Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

The family ginger are now home. Although I'm at work. Apparently we have 8-9 inches of snow not going anywhere.

Elsewhere the Express claims this proves global warming can't be happening. Which is why Tabloid Watch is awesome.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Have I missed something but isn't it normal for winter to be cold and have snow ?. My optician is from Switzerland and she says that is laughable people here react to a dusting of snow. (her words not mine)

I thought the mild winters that we have had for years were the abnormal ones.

Edited by westhuller

we might be soft but it's days like this I'm so grateful for my Mighty Penguins jacket :D

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

The family ginger are now home. Although I'm at work. Apparently we have 8-9 inches of snow not going anywhere.

Elsewhere the Express claims this proves global warming can't be happening. Which is why Tabloid Watch is awesome.

so how is ginge junior then ginge?

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I must say after my journey yesterday I was impressed by the efforts the train operators, particularly South West Trains who bore the brunt of the bad snow, had gone to to keep the trains running. We are normally quick to criticise their service, but on this occasion they really seem to have made the effort. I got the distinct impression that the staff were determined to keep things going as best they could under the circumstances. I think they could have easily wimped out and closed many stations on

Edited by Griff9of13

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

so how is ginge junior then ginge?

Formally discharged - no further appointments at Tooting required :D

When I enquired at Euston I was simply told to use any available service and ignore the restrictions.

Chiltern are allowing you to travel three hours either side of the specified train.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Have I missed something but isn't it normal for winter to be cold and have snow ?. My optician is from Switzerland and she says that is laughable people here react to a dusting of snow. (her words not mine)

I thought the mild winters that we have had for years were the abnormal ones.

Have you tried getting continental types to train when there is some rain? THey do not believe it is possible. We adapt to what we are used to rather than building an infastructure to cope with once in a generation snow.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I must say after my journey yesterday I was impressed by the efforts the train operators, particularly South West Trains who bore the brunt of the bad snow, had gone to to keep the trains running.

I was really annoyed with them, getting me in to work like that. Gits.

We've just had about 4 inches in two hours. I've been out and cleared the cars and some of the drive and, despite the quantity, it was a doddle to shift. Really soft and light. I live in a cul-de-sac and went to look at the main road, which is a main estate road really, and it isn't too bad at all. Hopefully, I'll get to work in the morning, but more importantly I hope I can get to the airport on Saturday.

I like all these news snow reports from the countryside on SKY, just to let all the city folks know what's happening outside the concrete limits

and now over to James in countryshire for the latest

" well it's upto me knees and...oooh look city people that big green thing with wheels is called a tractor..."

And of course these antics

I see NASA has trumped all pics so far...

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Canada is also much warmer than usual.

In Goose Bay in Newfoundland, it's barely getting below 0C - bikini weather, relatively speaking, given that the average minimum for January is -23C.

But be quiet about it, it will stop the world is cooling rant! :lol:B):rolleyes::ph34r:

Maybe if Richard Black, the BBCs 'environment correspondent' and fully paid up global warming preacher looked a bit further than the BBC's own website for his data, he would find that it is in fact very cold in Canada as well.

The BBC result for Goose Bay shows it will be +12C on Sunday, with a minimum of +10C at night, whereas a local Canadian site shows it will be -12C tomorrow, but will feel like -20C.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canf0113

Winnipeg will be -23C tonight, Toronto -13C, Montreal -13C. Some of the West Coast (maritime climate) will be above zero, and the North West corner just below.

Sorry to p!ss on your chips yet again.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

We've just had about 4 inches in two hours. I've been out and cleared the cars and some of the drive and, despite the quantity, it was a doddle to shift. Really soft and light. I live in a cul-de-sac and went to look at the main road, which is a main estate road really, and it isn't too bad at all. Hopefully, I'll get to work in the morning, but more importantly I hope I can get to the airport on Saturday.

I wish I had done the job on our road a bit earlier. By yesterday I was hacking the ice from the incline with a shovel, aided by a middle aged woman and a child. Only after a couple of hours did I remember that I've got some snow chains for the car, which I bought years ago, and I could just drive up and down the hill a few times to churn it up for those who haven't got chains.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Maybe if Richard Black, the BBCs 'environment correspondent' and fully paid up global warming preacher looked a bit further than the BBC's own website for his data, he would find that it is in fact very cold in Canada as well.

The BBC result for Goose Bay shows it will be +12C on Sunday, with a minimum of +10C at night, whereas a local Canadian site shows it will be -12C tomorrow, but will feel like -20C.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canf0113

Winnipeg will be -23C tonight, Toronto -13C, Montreal -13C. Some of the West Coast (maritime climate) will be above zero, and the North West corner just below.

Sorry to p!ss on your chips yet again.

I notice you don't quote todays temp in goose bay of 0 degrees only 15 to 20 degrees above the norm. Or that on the 1st jan it was -19 and has risen to -1 on the 2nd and hovered around 0 (max of plus 3) for 5 days before dropping again today?

You do know that an average is not taken on just one day right?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2009/...rm-weather.html

People in Iqaluit may need to swap their parkas for raincoats this weekend, as the weather forecast calls for rain and temperatures on the plus side.

Environment Canada is forecasting light flurries

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Weather today for Iqaluit, Nunavat is -32C, but feels like -49C with windchill.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canu0014

Sadly, your link is 22 days old.

So well above average temperatures from 22 days ago can be dismissed? I forgot you only accept links if they agree with you. Haha you are great!

Ok ok the world is cooling you are right. Everyone else and their pesky thermometers are wrong.

The met office needs you as you, as you are way more accurate than a super computer.