Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

The side roads round here look awful. Started snowing properly at about 9 and has just now stopped. Meant to start again later. The main road (on which we live) was looking bad but the plough and gritting team have just been through and it looks fine now.

Lots of fun watching folk in the snow - and of course two boys hurling round the garden in it. Pleased I worked from home though - and not just so I could watch Argentina v Tunisia in the handball.

Obligatory photie

8391718781_12fbb2af1d_c.jpg

Royal Mail by Jon Smalldon, on Flickr

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

British people never cease to be amazed by snow do they.

Edited by Just Browny

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

It's because of it's rarity value. Next summer we will be amazed by sunshine, if we should get any. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

A few days of the year when things are a bit different.

It'd be like if something interesting happened in Belgium. They'd be talking about it for ages.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

A few days of the year when things are a bit different.

It'd be like if something interesting happened in Belgium. They'd be talking about it for ages.

S'ace Belgium, don't knock it. We've had snow all week, it didn't cause an Instagram party though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

We've had snow all week, it didn't cause an Instagram party though.

This is because there would be a constitutional crisis should there be more snow pics tagged in French than Flemish.

Its the media that whip everyone into a frenzy, beats reporting real news!

Opened up a weather app this morning to have a look at tomorrows forcast, was slightly taken aback to see a forecast of -29 today and -25 tomorrow, before realising it had defaulted to the brother in laws town in Finland, I checked his timeline on facebook, no bloody mention of the weather of pannick buying, he's clearly not entering into the spirit of things!

We went out today and Panic Bought.

We now have enough food for 4 people for 5 days.

FFS

You're FFSing something you did?

You're my hero.

Interesting commute for me this morning.

My first "will I or won't I" moment was to get off our lane, where there was a drift that was probably a good couple of feet deep. Managed to get through that without any problem. Next was the approx 1 in 5 hill I had to climb to get into the village, which had a covering of about 3 inches or so. Once clear of that, over Cock Hill between Peckett Well & Oxenhope, which was particularly slippery in place, with a decent covering of snow and dense fog not helping. Oxenhope to Steeton was pretty clear.

I have to admit, the standard of driving in general didn't seem to bad today. I wasn't tailgated down any snow covered hills, I didn't see any cars that were still covered in snow beyong a pinhole for the driver to peer through and only one car I passed hadn't cleared their headlights of snow, given it was still dark. :)

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Comes to us all! the VFR1200 had to go, TOO fast... and knackered shoulder too!

I realised the 900SS had to go when I couldn't rise it for more than an hour without serious cramp in my hips and shoulders.

I looked at the Triumph Sprint ST, definitely the sensible choice, more upright, comfortable, big panniers for luggage.

So naturally I bought a Ducati 1098. :D

Edited by Shadow

another day off work can't get out the bloody street here in standish wigan and it is still snowing, at least a good 5 inch :(

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)