CONFIRMATION OF FIXTURE CHANGES- Update 12th Feb

Eagleraider

Please can you note the following fixture changes.

REARRANGED v Halifax - Wednesday 17th February 7.30pm Kick off @ DVS

Monday 5th April Sheffield Eagles Vs Barrow at Barrow 3pm

Sunday 27th June Sheffield Eagles Vs Barrow at DVS 3pm

Saturday 15th May Eagles Vs Toulouse @ Bramall Lane 3pm

So the Barrow fixture has been reversed and the kick off time for the Toulouse game is now confirmed at 3pm.

Brendon Lindsay

General Manager

Edited by Eagleraider

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

• 2 weeks later...

Please ensure that you keep up to date with all the fixtures changes, confirmations when they have been agreed by ALL parties concerned by clicking HERE

This also applies to the Sheffield Eagles Reserve Grade Fixtures for 2010

Thank you on behalf of Sheffield Eagles RLFC

Please can you note the following fixture changes.

REARRANGED v Halifax - Wednesday 17th February 7.30pm Kick off @ DVS

Monday 5th April Sheffield Eagles Vs Barrow at Barrow 3pm

Sunday 27th June Sheffield Eagles Vs Barrow at DVS 3pm

Saturday 15th May Eagles Vs Toulouse @ Bramall Lane 3pm

So the Barrow fixture has been reversed and the kick off time for the Toulouse game is now confirmed at 3pm.

Brendon Lindsay

General Manager

I if recall correctly Barrow Rugby and Barrow football use the same stewards and as Barrow football are at home on this date this fixture might change again :O

I will check this out this morning and have a word with John Spoor but as it is Easter Monday there is very little chance of a move .... ever thought that the soccer match could be changed instead....?

The thing is that this fixture has been confirmed by everyone (RFL included).... we will see...

The fixture time AND venue is back in the frying pan..... the blue square,circle, trapezium, polygon division xyz, bluebirds (I think that is their name) just cannot change their kick off time on Easter Monday, because they are a soccer team, so the very up to date latest at 1.30pm today from an official at Raiders is....

Eagles have been asked by Raiders Chief Exec to kick off at 6.30 pm on Easter Monday, Eagles have said no, Raiders do not want to change the venue back to Sheffield, which was a suggestion made to them, to be played possibly at DVS and have suggested to Sheffield that the game kicks off at 1 pm on Easter Monday instead of 3.... just to accommadate the b***** soccer......

So now you have it ..... clear as mud and twice as deep :huh::huh: ........

More to come in this saga .....

ps ... if it is played in Sheffield ... then the fixture in June becomes .................... !!

Nigel

Barrow are scheduled to play Chester City on that day so I wouldn't worry about it, they'll be out of business within a week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...onf/8493550.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ter/8509016.stm

Sorry state of affairs, glad I managed to get to Chester's ground a couple of seasons ago, cos it doesn't look like they'll be back in the football league any time soon!

Early start to get up to Barrow if it's a 1pm kick off! Never mind.

card.png

Sorry state of affairs, glad I managed to get to Chester's ground a couple of seasons ago, cos it doesn't look like they'll be back in the football league any time soon!

Early start to get up to Barrow if it's a 1pm kick off! Never mind.

Meadowhall to Craven Park by motorway (M1/M62/M60/M61/M6/A590 = 155 miles and 2hours 30 min)

Sheffield (Jordanthorpe Area) to Craven Park via A629 (Penistone, Huddersfield, Halifax, Keighley, Skipton) on to A65 Clapham, Kirby Lonsdale to cross M6 onto A590 = 131 miles and 3hours and a few minutes

If you go via the Snake or Woodhead often traffic holdups in Hollingwood approaching the M57 are a major problem.

Sheffield to Barrow via Stoney Middleton to Stockport and then motorway 145 miles and around 3hrs 30 min

Meadowhall to Craven Park by motorway (M1/M62/M60/M61/M6/A590 = 155 miles and 2hours 30 min)

Sheffield (Jordanthorpe Area) to Craven Park via A629 (Penistone, Huddersfield, Halifax, Keighley, Skipton) on to A65 Clapham, Kirby Lonsdale to cross M6 onto A590 = 131 miles and 3hours and a few minutes

If you go via the Snake or Woodhead often traffic holdups in Hollingwood approaching the M57 are a major problem.

Sheffield to Barrow via Stoney Middleton to Stockport and then motorway 145 miles and around 3hrs 30 min

Like I said, early start.

card.png