The Blue Lagoon Rescue Fund

Vic Johnson

I would donate as well, but is there any point, because they will just wreck it again

My thoughts too Dave. It's a sad state of affairs when you cant have anything pleasing to the eye anymore for fear of it getting wrecked by brain dead no hopers! A few old railway sleepers would be the best way forward but they burn like the devil. Whatever is put in they will find a way to wreck it as their brains can't see beyond that.

I've never understood this mentality where they only seem happy when they are making somone sad by their actions. It's the only power they hold as they will never be anything in their lives except the #### they are!

If people are wanting to donate, why not donate to a security camera then when they come again they will be on camera and then action can be taken against the scumbags

If people are wanting to donate, why not donate to a security camera then when they come again they will be on camera and then action can be taken against the scumbags

BKO - I like this idea.

Gary,

Is it worth discussing this with Andy Prout? And getting a donation box on the BL bar? Also put me down for

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

A couple of Rotweilers would be my choice!

I'll see if my mate next door can get cctv equipment and fit it cheap, it's his job and a bit of side work might help him and the club out

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

IMO raising the money and man power to repair the beer garden is not a problem. The real question is will it be worth re-instating if the same #### are gonna come back and trash it again.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

IMO raising the money and man power to repair the beer garden is not a problem. The real question is will it be worth re-instating if the same #### are gonna come back and trash it again.

As soon as you choose to give in to them then they have won. Surely we are stronger than that. 'We'll fight them on the beaches' etc.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

As soon as you choose to give in to them then they have won. Surely we are stronger than that. 'We'll fight them on the beaches' etc.

Didn't say i chose to give in, i was asking the question, is it worth doing again? The fight them on the beaches bit is ok but when these #### turn up there will be no one there to fight them.

The Blue Lagoon has been broken into twice in the past. The first time it was trashed, we didn't give in then.

Didn't say i chose to give in, i was asking the question, is it worth doing again? The fight them on the beaches bit is ok but when these #### turn up there will be no one there to fight them.

The Blue Lagoon has been broken into twice in the past. The first time it was trashed, we didn't give in then.

I say we keep fighting them!! :P

Each time you have a knock back use it as a way that helps you look at ways of improving the situation.

What can we all do different this time. I.e. Different approaches to security. Also take the positives and not dwell on the negatives in life.

Every cloud has a silver lining :D

(You can derive some benefit from every bad thing that happens to you. (You can also refer to the silver lining of a particular cloud, the benefit you can derive from a particular misfortune.)

But "the word on the street" is often so very wrong. That's why the criminal justice system requires proof beyond all reasonable doubt!!

I'd like to see an effort made to re-try the garden area, but I can understand a reluctance to engage in that persuit given the seemingly uncontrolled behaviour of the local halfwit populus! It's difficult to put into any kind of words what my feelings actually are without stepping over the line of decency. Little sh1tz!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Great words Jason but you don't offer one workable solution to this problem. There is nothing negative about the question i raised, just a realistic knowledge that to continue re-building something for it just to be trashed repeatedly is throwing money down a black hole.

Phil, sorry mate but we tried that with the police before. The Blue Lagon comes pretty low in their list of priorities and the odd patrol won't deter these ####, they have no fear of the police. Fear of being caught maybe but all they will do is leg it when they arrive and come back another time.

Pimpernel, this is an interesting point, the first time we were broken into it was the grapevine that led us to the culprit. I do think that eventually the #### who did this will become known to us. But with no proof what can you do. And yes i know some will say take them for a ride and beat them to within an inch of their worthless lives, but that's illegal. Fair, but still illegal.

Oh and by the way i personally think the garden should be re-built. So when it is my names top of the list to help.

Great words Jason but you don't offer one workable solution to this problem. There is nothing negative about the question i raised, just a realistic knowledge that to continue re-building something for it just to be trashed repeatedly is throwing money down a black hole.

Phil, sorry mate but we tried that with the police before. The Blue Lagon comes pretty low in their list of priorities and the odd patrol won't deter these ####, they have no fear of the police. Fear of being caught maybe but all they will do is leg it when they arrive and come back another time.

Pimpernel, this is an interesting point, the first time we were broken into it was the grapevine that led us to the culprit. I do think that eventually the #### who did this will become known to us. But with no proof what can you do. And yes i know some will say take them for a ride and beat them to within an inch of their worthless lives, but that's illegal. Fair, but still illegal.

Oh and by the way i personally think the garden should be re-built. So when it is my names top of the list to help.

Some years ago when my kids were small I had our sledge stolen. It was a good sledge and worth a bob or two. I went to where the usual villians hang out and offered the 'big guy' a personal reward for the name of the culprit and the return of the sledge. I got both. Somebody will know who did it. Offer a free pint per home game or something on the basis that the ground is left alone. You say that nothing will work. So you go the villains den and negotiate. Protection money? Get the leader on your side and forget it. It is cheaper believe me. Giving in to the villians? No, using common sense and getting just getting the important one on your side. When he feels important he will do more for the club that it costs. Might go against the grain, a suggestion such as this but it is a solution.

Some years ago when my kids were small I had our sledge stolen. It was a good sledge and worth a bob or two. I went to where the usual villians hang out and offered the 'big guy' a personal reward for the name of the culprit and the return of the sledge. I got both. Somebody will know who did it. Offer a free pint per home game or something on the basis that the ground is left alone. You say that nothing will work. So you go the villains den and negotiate. Protection money? Get the leader on your side and forget it. It is cheaper believe me. Giving in to the villians? No, using common sense and getting just getting the important one on your side. When he feels important he will do more for the club that it costs. Might go against the grain, a suggestion such as this but it is a solution.

jamescolin, you've been watching too many Bronson films mate. :D

jamescolin, you've been watching too many Bronson films mate. :D

Talking from practical experience. You either have a perpetual patrol or you pay one of the local hooligans to protect it for you. It doesn't have to be much. In my time in the army the chief troublemaker or non conformist was the guy who got a stripe. Then you saw a change of attitude. Get one of them on your side make him feel important and see the results. If anybody has a better idea then lets hear it.

Isn't that rewarding a villian or creating a protection racket ? Like you Colin I would have hoped that civic pride would come to the fore, but in today's World where children are breeding children where parents seem to encourage lack of respect to others then only a correct punishment is merited, I'm not speaking about an ASBO or community service, but a Boot camp for offenders, if parents won't teach them then society MUST. Like you Colin a different approach, but like you I've experienced being brought up in a strict but loving family, perhaps that's what's wrong with society today, I don't know!

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Talking from practical experience. You either have a perpetual patrol or you pay one of the local hooligans to protect it for you. It doesn't have to be much. In my time in the army the chief troublemaker or non conformist was the guy who got a stripe. Then you saw a change of attitude. Get one of them on your side make him feel important and see the results. If anybody has a better idea then lets hear it.

That's called a protection racket. We aren't running the Sopranos HQ jamescolin. I know it's the only suggestion we've had so far but it's straight out of the Jack Higgins school of thought. :blush:

That's called a protection racket. We aren't running the Sopranos HQ jamescolin. I know it's the only suggestion we've had so far but it's straight out of the Jack Higgins school of thought. :blush:

Society is ###### these days. A bloke who defended his house, is reported in today's paper, he and his family tackled burgulars that beat and tied them up before one escaped and raised the alarm. They gave the burgulars a good hiding and are now doing 6 months in prison while the criminals are still free. I know what I said could be regarded as a protection racket. But if he became one of us? Not Jack Higgins DMS logical thinking. Honestly not fiction folks. You have to have a solution. Keep building up and having it knocked down, good money after bad. I know it is distasteful I am not saying it is ideal. Just a way I have seen and used in the past. It only cost me five bob and I had no more trouble. Ok you may say rubbish and fiction but answers were asked for and I am presenting one. Bad times call for bad solutions.

Isn't that rewarding a villian or creating a protection racket ? Like you Colin I would have hoped that civic pride would come to the fore, but in today's World where children are breeding children where parents seem to encourage lack of respect to others then only a correct punishment is merited, I'm not speaking about an ASBO or community service, but a Boot camp for offenders, if parents won't teach them then society MUST. Like you Colin a different approach, but like you I've experienced being brought up in a strict but loving family, perhaps that's what's wrong with society today, I don't know!

Agreed Bob, but you have to catch them first and then there is no Boot Camp to send them to. Solutions were asked for and though I am not in favour of this sort of method it does work. You only need one of them on your side who has some authority. You dont have to like it. But it has a dual effect. You will know who the baddies are and where to go to stop it. If anybody has a better idea, not theoretical, then lets hear it. It has been said the police have better things to do, a perpetual patrol is out of the question, alarm systems cost money and may not deter, we build the premises up to have them vandalised again- Jack Higgins and Sopranos? No a practical solution. I do sing a bit but I was brought up in Featherstone Square. I am not a softie. Get one of them on our side and your troubles are over.

Agreed Bob, but you have to catch them first and then there is no Boot Camp to send them to. Solutions were asked for and though I am not in favour of this sort of method it does work. You only need one of them on your side who has some authority. You dont have to like it. But it has a dual effect. You will know who the baddies are and where to go to stop it. If anybody has a better idea, not theoretical, then lets hear it. It has been said the police have better things to do, a perpetual patrol is out of the question, alarm systems cost money and may not deter, we build the premises up to have them vandalised again- Jack Higgins and Sopranos? No a practical solution. I do sing a bit but I was brought up in Featherstone Square. I am not a softie. Get one of them on our side and your troubles are over.

Final word from me on this. It isn't really a protection racket. You find the bloke and give a a bob or two for the thing to stop. You then encourage him to come over to your side. If he doesn't and comes back for more you refuse. If he says that things will return to what they were you tell him that if they do then the police will be visiting him as you have the evidence of his past misdemeanors (i.e. taking a bribe) and he therefore is a prime suspect. I have put this forward as a solution take it or leave it as you wish. Good Luck.