He's a joke

sidnee

I am not into public ref bashing, but the man today was a joke. I can accept a few mistakes if its the same for both sides, but today his biased consistency was there for all to see.

From offsides to forward passes, he pulled 1 side and never noticed the other. How can he be allowed to constantly get away with it is beyond me, he obviously is not up to the job and was not helped by the 2 flag carriers either.

Feel free to shoot me down and defend him, this is just my opinion, but its how I saw it.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

I wont defend him. but we should have finished them off ourselves. Seagulls fan in front of us thought that he was on our side!!!!!!

I am not into public ref bashing, but the man today was a joke. I can accept a few mistakes if its the same for both sides, but today his biased consistency was there for all to see.

From offsides to forward passes, he pulled 1 side and never noticed the other. How can he be allowed to constantly get away with it is beyond me, he obviously is not up to the job and was not helped by the 2 flag carriers either.

Feel free to shoot me down and defend him, this is just my opinion, but its how I saw it.

I agree Sidnee but I dont think he lost us the match. He was poor, and inconsistent for both teams but i do think they got a bit lucky with some of the decisions he made. they were consistently offside too. We tried too hard in places, forcing forward passes ect we failed to win that match when we looked in a different league to them for most of it.

I was really surprised at how few sheffield fans turned up! Dewsbury and Batley bring about twice as many as that if not 3 times!

MOM

1 Kain - flawless match for me tackled his socks off and kicking had really improved

2 saxton caused no end of woes for them

3 morrison - good hands, good angles, lots of effort

UP THE ROVERS!

our discipline today wasn't acceptable. Everyone knows what ronny is like, so why did we keep giving him the opportunity to penalise us?

Sidnee, i didn't see bias. He was similar both ways. Penalties eventually hurt us. They always do.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Mr Laughton ought to take another sport up, maybe badminton would suit him, but he wasnt the reason we didnt win. Silly mistakes like not playing the ball right is shocking for a pro team but it was the 1st game and Sheffield are a very good team we will get better. I was bothered about the shocking attendance Rovers made a bit of a breakthrough last season averaging 1800 and i know the club were looking for 2k average this season, but after today it looks like the club are back to square 1

Edited by LOWFIELD

Thought we looked good in patches, first 10/15 minutes of each half we looked like we'd run away with it but let them get back in to it. Welham looks a good find, someone that can find the line and actually pass to his winger. Good yards from Saxton and Tonks especially in the second half today. I can't for the life of me figure out how Andy Kain missed the drop goal with so little pressure on him, also think that goal kicking may cost us in close games.

I've come away from the game feeling like a defeat......i'm not gonna get bogged down with dear old ronny...we know what to expect....but i'm afraid a lack of killer instinct 'lost' us the game for me.....more than enough opportunities to put them away....dont forget regardless of the penalties ronny actually give one of the eagles 10 mins........I thought Tonka played with a passion when given the opportunity......also a question has to be asked about the whereabouts of the PNG lads?

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

..also a question has to be asked about the whereabouts of the PNG lads?

They were at the game.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Just to clarify, I am not blaming him for us not winning, we had our chances, but it must of been frustrating for the lads with the constant stop/start of the game.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Poor decision making by officials and rovers players.No shock to anyone how Sheff play but to be fair they dominated the tackle on nearly every occassion slowing the play of the ball down !!!!

Two clean breaks with players backing up and going it alone is poor at best !!!! Still not sure about a couple of players hope Coady arrives at Fev soon as we look weak in left centre position with Larry and Smeaton. Also thought Briggs had a shocker !!!

Good points work rate of Spears and Morrisson outstanding,Tonks awesome go forward, Whelam looked good and Kain lively( apart from drop goal!!! oh dear )

To be fair it was obvious someone in the stand was telling Ronnie about some of the infringements going with the amount of time he took with some decisions. To be honest I was pleased with some of Fevs execution if not the finishing. Fev were far more adventurous and the best of the two teams. This was our first important game and we will get better the potential was evident for all to see. Kain had the best game I'd seen for awhile despite the missed drop goal. Tonks and Saxton gave everything. Morrison is a gem and I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE REST OF THE SEASON.

I agree Sidnee but I dont think he lost us the match. He was poor, and inconsistent for both teams but i do think they got a bit lucky with some of the decisions he made. they were consistently offside too. We tried too hard in places, forcing forward passes ect we failed to win that match when we looked in a different league to them for most of it.

I was really surprised at how few sheffield fans turned up! Dewsbury and Batley bring about twice as many as that if not 3 times!

MOM

1 Kain - flawless match for me tackled his socks off and kicking had really improved

The ref wasn't good, but we should have won. Why with ten minutesa to go did we not take a penalty under the sticks and then two minutes later try a drop kick? Same mistakes as last season. Silly penalties and idiot mistakes. The new guys seem to have caught the omplaint. In fact with the exception of Morrison they are no better than the blokes we got rid of.

when he sent one of theirs to the sin bin i said to my mate, laughton will make sure we don't see much of the ball for the the next ten minutes, and i was right. and why, with only a few minutes left, did we play at a ball that was rolling into touch, and give them a scrum on our twenty.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Think Hunslet game now has more importance.

People were describing that as a 'dead rubber' game, sending out half the first team etc

Well what i saw yesterday wasnt great for a first game, it now looks like Hunslet away will decide (in my opinion) weather we qualify or not for the quarters

I agree with SportBilly

who needs Super League when you've got 'THE MIGHTY FEATHERSTONE ROVERS' DARYL POWELL'S BARMY ARMY!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/536103_10150822319238221_519228220_9460427_1569145423_n.jpg[img/]

MOM

yep Kainys kicking has improved alright....his drop was 3 yds away its normally 5 :D:P

I was disappointed with the result, but optimistic with the performance. Sheffield were totally incapable of getting out of their own half without being awarded a penalty.The tackling of the forwards was excellent, but the discipline atrocious (assuming the ref. was right all those times). Sheffield wouldn't have scored a single point without being helped upfield with silly penalties, many of them on the 4th. tackle. If Daryl can sort the discipline out we will be an awesome force to contend with.

I would like to examine the video to see whether we were actually offside at the play the ball all those times, or whether Ronnie was trying to get into the Guinness Book of Records for the most offside and forward pass decisions in a game.

I would also like to see whether Tonka grounded the ball when his "try" was disallowed, as it looked ok to me, and whether the pass to Sam Smeaton was forward, because he seemed to catch it behind himself before plunging over.

It's no good speculating on whether Ronnie was as bad as we thought....What does the DVD show?

Result was nowt to do with the ref. It was our appalling discipline, 13 penalties conceded and from where i was standing they all looked correct. Most were for stupid offences, not standing square, hand in at the play the ball, offside. I still think we had enough possession near their line to have won and with a little more composure i think we would have. I'm still very optimistic for the season, especially if Kain plays like that every week. Thought Morrison went well as did Dickens, Tonka and Field. We still have some quality to come in so things are looking promising.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

I saw nothing wrong with the referee yesterday nothing at all.. B)

However, as I was not at the game I have to say my son, daughter-in-law and my son's in- laws all thought he wasn't at his best.

Thank God we've started the season haha

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

I saw nothing wrong with the referee yesterday nothing at all.. B)

However, as I was not at the game I have to say my son, daughter-in-law and my son's in- laws all thought he wasn't at his best.

Thank God we've started the season haha

Ten minutes in the sin bin for being fowler.

Fev had more than enough chances to win the game, Ronnie didn't miss the chances, our players did.Funny how shouts of forward pass were ringing out from the stand when the Sheffield player still had the ball in his hand!

Referees in our sport are generally poor so we have to accept that unless more money is pumped in to raise their standards we are stuck with them. I thought he was equally as bad, or good for both teams.

Refs in rugby and soccer know the rules but do not know the game.