Challenge Cup Round 3

Guest Hillsborough Lad

Just a little information about or opponents for those who don't know....Thatto Heath Crusaders ARLFC - Clubhouse

Venue for all home fixtures and most training:

Close Street

Thatto Heath

St Helens

Merseyside

WA9 5JA

They do not lose many games....

Sat 13-Feb-2010 Castleford Panthers Away W 0 - 32

Sat 06-Feb-2010 Skirlaugh Home W 36 - 18

Sat 23-Jan-2010 York Acorn Away W 32 - 36

Sat 12-Dec-2009 Stanningley Away W 6 - 50

Sat 05-Dec-2009 Bradford Dudley Hill Home W 22 - 16

Sat 28-Nov-2009 Heworth Away W 12 - 84

Sat 21-Nov-2009 Castleford Panthers Home W 24 - 8

Sat 14-Nov-2009 Normanton Knights Away W 14 - 16

Sat 31-Oct-2009 Rochdale Mayfield Away D 24 - 24

Sat 24-Oct-2009 West Bowling Home W 58 - 16

Sat 10-Oct-2009 Myton Warriors Home W 52 - 8

Sat 03-Oct-2009 Thornhill Trojans Away L 37 - 36

Sat 26-Sep-2009 Saddleworth Rangers Away L 16 - 12

Sat 19-Sep-2009 Stanningley Home W 46 - 24

Sat 12-Sep-2009 Bradford Dudley Hill Away W 16 - 22

Sat 05-Sep-2009 Heworth Home W 52 - 12

Sat 22-Aug-2009 Millom Away W 6 - 32

Sat 08-Aug-2009 Pilkington Recs Home W 38 - 14

Sat 01-Aug-2009 Crosfields Away W 18 - 52

You've outdone me with your stats this time Eagletarian, you'll be getting a little notepad next. :lol::lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've outdone me with your stats this time Eagletarian, you'll be getting a little notepad next. :lol::lol:

I went down to the Post Office yesterday morning for a pad but he had sold out, he said you had just bought his last fifty. I came away with a roll of Izal, it's a good substitute, you don't have to keep turning the pages!!!!

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

eagletarian.gif

I went down to the Post Office yesterday morning for a pad but he had sold out, he said you had just bought his last fifty. I came away with a roll of Izal, it's a good substitute, you don't have to keep turning the pages!!!!

I never thought of that. It'd also come in handy if we play at Castleton Gabriels ground again. :D:D 25p a sheet should pay for my day out :lol:

Our website for those of you who are interested is www.thattoheathcrusaders.org

To be honest a think that most of us were a little disappointed with the draw. We were looking for either a Skolars or Gateshead,that we'd have had a good chance against or a Widnes or Leigh for a good local tie that we could have got a lot of support at.

Still it should be a good day out for our lads and we won't go home wondering what if. Should be an entertaining game for you lot, we tend to throw the ball around a bit and score quite a lot of long range tries too.

A few names you may of come across in our ranks are Darren Woods (former Doncaster, Widnes, Swinton winger), Andy Bailey (Hull FC, York City Knights - forward), Keiron Maddocks (Leigh - hooker), Chris Frodsham (Workington, Swinton - utility back).

Out of interest what do you reckon the crowd is likely to be? I'd imagine we'll bring a couple of coaches.

Edited by thestatman

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

Recent history (since 2000) of home Challenge Cup draws [Round 3] and crowds are

2000- Gate 1100: Opposition THORNHILL TROJANS

2001 - Gate 778: Opposition EAST LEEDS

2002 - Gate 1000:Opposition LEIGH EAST

2003 - Gate 753: Opposition KEIGHLEY

2004 - Gate 723: Opposition YORK CITY KNIGHTS

2008 - Gate 347: Opposition LEZIGNAN CORBIERES X111(AUDE/FRANCE)

2009 - Gate - 1565: Opposition TOULOUSE OLYMPIQUE

So nothing spectacular there to look for

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

Our website for those of you who are interested is www.thattoheathcrusaders.org

To be honest a think that most of us were a little disappointed with the draw. We were looking for either a Skolars or Gateshead,that we'd have had a good chance against or a Widnes or Leigh for a good local tie that we could have got a lot of support at.

Still it should be a good day out for our lads and we won't go home wondering what if. Should be an entertaining game for you lot, we tend to throw the ball around a bit and score quite a lot of long range tries too.

A few names you may of come across in our ranks are Darren Woods (former Doncaster, Widnes, Swinton winger), Andy Bailey (Hull FC, York City Knights - forward), Keiron Maddocks (Leigh - hooker), Chris Frodsham (Workington, Swinton - utility back).

Out of interest what do you reckon the crowd is likely to be? I'd imagine we'll bring a couple of coaches.

Depends on what day the match is played. If we're relegated to the Friday night, that'll effect the crowd, especially I would imagine for yourselves. Getting over from St. Helens on a Friday night won't be easy. There should be a decent crowd for a Sunday game, bearing in mind you're a famous name in the amateur game. I'd say a thousand upwards for a Sunday game. Not as many as you'd get at Widnes or Leigh though, sorry. Look forward to seeing you.

I think Rotherham would object to us playing on a Friday night and the groundstaff would not have as long to prepare the pitch for the following day.

A good post by thestatman - thanks

I hope they have a good day out but not too good! I hope also that their supporters aren't too disappointed about how far they are from the pitch.

Let's hope for a dry early spring type day and a good cup tie.

There are two rules for success:

1.) Don't tell all you know.

Depends on what day the match is played. If we're relegated to the Friday night, that'll effect the crowd, especially I would imagine for yourselves. Getting over from St. Helens on a Friday night won't be easy. There should be a decent crowd for a Sunday game, bearing in mind you're a famous name in the amateur game. I'd say a thousand upwards for a Sunday game. Not as many as you'd get at Widnes or Leigh though, sorry. Look forward to seeing you.

It has been confirmed as 3pm on Sunday 7th.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

Has anyone noticed the scorpions haven't been included in the draw - another cock up???? :P:huh:

They aren't in it because the comp had already started when they were formed.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

I think the season ticket offer that was around for last season's round 3 is also in operation for this game as well.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am incorrect

I know Barrow is doing this

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat