Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

17 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Can't be Newcastle or anywhere in the UK....... there's not a Tattoo in sight and I've inspected the photo very carefully ?

I guarantee they’ve all got tramp stamps

apart from the one in the black bikini 

she’s got a full hunting scene down her back with the fox’s tail disappearing down ..........

Edited by Shadow

• 3 weeks later...

This is the forecast over here today...don't think a high kick in Lamport would come down well...might get carried a bit with the wind and snow and all.

Tonight Flurries and snow squalls. Blowing snow. Local amount 10 to 15 cm. Wind southwest 70 km/h gusting to 110 becoming northwest 70 gusting to 110 before morning. Low minus 10. Wind chill minus 13 in the evening and minus 23 overnight.
Mon, 25 Feb Flurries and snow squalls. Blowing snow. Local amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind northwest 70 km/h gusting to 100 diminishing to 50 gusting to 80 early in the afternoon. Temperature steady near minus 10. Wind chill near minus 23. UV index 1 or low.
Night Flurries or snow squalls. Low minus 18.
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

This is the forecast over here today...don't think a high kick in Lamport would come down well...might get carried a bit with the wind and snow and all.

Tonight Flurries and snow squalls. Blowing snow. Local amount 10 to 15 cm. Wind southwest 70 km/h gusting to 110 becoming northwest 70 gusting to 110 before morning. Low minus 10. Wind chill minus 13 in the evening and minus 23 overnight.
Mon, 25 Feb Flurries and snow squalls. Blowing snow. Local amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind northwest 70 km/h gusting to 100 diminishing to 50 gusting to 80 early in the afternoon. Temperature steady near minus 10. Wind chill near minus 23. UV index 1 or low.
Night Flurries or snow squalls. Low minus 18.

When's the pitch inspection ?

Mrs Shoelaces was saying only today " If we were to emigrate I'd like to move to Canada ". Then she said to me " What are you pulling those faces for ? " 

This is when we're wondering around Fondon, a beautiful little village in Andalucia, in shirt sleeves in 22 C degrees heat and bright sunshine with an almost cloudless sky.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When's the pitch inspection ?

Mrs Shoelaces was saying only today " If we were to emigrate I'd like to move to Canada ". Then she said to me " What are you pulling those faces for ? " 

This is when we're wondering around Fondon, a beautiful little village in Andalucia, in shirt sleeves in 22 C degrees heat and bright sunshine with an almost cloudless sky.

Don't go there!....come here....its much better.

32 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Don't go there!....come here....its much better.

I used to work with a guy who emigrated to Canada. He got a job with Firestone or Goodyear in Hamilton, Ontario and married a Canadian girl. He brought her back to Rochdale  for a two week holiday. At the end of the two weeks she didn't’t want to go home ! She loved the night life here.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to work with a guy who emigrated to Canada. He got a job with Firestone or Goodyear in Hamilton, Ontario and married a Canadian girl. He brought her back to Rochdale  for a two week holiday. At the end of the two weeks she didn't’t want to go home ! She loved the night life here.

Once you experienced one of our beautiful blizzards you will never want to go back..trust me...you can't go back even if you wanted...do you want to die out Tyrone!

Forecast for tonight:

Dangerous snow squalls with blizzard conditions developing early this evening.

Temperatures will plummet through the day behind a strong cold front. Snow squalls will develop early this evening and combine with very strong westerly winds with gusts of 90 to 110 km/h to produce dangerous whiteout conditions at times.

The most hazardous conditions are expected tonight, but will improve Monday as winds weaken.

It should be emphasized that the most significant aspect of this event will be from the very poor visibility and high winds and not from the snowfall accumulations. Total snowfall accumulations of 5 to 15 cm are likely by Monday.

Road closures are possible. Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. If you do travel and become lost, remain where you are until the blizzard has passed. Public Safety Canada encourages everyone to make an emergency plan and get an emergency kit with drinking water, food, medicine, a first-aid kit and a flashlight.

Blizzard warnings are issued when widespread reduced visibilities of 400 metres or less are expected for at least 4 hours.

Edited by Kayakman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Once you experienced one of our beautiful blizzards you will never want to go back..trust me...you can't go back even if you wanted...do you want to die out Tyrone!

Forecast for tonight:

Dangerous snow squalls with blizzard conditions developing early this evening.

Temperatures will plummet through the day behind a strong cold front. Snow squalls will develop early this evening and combine with very strong westerly winds with gusts of 90 to 110 km/h to produce dangerous whiteout conditions at times.

The most hazardous conditions are expected tonight, but will improve Monday as winds weaken.

It should be emphasized that the most significant aspect of this event will be from the very poor visibility and high winds and not from the snowfall accumulations. Total snowfall accumulations of 5 to 15 cm are likely by Monday.

Road closures are possible. Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. If you do travel and become lost, remain where you are until the blizzard has passed. Public Safety Canada encourages everyone to make an emergency plan and get an emergency kit with drinking water, food, medicine, a first-aid kit and a flashlight.

Blizzard warnings are issued when widespread reduced visibilities of 400 metres or less are expected for at least 4 hours.

I go on an engineering site and the Aussies on there are always bigging  up Australia. Way to much wildlife there for my liking. Crocs and snakes in the streets during the recent floods ! If want to see them in the flesh I'll go to a zoo !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I go on an engineering site and the Aussies on there are always bigging  up Australia. Way to much wildlife there for my liking. Crocs and snakes in the streets during the recent floods ! If want to see them in the flesh I'll go to a zoo !

We don't have any wildlife in Canada...you would love it here...the great climate and lack of wildlife is renowned throughout the world.

Am currently SNOWED IN in a blizzard...starting to go a 'little squirely' as we say over here....trying to stay patient...I'm sick of being snowed in this winter but Hey!....it will be great Snowshoeing and X County Skiing when it gives up....supposed to get real cold again though, with lots of snow after the blizzard....blizzards kill, if you get stuck out in them too long, over here.

Mrs Shadow and I stopped in the Forest yesterday and enjoyed an Icecream at Godshill. I'm pretty certain some of you will have been there, it's where the comedically named Sandy Balls holiday village can be found. It was only around 15 degrees (Centigrade) but in the sun it was lovely. 

Edited by Shadow

4 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Mrs Shadow and I stopped in the Forest yesterday and enjoyed an Icecream at Godshill. I'm pretty certain some of you will have been there, it's where the comedically named Sandy Balls holiday village can be found. It was only around 15 degrees (Centigrade) but in the sun it was lovely. 

Looks like a real nice place, I mean that,  but it has one major problem...no kayaking or kayaking rentals, this is a major downfall....myself or my family can't stay there, sorry.

What is the closest rugby league team please.

10 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Looks like a real nice place, I mean that,  but it has one major problem...no kayaking or kayaking rentals, this is a major downfall....myself or my family can't stay there, sorry.

What is the closest rugby league team please.

Southampton Spitfires for Rugby League

Lymington Kayaks for all your kayaking needs

• Like 1

Something is not right. It's been persisting down for days now. Today was positively biblical. There's a "river" flowing through my cellar. Fortunately, there is a channel for it and a drain hole to take it away. The worrying thing is that it is coming in through a concrete wall. I hope it stops raining soon!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Closed the main highway north out of Toronto due to the conditions up there.  Blowing in the Toronto area but not sever blizzards.  Upshot of this is the big bosses business group couldn’t get in so I’ve managed to score some Leafs tickets for tonight!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, longboard said:

It's not  a bad area for a bit of kayaking on the river and out to sea.

The night life isn't the same as that of Rochdale though.

Yes, they got rid of bed bugs years ago in Southampton

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

23 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Warmest February day on record (UK).  

Record broken already!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

18.5 degrees C yesterday and car frozen this morning.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

We've certainly had some extreme weather recently. This time last year the beast from the east had been about for a couple of days, now we have the hottest February since records began two days in a row. Let's not forget last summer as well when temperatures were touching 40 degrees in some places. Can't help thinking we're in for something similar this year!