Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

24 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Can't help thinking we're in for something similar this year!

The water companies will be hoping not.  Last year had a decent winter for them, this years winter has been fairly dry (after a dry summer).

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Another absolutely roasting day. 36 degrees with stupid humidity.

Locals are really struggling, definite grumblings thats its getting hotter.

Hasn't rained in ages, so all the landscapers are working their tail off watering every patch of green in the city. There's a lot of green!

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

7 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Another absolutely roasting day. 36 degrees with stupid humidity.

Locals are really struggling, definite grumblings thats its getting hotter.

Hasn't rained in ages, so all the landscapers are working their tail off watering every patch of green in the city. There's a lot of green!

You really haven't got the hang of this thread.

Edited by Just Browny
  • Haha 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 25/02/2019 at 14:09, tonyXIII said:

Something is not right. It's been persisting down for days now. Today was positively biblical. There's a "river" flowing through my cellar. Fortunately, there is a channel for it and a drain hole to take it away. The worrying thing is that it is coming in through a concrete wall. I hope it stops raining soon!

Well Tony my jealousy of your geographic location begins yet again.

Seems Old Man Winter has decided to turn on the snow machine for another year again...already been snowing for two days (about 2 feet) and now this:  It begins!

Tonight Flurries and local snow squalls. Local blowing snow early this evening. Local amount 20 to 30 cm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light near midnight. Low minus 10. Wind chill near minus 15.
Wed, 13 Nov Flurries and local snow squalls ending in the morning then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Local amount 5 cm. Wind becoming south 20 km/h early in the afternoon. High minus 4. Wind chill minus 15 in the morning and minus 10 in the afternoon. UV index 1 or low.
Night Periods of snow. Amount 2 cm. Wind south 30 km/h becoming light after midnight. Temperature rising to minus 2 by morning. Wind chill minus 13 in the evening and minus 6 overnight.

29 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well Tony my jealousy of your geographic location begins yet again.

Seems Old Man Winter has decided to turn on the snow machine for another year again...already been snowing for two days (about 2 feet) and now this:  It begins!

Tonight Flurries and local snow squalls. Local blowing snow early this evening. Local amount 20 to 30 cm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light near midnight. Low minus 10. Wind chill near minus 15.
Wed, 13 Nov Flurries and local snow squalls ending in the morning then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Local amount 5 cm. Wind becoming south 20 km/h early in the afternoon. High minus 4. Wind chill minus 15 in the morning and minus 10 in the afternoon. UV index 1 or low.
Night Periods of snow. Amount 2 cm. Wind south 30 km/h becoming light after midnight. Temperature rising to minus 2 by morning. Wind chill minus 13 in the evening and minus 6 overnight.

We've had our central heating on at night for the last three weeks. Hardly in your league, but I feel your pain.

Actually, I know you like it like that, so there's no pain. I do hope you are keeping warm, though. Good luck through your winter.

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

33 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

We've had our central heating on at night for the last three weeks. Hardly in your league, but I feel your pain.

Actually, I know you like it like that, so there's no pain. I do hope you are keeping warm, though. Good luck through your winter.

Ya..I was actually out in the storm walking a crestline with the dog...big parka all zipped up...snug as a big in the rug...I love doing that for long distances in a full blown winter storm...you know me too well!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

There's a few flakes of snow falling now here. I now expect the East of England to close down. I'm surprised they haven't closed the M11 already.

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Very wet snow currently falling in That There London, as you will probably discover when you look at the front pages of all tomorrow's national newspapers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Very wet snow currently falling in That There London, as you will probably discover when you look at the front pages of all tomorrow's national newspapers.

Image result for snow memes in the south

• Haha 1

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

1 hour ago, Click said:

Yup, been on-off snow here in Croydon since about 9 this morning, now it seems to have mainly turned to rain.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

Clear blue sky and sunshine here in Pennine West Yorkshire, but you wouldn't expect anything else?

This is my forecast for today:

4:46 AM EST Thursday 27 February 2020
Snow squall warning in effect for:

• Bruce Peninsula - Sauble Beach - Tobermory
  • Hanover - Dundalk - Southern Grey County
  • Owen Sound - Blue Mountains - Northern Grey County
  • Saugeen Shores - Kincardine - Southern Bruce County

Lake effect snow squalls giving blizzard-like conditions this afternoon through Saturday.

Some lake effect snow is expected through the morning hours that may give a few centimetres. However, snow squalls are expected to become organized off Lake Huron this afternoon. A couple of these snow squalls are likely to intensify taking heavy snow and blowing snow well inland of Lake Huron.

Snowfall rates under the most intense bands may reach or exceed 5 centimetres per hour at times. Some areas may see snowfall amounts in excess of 40 cm by Friday morning.

Very strong northwest to west winds gusting to 70 km/h will combine with the snow to generate near zero visibility at times.

While the snow squalls will shift slowly with time, this snow squall event is expected to last until Saturday morning.

Travel will become nearly impossible at times. Motorists are strongly advised to change their travel plans accordingly.

Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow. Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Lake effect snow squalls giving blizzard-like conditions this afternoon through Saturday.

Some lake effect snow is expected through the morning hours that may give a few centimetres. However, snow squalls are expected to become organized off Lake Huron this afternoon. A couple of these snow squalls are likely to intensify taking heavy snow and blowing snow well inland of Lake Huron.

Snowfall rates under the most intense bands may reach or exceed 5 centimetres per hour at times. Some areas may see snowfall amounts in excess of 40 cm by Friday morning.

Very strong northwest to west winds gusting to 70 km/h will combine with the snow to generate near zero visibility at times.

While the snow squalls will shift slowly with time, this snow squall event is expected to last until Saturday morning.

Travel will become nearly impossible at times. Motorists are strongly advised to change their travel plans accordingly.

Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow. Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult.

I take it the bears still sheite in the woods also in Canada? 

It used to snow here in winter too quite badly, now we just get lots of rain like 6 miles of it covering the washlands in East Yorkshire. Your time will come soon then you will be glad of that Kayak?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I take it the bears still sheite in the woods also in Canada? 

It used to snow here in winter too quite badly, now we just get lots of rain like 6 miles of it covering the washlands in East Yorkshire. Your time will come soon then you will be glad of that Kayak?

Just came back inside..its turned into a low blizzard now!

13 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Not quite time to get the thong, the factor 30 and the barbecue out yet? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, longboard said:

No not quite yet!...I heard the announcer from Sky say Castleford had the coldest ground in SL during the game today against Hull KR...Lamport is much colder tonight....trust me...MUCH COLDER! UPDATED WEATHER FOR HERE:

Blizzard warning in effect for:

Blizzard conditions with poor visibility in snow and blowing snow are expected or occurring.

Conditions worsening tonight into Friday.

Snow and blowing snow off of Lake Huron is giving poor travel conditions to the regions this afternoon with local near whiteout conditions..

A particularly intense snow squall is expected to develop off Lake Huron this evening and become nearly stationary late this evening in a line from roughly Saugeen Shores to Durham. Dangerous widespread whiteout conditions are forecast. Local snowfall totals in excess of 50 cm are also expected.

The squall is expected to begin to shift southward and weaken somewhat Friday afternoon.

Protect yourself from wind, cold and disorientation by staying sheltered, indoors or with your vehicle. If you become stranded in a vehicle do not leave. The vehicle offers a form of protection from the cold. A single person walking through the snow is harder to find than a stranded car or truck. For information on emergency plans and kits go to http://www.getprepared.gc.ca.

8 hours ago, longboard said:

I need to learn what the factor levels mean. I remember being in Monaco last year and I had some factor 50 on and it never sunk in, it just mixed with the sweat and ran down my face and into my eyes, stung so bad! 

I remember seeing a guy in an NRL shirt as well, can't remember what team it was, couldn't see very well through the film of suncream on my eyes. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

12 hours ago, Kayakman said:

No not quite yet!...I heard the announcer from Sky say Castleford had the coldest ground in SL during the game today against Hull KR...Lamport is much colder tonight....trust me...MUCH COLDER! UPDATED WEATHER FOR HERE:

You probably heard him say Hull KR, not Castleford has the coldest ground in SL.

Lamport’s not in the running, everyone on here knows it’s not a RL ground in February ?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Moose said:

You probably heard him say Hull KR, not Castleford has the coldest ground in SL.

Lamport’s not in the running, everyone on here knows it’s not a RL ground in February ?

Sorry my error...heading outside now...will take about 5 minutes to get bundled up...gotta shovel...its a full blizzard on out there so should be a 'blast' literally...Old Man Winter is bellowing right now out there thats for sure, putting on the mukluks and full parka with double headgear covering and goggles along with long underwear and double thermal pants along with the Arctic mittens:

"Snow squalls and blowing snow producing blizzard conditions this morning.

Snow squalls off of Lake Huron along with blowing snow is producing poor travel conditions with widespread whiteout conditions.

Local snowfall totals in excess of 50 cm are likely.

The snow squalls are expected to weaken somewhat this afternoon.

Protect yourself from wind, cold and disorientation by staying sheltered, indoors or with your vehicle. If you become stranded in a vehicle do not leave. The vehicle offers a form of protection from the cold. A single person walking through the snow is harder to find than a stranded car or truck. For information on emergency plans and kits go to http://www.getprepared.gc.ca."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moose said:

Just got back inside Moose...."She be a blizzard bye'."