 1.1m to 13m!! Oh Joy!!!

Careful now - remember Rod Hull.

A mere inch or two here on the Essex/Herts border. Not actually snowing at the moment, but has been all morning.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

STILL banging it down here - has been since 5:30 pm last night. we must have well over a foot of snow now and the sledging is ace!

Forecast to carry on for the rest of the day so god knows what we'll end up with

9pm last night

DSC01463.jpg

Kenny towers at 9pm

DSC01459.jpg

Edited by Kenilworth Tiger

The met office forecast a "barbecue summer" and a mild winter. December was the coldest for 13 years, why do they bother?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Another night in the Euston Travelodge beckons ... :dry:

You're living the dream....

I have just been shovelling snow. Haven't done that properly for about 20 years. After three weeks of doing F all and eating too much there was a strong possibility of a cardiac arrest, but not as yet.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Another night in the Euston Travelodge beckons ... :dry:

you blaming the snow again? ;)

You're living the dream....

Oh yes.

Had to get the family ginger into London yesterday for Little Ginger's final hospital appointment which was this morning. Now however we can't get back home. If it was just me I'd walk from the station but Little & Tiny Ginger can't do that so they get another night watching Beebies on a strange TV!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Well I made it from Farnborough into London ok, if very slowly. Now on the Liverpool bound train speeding through the north London suburbs. Not home & dry yet though, apperently Liverpool city centre is bad as the council have run out of grit, so will be something of a slither between Lime St & Central statons!

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I found my daughter had been busy while I was at work.

I know I been alone a few months now, but.... :unsure:

post-29102-1262803823_thumb.jpg

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Well I made it from Farnborough into London ok, if very slowly. Now on the Liverpool bound train speeding through the north London suburbs. Not home & dry yet though, apperently Liverpool city centre is bad as the council have run out of grit, so will be something of a slither between Lime St & Central statons!

My daughter's back at LJMU and she says it's lethal.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

My daughter's back at LJMU and she says it's lethal.

Its lethal around here, even the busiest of roads between the M6 and Wigan town centre still have snow and ice despite gritting and ploughing, the main side roads are still completely covered even after having been gritted, and once you get to a cul-de-sac like ours you are into lethal territory.

Snowed a bit overnight again and a brief flurry today. Deep frost has stated to set in again.

Got to the office tomorrow or work from home again?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.