Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Already had first snow of the season here on the 'Swiss Riviera' - only above 1000 metres though.

It loks weird because they are still harvesting the grapes all this week, yet all the surrounding mountains are capped with snow.

Mmmmmm.. Eiswein!! :D

Swans are migrating South 3 weeks early.

I suggest you invest in jumpers.

Noticed the same here with the geese. Bulk of them have been and gone, and we're not into November yet.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

At the wife's instruction, I turned all the radiators on in the house last night. Half of them had to be turned on with pliers pulling the pin on the valve as the valves are on their way out. She also got me to shut the rest of the window vents.

Ah well, we never did get that decent second half of the summer...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Got a snow shovel at a garden centre - B&Q don't stock them. I also got a bag of rock salt. It's being so cheerful that keeps me going :ph34r:

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Got a snow shovel at a garden centre - B&Q don't stock them. I also got a bag of rock salt. It's being so cheerful that keeps me going :ph34r:

You're getting old. Have you stocked up on tins of soup and condensed milk?

You be careful with that snow shovel, now you've set an ambition to outlive me. I don't want to win just yet.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

I had to put a jumper on when I went outside.

You do not see me complaining.

You big girl.

Why didn't you just grow more chest hair, like a real man would?

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

You're getting old. Have you stocked up on tins of soup and condensed milk?

Tinned soup! We can't afford luxuries like that.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

You big girl.

Why didn't you just grow more chest hair, like a real man would?

Rather reminds me of a couple of winters ago, as I trudged through the snow to the club house at my rugby union club in Copenhagen. Despite it being a properly Danish club, a chap (whom I had not met before) at the club house started talking to me in English. I queried how he knew how I was English.

"It's snowing", he said "and you're wearing shorts."

Clever chap.

Edited by Bob8

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 3 weeks later...

On the train to Glasgow this morning. Passing through the Lake District there was a cover of snow on the high fells. But when I reached the hills of southern Scotland there was a fair dusting of the stuff as low as track side.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• 3 weeks later...

We now have snow in Hull!

(Not settling yet though, boo!)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

We now have snow in Hull!

(Not settling yet though, boo!)

Just been talking to our kid who reckoned it was a couple of inches deep in Cottingham.

I was a bit sceptical as it's just melting straight away here. Then again we're only a few hundred yards from the Humber. Makes a bit of difference to the ground temperature.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I worked in Cas for 10 years from 1981 to 1991 and never saw any significant snowfall there. I reckon the heat from Ferrybridge, Drax and Eggborough has something to do with that.

Clement Attlee.