Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Given today's temperatures, aren't we due a Daily Express "Snowmageddon" front page soon?

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

The snow is absolutely piling on us here in north Leeds this morning. I love the way it seems to muffle all sounds outside.

Anyway, I'm off to the park to walk the hound and watch him jump around in the snow like a crazy puppy....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

The snow is absolutely piling on us here in north Leeds this morning. I love the way it seems to muffle all sounds outside.

Anyway, I'm off to the park to walk the hound and watch him jump around in the snow like a crazy puppy....

Think it's made my neighbour go mad (well madder) too. He's just cleared the drive and the full width of the road in front of his house piling all the snow onto the footpaths. They are now completely impassable without ropes and an ice axe... 

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

2 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

That would be what we would call a 'light dusting' of snow over here.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Think it's made my neighbour go mad (well madder) too. He's just cleared the drive and the full width of the road in front of his house piling all the snow onto the footpaths. They are now completely impassable without ropes and an ice axe... 

Illegal over here.

3 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

It's a bit strange you should only get all this now. Down in South Cheshire and the Midlands the last of last week's snow has finally been rained away. Yesterday evening was positively balmy at 8 degrees.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Constant rain and drizzle in Warrington 🤬

Same here in London. Very grey and dull.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

3 n afe hours from Wombwell to rawmarsh..... most of it sideways.... with two kids in the car.

I now have one very very large Bruichladdich 

Slainte mhath!

3 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Chucking it down here for the 2nd day running, good job it's not a flood plain, plus, that it's not snowing.

If it was a flood plain, I expect they would have built houses on it by now!

• Haha 1

On 28/02/2020 at 15:34, Kayakman said:

Just got back inside

Glad to hear you're okay KM, it feels odd to be without TWP to follow, as well as for annoying all the right people but stay safe and well.

• Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Please PM me if I have told this story before...

I was heading back from the Outland (Yorkshire), and they closed the M62 due to heavy snow, when we (My Brother & I) were on our way back from Wakefield, various diversions put us on the A62, due to snow, and then I lost control, slid down a hill, into a valley, through a gate, into a farm. We hit a snow drift, hit a tree, and all the snow fell of the tree and covered us with snow.

We thought we were going to die of frostbite, then I remembered the first aid kit I had been building up from the hospital I was training at, just in case of an accident, nothing to do with the RL Club I was playing for in 1984, including "Space Blankets".

Me and my brother settled down for the night, knowing our Mother would be on the phone to Search & Rescue, if not her, my Dad, who worked on the North Yorks. Cave Rescue Team in the 1950's. Neither of them.

It was only when we didn't come down for breakfast that they got worried.

11am, we got a bang on the drivers window, in an accent I only understood with subtitles, he asked me "What the F*** ar thee duin thure?"

I said we crashed in the snow, "Aye", he said, and walked off, I called for help, he turned and said something about a Tractor. 

15 minutes later we were back on the main A62 to Manchester. We stopped at a cafe for sustenance, and got such a whupping for doing so when we related the story to our Mum for not phoning from the Cafe, even reverse call.

• 2 weeks later...

Barely perceptible flakes of snow here in North London - hold the front pages of all the national papers!

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Barely perceptible flakes of snow here in North London - hold the front pages of all the national papers!

Actually settling now - the back yard looks almost picturesque, which is quite an achievement.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

don't panic! don't panic!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

10 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

About 4" of snow has settled here in the village, not sure if it's near enough to London for 'horror of snow and ice' stories in the press though. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jasper said:

About 4" of snow has settled here in the village, not sure if it's near enough to London for 'horror of snow and ice' stories in the press though. 

all the same go to the nearest shop- panic buy up all the kendall mintcake - move all your furniture upstairs and demand the regional news station come round to interview you so you can blame the government 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

all the same go to the nearest shop- panic buy up all the kendall mintcake - move all your furniture upstairs and demand the regional news station come round to interview you so you can blame the government 

3 hours ago, Jasper said:

And if the Mountain rescue come round don't forget to tell them that you paid last year.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow