Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

John needs to introduce us to her sometime. :O

Is Paul Hames still the harbourmaster or has he retired?

I think it's somebody else now mate.

Anyway, it's Christmas Eve and it's snowing. Very festive!

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

yes, but she's a bit scratched here and there and some of her bits are now broken off ever since she fell off the mantleshelf. :D

Couldn't quite manage the wardrobe eh John? ;)

As Ullman says, snowing like a good 'un here. Very generous odds on a snowflake landing on the Meteorological Office roof tomorrow...is that still how they do it? :huh:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/dec/15/b...white-christmas

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

yes, but she's a bit scratched here and there and some of her bits are now broken off ever since she fell off the mantleshelf. :D

And as Tommy Cooper once said 'but she's great with the kids'.

Edited by Ullman

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Couldn't quite manage the wardrobe eh John? ;)

As Ullman says, snowing like a good 'un here. Very generous odds on a snowflake landing on the Meteorological Office roof tomorrow...is that still how they do it? :huh:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/dec/15/b...white-christmas

I don't care what the bookies say. It certainly looks like a White Christmas here after last night's fresh snowfall.

Been snowing in Morley this morning, but it feels warmer than of late. Forecast to get warmer as the week progresses, I hope it doesn't snow on New Years Eve, we're due to drive to Salisbury.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

A foot and a half of snow over night.

Barely anyone is in who is salaried, yet oddly the vast majority of contractors have been able to make it. A fun day walking to work on the road as the pavement was holding the drifts.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 3 weeks later...
The snow is back, the best part of a foot.

Pictures may follow. It is possible.

Not here, mate.

Pi$$ed down, I can tell you.... ;)

Edited by goldcard

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I don't know how long it is since it snowed in Hull, but I was there on Thursday and there are still huge piles of dirty snow lying about.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Working in the states again this week and there was a storm watch this morning.

2 inches of snow and a bit of freezing rain, lots of schools closed and the TV news channels going into overdrive covering it. Reminded me of home!

Indeed, we have had a couple of inches today (Boston).

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 1 month later...

Here we go again, Newsome Huddersfield reporting - continuous and sticking :sad:

Please be over and gone by dinner, as if there had never been any - no more games cancelled please

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

now stopped in Huddersfield - and am told am cup game Sharlston v Egremont is ON

edit...started again , but no diff to Sharlston game as far as I know

Edited by amh

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

• 11 months later...

I hope you lot are taking the p***. I'm supposed to be flying back to Blighty on Sunday. Bright blue skies all day here.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.