Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

There's about 8 inches of snow in my back garden at the moment. Unlike Sam, I am in England. The difference between places is amazing. On Friday I left the Boro with about 4 inches of snow in places, and went to Brum via Elland. Once past York there was no snow at all. For us to get snow here, and not a flake in the Pennines is unbelievable.

There's about 8 inches of snow in my back garden at the moment. Unlike Sam, I am in England. The difference between places is amazing. On Friday I left the Boro with about 4 inches of snow in places, and went to Brum via Elland. Once past York there was no snow at all. For us to get snow here, and not a flake in the Pennines is unbelievable.

Indeed, our kid has just come over from Sheffield. He reckoned there was nothing till he got to the Humber Bridge but a few miles further east we've just had a couple of inches of the stuff in an hour. Absolutely ginormous flakes falling at the moment.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

In Ipswich, we've had a very light dusting of snow but it's very cold. Every morning in the frosty weather I defrost the bird bath, I now have three bird bath shaped blocks of ice in my garden where I've knocked out the ice before refilling the thing with warm water. Three days in a row where it's not been warm enough to melt the ice.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

In Ipswich, we've had a very light dusting of snow but it's very cold. Every morning in the frosty weather I defrost the bird bath, I now have three bird bath shaped blocks of ice in my garden where I've knocked out the ice before refilling the thing with warm water. Three days in a row where it's not been warm enough to melt the ice.

stick some stuff that floats in the birdbath, ping pong balls etc...

foxes or poor people?

Don't forget a couple of bats.

Starling ping-pong on ice is the latest thing, you know....

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I now have a fourth bird bath shaped iceblock in the back garden, this time I have one with an old ping pong ball stuck in it. :dry:

I won't be trying that again. Most of yesterday afternoon saw countless magpies in the garden trying to peck at the thing, the idiot birds probably thought it was an egg.

There's something about magpies that I really can't stand.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Not their Hull FC colours?

No, mainly their annoying insistence on swarming anything smaller than them. The squirrels give them a good run for their money though.

I now have 3 full sized bird bath shaped ice blocks and one that has been chipped into bits by idiot magpies trying to get at the ball. Even the cat gave up watching them after a while. The ball is no longer there, one of the birds must have flown off with it.

Not their Hull FC colours?

And just what's THAT supposed to mean! :angry:

I'm suddenly sidling with Edinburgh bus drivers for some reason... :P

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

And just what's THAT supposed to mean! :angry:

I'm suddenly sidling with Edinburgh bus drivers for some reason... :P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll take the memory of that bus ride in Edinburgh heading to Murrayfield with me to the grave.

Still to this day I though poor John was sat downstairs :D

Spent a few days in Edinburgh just recently. I didn't go near a bus! :lol:

I still can't get over that he expected you to put a note in his slot knowing you wouldn't get any change :O

Snowing in Bedford :D .

21 x 7 metre and bigger satellite dishes to keep clear of snow. :(

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!