Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

29 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Yellow snow has a totally different meaning over here...never taste or drink yellow snow!  All children are taught this over here.

Nope, we give the same warning for the same reason as you do Kman!

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Its been "snowing " all morning here. I say "snowing" because it just doesnt get any deeper. Its very powdery and I supect we are just seing the same snowflakes being recycled by the wind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ron Banks

Very boring today here in Sintellins.  There is a strong wind blowing which is bleedin Baltic but the only snow on the ground is what was left of last night's snowfall, and it's turned into annoying areas of ice.

11 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Very boring today here in Sintellins.  There is a strong wind blowing which is bleedin Baltic but the only snow on the ground is what was left of last night's snowfall, and it's turned into annoying areas of ice.

image.thumb.png.5e85dc90df90e6f93cb8897b8294dc71.png

You are in the about only part of the country without a weather warning  so it's hardly surprising really.

5 hours ago, gingerjon said:

No more snow worthy of the name here in Hastings (I think surrounding areas have a fair bit) but the wind is an absolute bee-hatch right now and the brass monkeys are eunuchs.

So is Yate's, and John Logie's

(It's a Hastings Joke)

Edited by Bleep1673

6 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Should we alert the mods that Silent Bob has hacked Saintslass'' account?

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

The local seems closed for some reason?!

85A65B42-657F-41B0-8719-7D1B2730E0D7.jpeg

You live in Gargill?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

There has been some serious snowfall around the country.  I was really surprised when I watched the TV news update this evening.  I am so used to the media going overboard about snow that I didn't expect to actually see some pretty deep snow in places.

Still no new snow here though.  BORING!

4 hours ago, Shadow said:

image.thumb.png.5e85dc90df90e6f93cb8897b8294dc71.png

You are in the about only part of the country without a weather warning  so it's hardly surprising really.

I know.  But I was hoping the forecasts were wrong!  

I wish they'd been wrong about the wind.  I keep thinking the roof is going to blow off the house.

Mrs Shadow has been stuck on the A36 for the past 2 hours, so far it's taken her over 4 hours to get home. A distance of all of 14 miles.

Absolute nightmare....I've had to cook my own tea

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Should we alert the mods that Silent Bob has hacked Saintslass'' account?

It always surprises me to see people who couldn’t see the value in Silent Bob’s posts. Hidden gems in every one. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

57 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Mrs Shadow has been stuck on the A36 for the past 2 hours, so far it's taken her over 4 hours to get home. A distance of all of 14 miles.

You new men?

It's blokes like you get blokes like me a bad name.

Edited by Bearman

Ron Banks

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

And anyway I thought you posh lot called tea supper?

Ron Banks

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

Surely, she could have got a friend to travel over and sort you out?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Although I do feel sorry for those folk caught in the snow in their cars, all I can think of is the red and amber warnings and “are they thick?”

Too many clips of stranded people with no supplies, water, blankets or even a warm coat and then grumbling that others should be doing more for them. 

Come on, surely if you choose to drive in a weather warning then the consequences are yours. The more severe the warning, the more care you take. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"