Atmosphere

johnh

Whoever decided that "upping the atmosphere" was just a matter of doubling the noise at the ground is seriously mistaken!

I have just come back from the ground with my eardrums singing from the volume we had to endure before, during and after the match. At half time it was impossible to talk to the bloke sitting next to me because of the racket.

Please, please get it sorted, I know I am over a certain age and you can call me a moaning git, but the enjoyment of myself and those sitting near me was ruined by the screeching coming from the loudspeakers. When the ground was renamed they didn't tell us that Bigfellas would be bringing their sound system with them.

Matt - send us some players from Tonga

Whoever decided that "upping the atmosphere" was just a matter of doubling the noise at the ground is seriously mistaken!

I have just come back from the ground with my eardrums singing from the volume we had to endure before, during and after the match. At half time it was impossible to talk to the bloke sitting next to me because of the racket.

Please, please get it sorted, I know I am over a certain age and you can call me a moaning git, but the enjoyment of myself and those sitting near me was ruined by the screeching coming from the loudspeakers. When the ground was renamed they didn't tell us that Bigfellas would be bringing their sound system with them.

I thought the loudspeaker was a big improvement on last season. we could actually hear the names of the players, and the golden gamble number!

UP THE ROVERS!

Unbelivable comment that is, the crowd and atmosphere were shocking and your saying it was too much. When Leeds played Tottenham the other night the atmosphere was electric one big din all night the ground was alive thats what players and most fans want NOISE and plenty of it. Anyway you may just get your wish soon because if i was one of the directors that had put money and effort into the club by bringing in players like Morrison and Grayson who wont of come cheap and then for less than 1200 to turn up at the 1st game i would seriously consider if there was any point.

Didnt find it that loud to be fair, id rather be able to hear them announce team rather than guess like last season, never known anyone ever moan about a club trying to use a loudspeaker as something to get crowd going, what next shall we not bring a drum and only utter a polite round of appaulse when we score?

voohli.jpg

Unbelivable comment that is, the crowd and atmosphere were shocking and your saying it was too much. When Leeds played Tottenham the other night the atmosphere was electric one big din all night the ground was alive thats what players and most fans want NOISE and plenty of it. Anyway you may just get your wish soon because if i was one of the directors that had put money and effort into the club by bringing in players like Morrison and Grayson who wont of come cheap and then for less than 1200 to turn up at the 1st game i would seriously consider if there was any point.

And some folk think we should be in Super League! The Sheffield attempt at following their team away from home was once again abysmal but we should be attracting more than 1200! It's a sad state of affairs when fans wont travel 20 miles to see their team play away! We take hundreds to Sheffield and i recon they managed 10 at the most!

I hope this isnt going to be a taste of thing to come with the quality of refereeing in this division, im just getting sick of the constant whistle blowing against us already and ive only seen 2 games. Im ok if it's the same for both teams but there was definately a discrepecy today with who got away with what!!

we actually heard the golden gamble without having to guess whats been said for the first time in many a season......its just a shame I was 7000 off..........or was it 70?.....oh well, I thought I heard it right...after all 4 an a half grand isnt bad for a crowd of over 12000...theres nowt wrong with my hearing I tell ya :wacko:

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

Exactly my point, though you seem to have missed it. How does turning the volume up to uncomfortable levels improve the atmosphere and attract bigger crowds? Sure we want noise, but noise generated by having a large crowd in the ground. This ain't the way to achieve it in my view. If we followed your argument we'd just record the noise from Leeds v Tottenham and play it over the loudspeakers.

I too was disappointed with the 1200 attendance but I fear that may have something to do with the status and marketing of the NR cup as a competition.

Exactly my point, though you seem to have missed it. How does turning the volume up to uncomfortable levels improve the atmosphere and attract bigger crowds? Sure we want noise, but noise generated by having a large crowd in the ground. This ain't the way to achieve it in my view. If we followed your argument we'd just record the noise from Leeds v Tottenham and play it over the loudspeakers.

I too was disappointed with the 1200 attendance but I fear that may have something to do with the status and marketing of the NR cup as a competition.

We wil have to agree to disagree regards noise level, as for rail cup it wasnt marketed very well last season but we managed nearly 1500 against Dewsbury and there following was as bad as Sheffields today. That makes us 300 down that is a lot of money if it carries on throughout the season

We wil have to agree to disagree regards noise level, as for rail cup it wasnt marketed very well last season but we managed nearly 1500 against Dewsbury and there following was as bad as Sheffields today. That makes us 300 down that is a lot of money if it carries on throughout the season

Yes we'll disagree! Though it might just be that we were sat in a bad spot!

As for the attendance, I wish I knew the answer. However slim our chances might be of making it into SL, it's just not going to happen unless we can get the crowds through the gate. After last season's close encounters, I thought this would be a tasty tie today, but it just didn't seem to excite the public.

do you lot really believe there were less than 1200 there today??????cmon people..the terraces today were fuller than some of the league games last seaon...1650ish today i reckon........

For the life of me i dont see why Rovers would call a crowd figure less than it was on a league game where the gate is not split, a cup game certainly.

do you lot really believe there were less than 1200 there today??????cmon people..the terraces today were fuller than some of the league games last seaon...1650ish today i reckon........

Sorry but i must not have been able to see the extra 400, must go to specsavers :lol:

Im Fev and im proud

My quick 2p's worth......

To be honest there is nothing as queer as folk!! noise is too loud for one person yet great for another, one persons view of the RFL's approach to marketing differs to that of anothers.

This is just human nature which is great..... Mick, to be honest I thought Ronnie had a great game :rolleyes:

Ackworth Jaguars a team to rival the rovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.carbonzerosolutions.com