Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

6 hours to get back to Bradford from South Wales. Usually takes four.

My son made the mistake of going by rail to London for Christmas. 11 of them are stuck at Finsbury Park with no train coming back tonight.

I had the same experience from Salisbury. Delays on the A34, delays on the M40, but mainly the M1.  All the way from 15A they were flagging long delays between 31 & 34.  There were certainly long delays to 31 because of all the sodding roadworks!  At 34 the sign said "incident" the only incident I saw was that it was clear the road had not been ploughed.  It snows nearly every year, and the weather forecasters have been flagging this for days but we are still "taken by surprise!"  I blame the Tories :tongue:

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Still nerr snerr in 'ull

I would even go so far as to say there's probably "Nerr snerr in Frerm Rerd"

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Had a day on Ingleborough today. Not a lot of snow until about 300 - 400 metres up, then quite a bit on top.

Never surprises me how poorly kitted out people are for a day out in this weather. Granted it was fine and warm on the lower slopes in the winter sunshine, but for the highest third it was icy and treacherous. Arctic in the very cold wind on the summit, and passed people with nothing more than a t-shirt, leggings or jeans and trainers on.

No snow in Sussex. We went for a nice walk this afternoon at a local Nation Trust place, it was cold but blue skies and sunshine made for a very pleasant walk.

I presume you got as far as Dorset.

;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Out of the window, i see salmon-coloured evening sunlight on snow-capped Cheviots - beautiful.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, we have some snerr in Hull.

And it's a near blizzard!  :)

Finally, we have some snerr in Hull.

And it's a near blizzard!  :)

Just heard a rather loud crunch outside. Somebody had gone round the fountain a little too quickly for the conditions, come off the road and smacked into a bollard. The bollard was trapped under the front of the car. It took three of us to get her off.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just heard a rather loud crunch outside. Somebody had gone round the fountain a little too quickly for the conditions, come off the road and smacked into a bollard. The bollard was trapped under the front of the car. It took three of us to get her off.

There are a lot of people scarily unaware of how to drive in icy conditions.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

There are a lot of people scarily unaware of how to drive in icy conditions.

Substitute "any" for "icy" and the statement still reads correct.

A fascinating photograph of an iced-up lighthouse in Michigan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/11362354/Bizarre-ice-formations-engulf-frozen-lighthouse-in-Michigan-in-pictures.html?frame=3173023

It was apparently so cold there earlier this month that Lake Michigan froze over.

That's a phare old photo Martyn.  :ph34r:

Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hull is white over this morning which presumably means the country will now grind to a halt.

Hull is white over this morning which presumably means the country will now grind to a halt.

At the opposite end of the M62 we've had nowt this year so far.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."