Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

We've had heavy snow for the last two hours but because the ground is quite warm none of it has landed.

This snow that just hovers in mid air and does not land, are you sure your windows do not just need a clean?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 4 weeks later...
More snow next week apparently!!

My sister said that on the phone about 20 mins ago.

Seeing as she's in Darlington I wasn't too bothered, but Bedford aint too far from Duckville.

Would explain why my knee has been hell, mind.....

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

harumph

Can you spellcheck that? ;)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

The cats seem to be blaming me for it being cold outside. Working at home today and I usually leave the patio door open on nicer days for fresh air, shut today for it being so bloody cold.

Weather forecast says we may get some sleet later today. Also says we're in for a cold Easter weekend. Lovely.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 3 weeks later...
I think we'll be ok now.

I snowed heavily in Leeds on 23rd April, 1981. Cast not a clout....

It certainly snowed briefly in Buxton in June 1993 - I was there.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I was listening to Radio 1 this lunch time and someone said it was snowing in the Highlands! :dry:

Been in north Wales all week, not a cloud in the sky for 7 days....

We were all in shorts and t-shirt playing cricket on the beaches of the Llyn Peninsula, yet you could still see plenty of snow on the Snowdonia peaks from there.

Fantastic week. :)

Been in north Wales all week, not a cloud in the sky for 7 days....

We were all in shorts and t-shirt playing cricket on the beaches of the Llyn Peninsula, yet you could still see plenty of snow on the Snowdonia peaks from there.

Fantastic week. :)

I remember flying into Venice in July 1988. We were over the Alps and the snow in the valleys looked really deep. Ten minutes later we were on the ground and the heat and humidity was just like a wall. 90 degrees F.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• 5 months later...

Already had first snow of the season here on the 'Swiss Riviera' - only above 1000 metres though.

It loks weird because they are still harvesting the grapes all this week, yet all the surrounding mountains are capped with snow.

In view of Paul Hudson's warning that we are in for another bad winter, I went to B&Q to buy a new snow shovel - I broke my last one last winter. They hadn't got any :(

Clement Attlee.