Wakefield's new stadium is announced...

gazza77

Or according to Rodney Walker we are.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/ne..._Wakefield.html

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

"We're in discussions with Featherstone and we would be delighted if they choose to play some of their bigger fixtures at the new stadium."

didnt realise we were struggling to fit everyone in, in our 'bigger fixtures'......an if anyone who's been in discussions from fev are reading this.......'IF IT AINT AT FEV I AINT INTERESTED'

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

"We're in discussions with Featherstone and we would be delighted if they choose to play some of their bigger fixtures at the new stadium.""

Why would we want to do that?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Walker claims in the article that they are in discussions with FEV about ground sharing or us playing our "bigger games" at their proposed new ground. This should be a very short discussion, our BOD need to tell him to sling his hook.

I can honestly say if we move to ground share with either Waky or Cas then i'm finished with RL for good.

FEV would die within 5 years and it's merger by stealth.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

As far as i'm concerned even if we relocate the ground,even 100yds it will never

be the same,so we might as well ground share.

In fact all 3 local clubs should investigate the possibilities of 1 ground being built for

the use of all.Altough i would suggest Cas are too far down the line for them to consider

that proposal now.

Radical that may seem,we'd get over it.

Walker claims in the article that they are in discussions with FEV about ground sharing or us playing our "bigger games" at their proposed new ground. This should be a very short discussion, our BOD need to tell him to sling his hook.

I can honestly say if we move to ground share with either Waky or Cas then i'm finished with RL for good.

FEV would die within 5 years and it's merger by stealth.

Same here mate, hard as it would be

PS. This fellow has soon appeared back on the scene hasn't he ?, wonder why the WPSBC got rid of him ? oh i remember, he did nowt at all for the future of their game did he ?

Edited by lorne mosley.

Same here mate, hard as it would be

PS. This fellow has soon appeared back on the scene hasn't he ?, wonder why the WPSBC got rid of him ? oh i remember, he did nowt at all for the future of their game did he ?

Oh the things we know about that man.

As far as i'm concerned even if we relocate the ground,even 100yds it will never

be the same,so we might as well ground share.

In fact all 3 local clubs should investigate the possibilities of 1 ground being built for

the use of all.Altough i would suggest Cas are too far down the line for them to consider

that proposal now.

Radical that may seem,we'd get over it.

Yoiu don't half talk some ######.

I dont know if they are in talks or RODNEY has approached Featherstone Rovers but what is happening with our own plans have they gone now. It will be interesting what the response is from our club on this and our proposed plans

I dont know if they are in talks or RODNEY has approached Featherstone Rovers but what is happening with our own plans have they gone now. It will be interesting what the response is from our club on this and our proposed plans

The stadium plans have been developing for around a year now and I agree would be interesting to see where we are.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Even as a young lad it was easier for me to travel to Wakefield than Featherstone, but I didn't I would take a bus from Hemsworth to the Travellers which took 40 minutes then , and walk via the path opposite the Junction to the ground. As I became older I would ride my bike leaving it in the back yard of someone living near the ground. When I lived in Coventry I would travel up when I was free to watch the games, even now when it's difficult for me to get about, I still only missed two away games last season ( Workington and Tolouse) I am very, very sure that I am not going to travel to a former pit heap near Rothwell to help swell the coffers of those who think they are better. Luckily it says they are " Hoping" to attract us, no doubt pressure being brought upon us by the district council, well here's my answer.

THE RFL COULDN'T MAKE US MERGE, WE FOLLOWED OUR TEAM AND TOOK ALL THAT CAME OUR WAY, WE ARE NOW GETTING OUT OF THAT DEPRESSION AND GO FORWARD WITH DIGNITY AND EXPECTATION. GROUND SHARE ? IF THEY WANT TO GROUND SHARE, THEY CAN COME TO FEATHERSTONE !!!! but only for their "big" games

Edited by Bob Fowler

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Of course they would like us to share! We hear reports that Hull FC are struggling to pay the rent for the KC stadium, even with their big crowds, so how are Wakey going to manage? The rent on a multi-million pound stadium should be huge to a sole tennant, unless they get a subsidy from the council, but why should Featherstone ratepayers pay for this? The rent should be fair and appropriate to the cost of the stadium otherwise the council would be showing favouritism.

With a relocation to Stanley their crowds would need to increase, but they are more likely to dip! I foresee that if they get their new stadium it won't be long before they get the begging bowl out to ask the council to prop them up. If Fev shared with them it would only help save Wakey to our own detriment.

Edited by Steve Slater

may i respectfully request thatl sir Rodney address all ground sharing enquiries to the following newly formed group. the Fundamentally Unofficial Committee of Knights of the Order Featherstone Faithful. i am sure an answer will be forthcoming.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Even as a young lad it was easier for me to travel to Wakefield than Featherstone, but I didn't I would take a bus from Hemsworth to the Travellers which took 40 minutes then , and walk via the path opposite the Junction to the ground. As I became older I would ride my bike leaving it in the back yard of someone living near the ground. When I lived in Coventry I would travel up when I was free to watch the games, even now when it's difficult for me to get about, I still only missed two away games last season ( Workington and Tolouse) I am very, very sure that I am not going to travel to a former pit heap near Rothwell to help swell the coffers of those who think they are better. Luckily it says they are " Hoping" to attract us, no doubt pressure being brought upon us by the district council, well here's my answer.

THE RFL COULDN'T MAKE US MERGE, WE FOLLOWED OUR TEAM AND TOOK ALL THAT CAME OUR WAY, WE ARE NOW GETTING OUT OF THAT DEPRESSION AND GO FORWARD WITH DIGNITY AND EXPECTATION. GROUND SHARE ? IF THEY WANT TO GROUND SHARE, THEY CAN COME TO FEATHERSTONE !!!! but only for their "big" games

Same here Bob. I was born in Fev. The job took me to Bramley and I lived there. I used to travel for every home game and most of away. I had a BSA bantam 125cc. Headingley was 5 minutes away on a 44 bus. I only went when Rovers were playing there. One of my lasting memories was Steve Evans tearing them to bits at Headingley from stand off. Atkinson and Smioth their wingers were playing and never got near him. I also will only go to PO Road, or the near vicinity. We may move the pitch a bit to fit our plans in but same club same set up. There has been too much hard work to throw it all away now.

My address is Sharlston near Wakefield but as a fourteen year old I chose to follow Fev. The under dog with a great cup fighting spirit. Every time I go to Fev I can smell Rugby League and I breathe it into my lungs. The day we uproot to another town will be the last time I would watch Rovers. Within time IT would be the death knell of the club as its present identity would soon evaporate. ITS MERGERS BY ANOTHER NAME

"We're in discussions with Featherstone and we would be delighted if they choose to play some of their bigger fixtures at the new stadium."

didnt realise we were struggling to fit everyone in, in our 'bigger fixtures'......an if anyone who's been in discussions from fev are reading this.......'IF IT AINT AT FEV I AINT INTERESTED'

Other than all the other issues regarding relocation out of Fev, that's the one issue I really don't understand. Unless he knows something we don't about a sudden huge crowd spurt, what bigger fixtures is he thinking we can't manage at the CMS?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Of course they would like us to share! We hear reports that Hull FC are struggling to pay the rent for the KC stadium, even with their big crowds, so how are Wakey going to manage? The rent on a multi-million pound stadium should be huge to a sole tennant, unless they get a subsidy from the council, but why should Featherstone ratepayers pay for this? The rent should be fair and appropriate to the cost of the stadium otherwise the council would be showing favouritism.

With a relocation to Stanley their crowds would need to increase, but they are more likely to dip! I foresee that if they get their new stadium it won't be long before they get the begging bowl out to ask the council to prop them up. If Fev shared with them it would only help save Wakey to our own detriment.

In full agreement, Steve. If they want their state of the art venue coupled with the running costs, dont be asking us to subsidise them. There is always that team down the road who may be interested but I cannot see that being a popular option.

In full agreement, Steve. If they want their state of the art venue coupled with the running costs, dont be asking us to subsidise them. There is always that team down the road who may be interested but I cannot see that being a popular option. Could it be that this is the only way forward for the Council and the financial backers?.

Yes, it would be interesting.

Been to two meetings in the last couple of years at Rovers. The first was about a new bar at the top of the steps where the away fans normally stand..........have heard naff all since.

Haven't heard much else from the meeting a year ago about ground plans either?

I certainly won't be going to Wakefield to watch Fev, so sorry Rodney but your offer is not appreciated, nor required.

Last I heard when I enquired a few days ago, our plans are still in progress but the council are dragging their heels until after the elections.

Think Wakey have got a cheek, compromise our shirt supplies and now want us to fund their move to a new stadium.

The weak conform, the strong survive.