Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

• 8 months later...

Might aswell bump this. Darn sarf have a quarter of an inch so it shares half the entire paper with the royal foetus.

Darn sarf have a quarter of an inch so it shares half the entire paper with the royal foetus.

Have you rung Obama to send in the National Guard to help yet? ;):)

We had a brief flurry of ###### yesterday morning & I predicted the lazy apse bus drivers would be straight into the depot abandoning all passengers by the road by lunchtime, I was 24 hours too early.

No snow today but it seemed it was too cold for the lazy bug gers, and half the drivers were calling it quits when they got within calling distance of a hot coffee & a smoke. They really are idle around here, more than most bus drivers, because I think their Union has a tighter grip when they were transfered to Stagecoach than anywhere else in the country.

There are no buses running after 9pm, very few on Sunday (least of all to the Hospital where the first bus on a Sunday arrives at 10am), the Bus from the hospital during the weekday has a 3.5 mile run to the town centre, of which there are 4 built in smoke breaks for the driver (Ashdown House - Child Support Agency -, Silverhill (Where the depot is located), Top of Pevensey Road, and Warrior Square, there is also a 5 minute break at the train station for all routes. If a Bus is late to it's destination, the driver is still entitled to a coffee break of 15 minutes before he turns the bus round.

LAZY Lazy lazy zzzzzzzzzz

looking at a good chance of a beast from the east, late next week.

Yeah. Just heard this on the news this evening. Sounds really promising! :(

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Interesting commute home yesterday between Oxenhope & Hebden Bridge. Stuck bus, stuck skip wagon, stuck cars, cars in ditches.... Same happens every year when it snows; you'd think by now people would be prepared if they use the road regularly, and fit winter tyres. *smug mode on* :lol:

*Smug mode off* The road was closed this morning, so I had to detour via Denholme to get to work. :dry:

Edited by gazza77

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• 1 month later...

An inch or two of snow and once again Armageddon is upon us. Why can't we cope with anything any more?

As usual, the Mash gets it right.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/britain-urged-to-freak-out-2013011455905

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

It's been fun (NOT) going to and from work this week. I've made it both ways every day, though Tuesday's journey home was a bit hair-raising. Today, though, I set off from Malton with the temperature gauge reading -11c and got to work with the temperature gauge reading -6c. However, driving through Bilsdale (between Helmsley and Stokesley), the gauge hit an eye-popping -16c. That is very cold! :O I wish I'd taken a photo of it for proof, but I know you will all take my word for it. :)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I wish I'd taken a photo of it for proof, but I know you will all take my word for it. :)

My ar se.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I'm snowed in again. Ventured out yesterday in a land rover and wound up in a ditch. Ouch. Sore shoulder today!

Hey, come over here for some Yorkshire delights (well I'm here so I put something delightful in Yorkshire) 6th July 2014 TDF

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

It's been fun (NOT) going to and from work this week. I've made it both ways every day, though Tuesday's journey home was a bit hair-raising. Today, though, I set off from Malton with the temperature gauge reading -11c and got to work with the temperature gauge reading -6c. However, driving through Bilsdale (between Helmsley and Stokesley), the gauge hit an eye-popping -16c. That is very cold! :O I wish I'd taken a photo of it for proof, but I know you will all take my word for it. :)

I'll believe you. The thermometer on my car hit -16 this time two years back on the M62 on the way over to Liverpool

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

I'll believe you. The thermometer on my car hit -16 this time two years back on the M62 on the way over to Liverpool

I remember driving to Birmingham and back a couple of years ago, was -19 when we set off from Pontefract and never got above -11 all day.

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Off to London on the 7am train from Leeds tomorrow for a "team building" day.

Anyone else reckon I should sack it off and claim I was snowed in?

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

Off to London on the 7am train from Leeds tomorrow for a "team building" day.

Anyone else reckon I should sack it off and claim I was snowed in?

Don't be a wuss. You scared of the 23mph winds? :lol:

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb