today then

Robin  Evans

Bit disappointed it wasnt a stronger Hull KR team, not as many 'stars' as expected but it was a game that Fev deserved to win. Defence superb, Mozzer and Dickens looked awesome for their first hitout, Liam Welham looks a gem at 4

Worrying news is Tonks and JJN went off injured so lets hope its not too bad

Edited by elppaxr2i

a good workout for the lads....looked impressive...inparticular Morrison an Hardman......going by the robins following, they must have known the team they were sending.

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

i was impressed with both workrate and fitness. we competed well from first to last.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Morrison was the stand out player. Dickens off load for Divorty try was out of this world as was Kains to Hardman when Kain seemed wrapped up on the sixth taclkle. Spears tried hard and all in all a solid performance by all the team. Hope Tonks and Jessie Joe are O K after being injured.

great performance by you guys today. had a bit of a mare with my laptop and lost some info. was it divorty who got your second to last try after kain had ducked under a load of tackles? and then kain got your last one didn't he? any help much appreciated, cheers!

great performance by you guys today. had a bit of a mare with my laptop and lost some info. was it divorty who got your second to last try after kain had ducked under a load of tackles? and then kain got your last one didn't he? any help much appreciated, cheers!

yes it was divorty but it was hardman who scored last try

cracking defense this aft but it did strike me how potent we looked near their line. Options either side and much more creation than i've been used to for a while.

Very encouraging!

Proper stuff starts sunday then! Full monty breakfast down the lane with the bretheren. Nut bus, a couple of pints and watching fev! Sundays don't get much better!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

An outstanding display by a rovers side who has had few friendlies to get into the swing of things. We looked sharp, and alert, and some training ground moves led to some excellent tries well done all round. Well done Morrison impressed me with his handling and determination as did steele and hardman. Dickens was immense, the only fault i can find at this stage in the season is our field kicking was a bit poor.

UP THE ROVERS!

Bearing in mind the lack of game time and the good quality of the opposition, I thought that was a good, solid all round performance.

There were definite positives in many areas, including :

- Morrison's running & workrate

- Hardman, great defence & support play

- Saxton & Steel driving the ball in.

- Stu' was his usual self [ Do I remember someone last year actually saying his best days were gone?] great passes out of the tackle.

- Welham, looks a good player

Thanks guys, good effort from all concerned, looking forward to a really positive and consistent season

Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Ref: S8185

Mobile 07738 528178

very professional display with few errors throughout. Only one thing needs practice which could cost us if it happens in the league is the high kicks! oops. Very impressed with all of them I thought the handling much improved.

Seem to have a new attitude in defence don't we. Very well done lads.

We have a pack that run like backs. Watch out Championship!!!!

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

That is amazing. Sorry to be a pain but when anyone gets chance could you post the stats and teams as I am absolutely buzzing after that news. Cant wait for next weekend

Rovers; Hardman, Steel, Smeaton, Wellham, Saxton, Briggs, Kain, Morrison, Lee, Dickens, Grayshon, Dale, Field subs; Tonks, Allan,Marabe, Nandye (went off with foot injury) Divorty, Manning, Spears, Dobek.

KR; J Latus, S Latus, Ratu, Mariano, Colbon, Webster, Spaven, Beaumont, Hodgson, Wheeldon, Taylor, Cook, I'anson

subs: Fisher,Morrell, Cooke (P), Mills, Netherton, Watts.

Rovers; Hardman, Steel, Smeaton, Wellham, Saxton, Briggs, Kain, Morrison, Lee, Dickens, Grayshon, Dale, Field subs; Tonks, Allan,Marabe, Nandye (went off with foot injury) Divorty, Manning, Spears, Dobek.

KR; J Latus, S Latus, Ratu, Mariano, Colbon, Webster, Spaven, Beaumont, Hodgson, Wheeldon, Taylor, Cook, I'anson

subs: Fisher,Morrell, Cooke (P), Mills, Netherton, Watts.

ok they were'nt at full strengh but i reckon ratu,colbon,webster,wheeldon,cook m,i.anson,fisher,morrell,cooke p,mills,neteherton and watts will all figure in their first 17 at various stages of the season.....so cedit where its due and a cracking performance by Rovers B) .....i can smell that Blackpool air already.... :D:D

Definetly specail praise for Stu, last season his off load game seemed to have left him but the passes he slipped out in the tackle today were vintage Dickens stuff. The one that Divorty scored off was a real stormer on both their parts, it's long time since I have seen two Fev props link up like that, their full back had no chance the speed that Divorty was going :P:P:P

Definetly specail praise for Stu, last season his off load game seemed to have left him but the passes he slipped out in the tackle today were vintage Dickens stuff. The one that Divorty scored off was a real stormer on both their parts, it's long time since I have seen two Fev props link up like that, their full back had no chance the speed that Divorty was going :P:P:P
Yeah superb. As a side note did anyone notice forward passes only counted when we did one which was negligable in the first half after a brilliant move. O k well someone has to have a go at the ref it may as well be me again

Yeah superb. As a side note did anyone notice forward passes only counted when we did one which was negligable in the first half after a brilliant move. O k well someone has to have a go at the ref it may as well be me again

Me and half the family stand fully agree :dry:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Their fullback k..rapped himself when he saw Divorty coming like a steam train.....Under strength all there players are fulltime ....thats not under strength ...well done boy's lets kick on from here :D

"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

GARYS.gif

Posatives

Running at angles

Running onto ball at pace

Backing up

Tackling round legs

Better kicking selection on last tackle in the second half than whole of last season

Negatives

although hardman played well and run the ball out still missed two one on one tackles on of which resulted in a try.

Kick off NO VARIATION!!!!!! Should take a leaf out of dobek in reserves he employs at least half dozen different kicks

when are we going to attempt 40 20?