John Flynn

Sportbilly

Sad to announce the loss of Mr John Flynn.....a dear 'knottla' friend of mine who in recent years worked the one of the main turnstiles. Fev through an through. I would expect the club rightly will be having a minutes silence in johns memory on sunday. RIP John

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

Sad to announce the loss of Mr John Flynn.....a dear 'knottla' friend of mine who in recent years worked the one of the main turnstiles. Fev through an through. I would expect the club rightly will be having a minutes silence in johns memory on sunday. RIP John

You would have to check with the club, but I think you will find that a one minute silence has to be approved by the RFL

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

very sorry to hear this. i worked with John many years ago for McAlpine when they were building drax power station. i also believe he was one of the founders of knottingley rockware, along with Reg Rowbottom. as you saysportbilly, a rovers stalwart. condolences to johns family.

Edited by oldrover

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

very sorry to hear this. i worked with John many years ago for McAlpine when they were building drax power station. i also believe he was one of the founders of knottingley rockware, along with Reg Rowbottom. as you saysportbilly, a rovers stalwart. condolences to johns family.

Had many a jocular quip with him. Sad to hear of his passing. RIP

Very sad im a good mate of his son David, always made me smile did John, especially the way he wouldnt let anyone get past him on that turnstile with a freebie unless he gave them the 3rd degree. He also used to frighten my niece to death quizing her about her age as she went in the junior entrance. Rovers lost a great fan there

Very sad to hear this. There was no truer fan of Rovers than John Flynn. When I worked at the club running the Cashline John couldn't do enough to help, collecting from agents, manning turnstiles and the door in the clubhouse for organised events, infact he'd do absolutely anything he could to help the Rovers cause. Nothing was too much trouble for John, he was a real gentleman and he'll be missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him.

Heartfelt condolences to his family. RIP John.

Terry, Denise & Lauren.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

Sad to here of the passing of John known him for a lot of years,a very nice guy as sport billy says fev through and through .Been told that as a mark of respect Johns turnstyle will not be open on sunday.rest in peace John you should get a good view of the Rovers games from now on...

Condolences to the family

Gary and Julie Sherburn

"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

GARYS.gif

So sad to hear about John he was inspirational to me becoming a volunteer and always gave good sound advice. RIP John and condolences to his family.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.