So then....

K.Loxton

1. Barrow

2. FEV

3. Halifax

4. Widnes

This prediction is supposing that our home form is better than last season and we pick up bonus points when we have to.

A successful season for me is the above position and at least one final.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Forever the optimist :rolleyes:

Improvement by one place on last season so its not being negative. Highest we could finish is 3rd i think, theres no way we'll compete with Barrow and Halifax squads over a season. 3rd would be a great achievement and then more epic playoff matches.

The realist within me thinks that we will probably finish fourth this season behind (probably) Barrow, Fax and Widnes, but I cant shake the nagging doubt that perhaps we will replicate last season's position. We look three players short of a truly top club in my mind, and I feel that we lack an old head in a key ballplaying/organisational position who we can turn to when we need go-forward and shape.

The key for me is the consistent selection of positions six, seven, nine and 13. I feel we need to choose these players early doors and build our attacking play around this structure. (If the structure is sound, then even injuries wont matter for the replacing player can simply slot in). My hope for the friendlies is that we assign these four key positions to the players who will be playing them throughout the season. Rotation of these positions always leads to organisational turmoil. Select the guys, stick with them, and allow the consistency to develop.

With a settled attacking structure I don't think the third-place is out of our reach.

Edited by George Zip

well do i need to waste my time commenting on your third helping of utter ###### ?? no i dont so i wont....

is there any need for the abuse and/or aggressive tone??

You may not agree with the post. I certainly don't agree with his post but it's his opinion, posted in a responsible manner!

Argue against it by all means, but why the aggression? It's a "fun" topic on an internet forum for heavens sake not a meeting to ratify the lisbon treaty!

Dear me, lighten up owd cock!

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

This quote is a real beauty and shows your complete lack of knowledge.

Firstly you would not be suprised if there were only 10 points difference from top to bottom ? That would be some feat for keighley to finish 10 points behind the top team - Will never happen in a million years mate.

Secondly, Batley to finish bottom....get real mate, there is no way on this planet will batley be in the bottom three. If you look at the last 12 games of last season, Batley actually won more points than anyone else in those last 12 games. They have made three key signings and have 2 quality players to come in from Giants on loan. on this basis where do you come up with finishing bottom ? Jog on.......

Thirdly...sheffield finishing next to bottom ? well do i need to waste my time commenting on your third helping of utter ###### ?? no i dont so i wont....

It's his opinion, why be so annoyed? I actually enjoy it when Batley are annually predicted to be relegated, as I like it when we over turn the odds.

He did not ask for your comment, he was following the thread title, so lighten up, relax and enjoy the season ahead!!

Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

Firstly you would not be suprised if there were only 10 points difference from top to bottom ? That would be some feat for keighley to finish 10 points behind the top team - Will never happen in a million years mate.

Secondly, Batley to finish bottom....get real mate, there is no way on this planet will batley be in the bottom three. If you look at the last 12 games of last season, Batley actually won more points than anyone else in those last 12 games. They have made three key signings and have 2 quality players to come in from Giants on loan. on this basis where do you come up with finishing bottom ? Jog on.......

Thirdly...sheffield finishing next to bottom ? well do i need to waste my time commenting on your third helping of utter ###### ?? no i dont so i wont....

I agree with batley wont finish bottom, like you said played well in last 3rd of season but that was last season, every other team has recruited ( well most anyway) i think it will be a tight good season, keighley will be more than likely bottom. But sheffield? maybe not 2nd bottom but i dont think they will be in playoffs come end of it.

Anyway heres to a great season ahead :D

voohli.jpg

Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us.

• 7 months later...

May have got most of the positions wrong, but knew all along who would finish top :D:D

Complete lack of knowledge my @rse :P