Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

I have got some Specials tickets to. Saw them last year you are in for a treat. They were excellent.

I saw them twice in the last year or so, Brid and Sheffield. Absolutely fooking fantastic. :P

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

"We have had people phoning up and asking to get trapped in but it's kind of boring now and I'd like to go home"

:lol: :lol:

Going by the dire warnings of "up to 8 inches of snow" for this region given on last night's telly I decided to work at home today. The weather forecast said that by about 9am-10am we'd have thick snow showers and treacherous weather. We had about 30-40 seconds of snow around 8am, enough to give a light dusting on top of morning frost and we're now at clear blue skies on a crisp but nice winter day.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

2 trips out in last 2 days, one east , one west, both on lovely crisp days, with scenery that was almost dangerously distracting, today, Glos was the best, the Cotswold area in winter, breathtaking, especially against a crystal blue sky.

Yeah, it was cold, but that's what coats are for. B)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

No snow here, but dropping below -10C most nights.

If I leave water bottles outside, they remain liquid, due to the high vapour pressure within the bottles, but as soon as I open them, replace the lid and shake them, they freeze solid within a second or so. It's fascinating* to watch, like a Hollywood special effect from The Day After Tomorrow. I think it's the altitude here.

* Though a right pain in the bum when you're trying to brush your teeth.

Edited by Haloman

Just got some ice grips through the post from Amazon this morning - maybe I'll get a chance to use them.

51nqGZekMrL._SS400_.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just got some ice grips through the post from Amazon this morning - maybe I'll get a chance to use them.

51nqGZekMrL._SS400_.jpg

Come on, be honest. You've made them yourself from an old inner tube and a tiddly wink set, haven't you? :huh:

On behalf of all of us, can I thank you for ensuring that there will be no more ice this winter. :D

That's what I thought, too. Anyone snowed in, just give a ring and I'll visit your neck of the woods, bringing the thaw with me. ;)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's what I thought, too. Anyone snowed in, just give a ring and I'll visit your neck of the woods, bringing the thaw with me. ;)

Well what was a foot or so of snow down our street is now solid ice about four inches thick.

When can you get here? :D

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The greenhouses at Rozenbroek's old place on Castle Road had collapsed under the weight of the snow.

Went past them a few days back. Man, what a scene of devastation. Might be worth setting a stall up selling glass shard proof gloves for anyone with the unenviable job of clearing that lot up.

Futtocks you can't beat a pair of the thickest socks you have, over the top of any footwear

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

The town ground to a halt in Duckville today.

Had almost a whole inch if the stuff.

Farcical.

It's going to freeze tonight, then fresh snow on the ice tomorrow, that could cause issues, but today was just a farce, even cancelled the busses so had to walk home (with no problems), but why buy a return ticket if there's no return sevice?

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

A good 9 inches (stop snigering at the back ;) ) here on the costa de la Mersey overnight. Not seen it like this for about 30 years. Looks wonderful. Supposed to be visiting my mum in Morecambe though today, could be an interesting drive.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

On my way to work at 5am, I crossed the M58 only to see a pile of vehicles gridlocked through accidents. Taking another route, I found no way through up a hill due to wagons being stuck. Back to the sliproad of the M58, I was then turned away. Having telephoned a work colleague, the few who made it due to living locally have been sent home. I've been told the snow in Skelmersdale is one foot deep anyhow, so that is that. B)

No snow here beyond a light dusting but it's not getting above freezing today with an expected wind-chill taking it down to -4 or so (courtesy of metcheck). The game I'm supposed to be going to today just called and said they still expect to be playing this afternoon, I'll be mightily upset if I get there and have to see it called off for a frozen pitch.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

bloody hell, trapped in wigan last no buses no taxis 2 hour trek home in a raging blizzard, at least 10 inches of snow and still snowing now.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

No snow here beyond a light dusting but it's not getting above freezing today with an expected wind-chill taking it down to -4 or so (courtesy of metcheck). The game I'm supposed to be going to today just called and said they still expect to be playing this afternoon, I'll be mightily upset if I get there and have to see it called off for a frozen pitch.

Game off after I "encouraged" them to do another pitch check.