Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Fairly deep snow here in Suffolk, the last few days of snow had iced over yesterday and is now covered by 4-6 inches of new snow making it very treacherous. The wife was told that she can work at home today as I wasn't driving her in, local traffic reports showed that it'd take me 90 minutes plus to do the normally quick drive for her and longer coming back.

I hope the local birds show their appreciation for me defrosting their bird bath every day by not messing on my car for the next year.

Our cats are unsure how to react. On one hand they seem to blame us for the snow but then they like the hot radiator under the window that's their own personal nature view to the steady stream of birds having a drink at the only defrosted bird bath in the immediate neighbourhood.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Good amount of snow last night Hook (Hants) but managed to get into work quite easily.

Must be very localised as loads of people who live much closer have decided to "work from home"

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

What racism would that be then?

I have no idea. It wasn't I that made the comment.

Had it been stupidity that you were being alleged to keep to facebook, then I'd clearly have challenged the poster.

Had it been stupidity that you were being alleged to keep to facebook, then I'd clearly have challenged the poster.

I think if I was posting racist comments on Facebook, then my account would be terminated.

Nowt to do with you Millman. As a mate on Facebook of Mick I can catergorically say he doesn't post anything of a racist nature. Posts about refs and football however........... :lol::lol::lol:

Back on topic anyone?

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Cowder than Bose-Einstein Condensate

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Nowt to do with you Millman. As a mate on Facebook of Mick I can catergorically say he doesn't post anything of a racist nature. Posts about refs and football however........... :lol::lol::lol:

Back on topic anyone?

Ouch :D

This thread should now be renamed the "Never seen snow like it round 'ere" thread.

Because, in all honesty, I really have never seen owt like the conditions we're having in Hull at the mo.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

This thread should now be renamed the "Never seen snow like it round 'ere" thread.

Because, in all honesty, I really have never seen owt like the conditions we're having in Hull at the mo.

Where I live it's more like "Never seen snow like it round 'ere" thread.

A week in and nowt on the west coast of Lancashire. :huh:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I feel awful moaning about the snow now after reading about the two pensioners who have died in Cumbria, separate incidents, found in their own gardens.....thoughts so far are that they may have fallen and sadly lost thier lives in the freezing conditions

Please, everyone, keep an eye out for your neighbours

link to story

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I've certainly never seen the route to work look as stunningly beautiful as it did today.

Though I think we may be heading for a shortage of locally grown tomatoes and cucumbers. The greenhouses at Rozenbroek's old place on Castle Road had collapsed under the weight of the snow.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

At this moment in time I should be out watching Madness in concert at the local arena but due to the biblical snow storms we have had I'm stuck in watching Im A Celebrity.

Bit ironic mate, considering it was the ice arena.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

At this moment in time I should be out watching Madness in concert at the local arena but due to the biblical snow storms we have had I'm stuck in watching Im A Celebrity.

Me too mate, well the Madness concert at least, certainly not "I'm a waste of tv airtime".

Was looking forward to seeing Paul Heaton again, wonder what material he's doing at the shows, guess we'll have to wait until the New Year now. :(

Got tickets for the Specials at Hull Arena next October, massively looking forward to that already. :)

Double post...stoopid Google Chrome, it's too quick for me!

Edited by Old Frightful

Me too mate, well the Madness concert at least, certainly not "I'm a waste of tv airtime".

Was looking forward to seeing Paul Heaton again, wonder what material he's doing at the shows, guess we'll have to wait until the New Year now. :(

Got tickets for the Specials at Hull Arena next October, massively looking forward to that already. :)

I have got some Specials tickets to. Saw them last year you are in for a treat. They were excellent.