Leigh v Featherstone

Stratobill

Doesn't sound too promising today, but we didn't do too badly last season after our home game against Whitehaven did we?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Powell's experimenting has totally backfired, its deems next weeks home match as totally meaningless. I hope Powell enjoys it when we play are nothing match infront of 900 fans. I'll give it a miss, losing interest in rugby league massively!!

Trying to get as many negative threads in as is humanly possible wont help anyone, were all hacked off.

I note your from Allerton Bywater are you a secret Cas fan.

Everyone even radio Leeds keeps saying were out, is this fact because we can still finish with 8 points surely there isnt 4 teams in our group with over 8 points

Its the same old story great expectations before we start already out of the NR cup after 2 games I dont care what anyone says thats not good enough I feel for our fans who have again paid hard earned money to see another drubbing whhy is it that when we lose we lose big

Northern Rail Cup

Batley 46-10 Swinton

Blackpool 74-6 Gateshead

Hunslet 28-14 Oldham

Keighley 38-10 Workington

Leigh 36-6 Featherstone

London Skolars 0-68 Halifax

Rochdale 12-48 Dewsbury

Sheffield 40-10 York

Whitehaven 54-10 Doncaster

Widnes 22-20 Barrow

Other results... just slow out of the starting blocks/its a marathon not a sprint/ anything else? :D

Cummins Out.

Its the same old story great expectations before we start already out of the NR cup after 2 games I dont care what anyone says thats not good enough I feel for our fans who have again paid hard earned money to see another drubbing whhy is it that when we lose we lose big

After the Halifax game I said that I couldn't see that the replacements were any better than the players who had gone. I still feel that. By the way Hunslet seem to be p[laying well.

After the Halifax game I said that I couldn't see that the replacements were any better than the players who had gone. I still feel that. By the way Hunslet seem to be p[laying well.

I agree on both points i cant see the crowds getting bigger with results like this

I agree on both points i cant see the crowds getting bigger with results like this

Wigan got battered last year, next home game they had a record crowd to get behind them, similar happened to Leeds a few weeks ago after getting schooled by Swindon, and its happened loads of times when a club is down on its luck and the fans come out in force to get behind them. Lets do the same.

Cummins Out.

I'm not saying don't go out to try and win, but surely he has to try different combinations otherwise how else is he supposed to find his best team?

If we're out of the competition after one loss and one draw, perhaps that says something about how the competition is organised.

Isn't the time to try out different combinations on the training field not in competitive matches? Surely he knows deep down what his starting 17. If you have to make changes, make them gradually not wholesale.

Thanks, anymore? Its just the NRC, its like the JPT in football, if you win it, great, if you dont, nevermind, there isnt much money in it anyway?

I disagree. It's one of only two pieces of silverware that we realistically can win, and I for one want to see us lift it! It would appear in all likelyhood I'll be waiting another season for that to happen though... :(

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Thanks, anymore? Its just the NRC, its like the JPT in football, if you win it, great, if you dont, nevermind, there isnt much money in it anyway?

I wouldn't have thought the directors are thinking that away about the lost income

Just back from game, biggest waste of money and a sunday so far. Your all abusing one guy for having no faith yet sit on a forum n argue toss, you be the lucky ones not having to watch that shower of ######. We couldnt get out of our own half 1st 20 mins did so once and scored same story 2nd half, kept dropping ball missing tackles not completing sets everything was ###### today.

Dont care about us having a big squad people should be made to fight for there places and today everyone was rubbish. From moment kain didnt find touch with a penalty he was garbage, shouldn't have left out matty dale jack lee liam wellham since if we want to do well in this why play fringe players?

Next week we will probably win but i still agree that relegaton battle is not out of question, oh and does anyone know if we are out or not?

Edited by snake1985
voohli.jpg

ONE OF OUR best performances at the LSV. I guess we were fired up after losing to York, and after making a good start, never looked back. Fev were back in at 12-6, spent more time in our half than earlier on, but the crucial score in the 38th minute, made it 18-6, rather than just 6 point gap. It was just 'one of those days' for you I guess, with ball in hand. You made nearly as many handling errors than us at York last week. Don't know why you chose to 'constantly' slow the game down by 'lying on' in the tackle, we are hardly Saints.

Don't be too disheartened over this result, it will be probably one of our best displays of the season. ;)

Get bigger???? I guarantee you they will get even smaller on the back of this type of performance :angry: . Money is too hard come by in this day and age for most of us to waste it on this type of performance :(:(:(

Spot on there and I know where my money is next week staying in my pocket, when the club dont take this compertition seriousley why should the fans pay money to Get Behind the team I will now wait for the season to start if the club wanted the fans to come back they should have been picking a winning team from game one

ONE OF OUR best performances at the LSV. I guess we were fired up after losing to York, and after making a good start, never looked back. Fev were back in at 12-6, spent more time in our half than earlier on, but the crucial score in the 38th minute, made it 18-6, rather than just 6 point gap. It was just 'one of those days' for you I guess, with ball in hand. You made nearly as many handling errors than us at York last week. Don't know why you chose to 'constantly' slow the game down by 'lying on' in the tackle, we are hardly Saints.

Don't be too disheartened over this result, it will be probably one of our best displays of the season. ;)

Cant disagree with this that fella leuluia or however its spelt lol looks a class act today

voohli.jpg

Powell shouldn't be using any competative matches as experiments, if he does i don't think he should be the coach. To be out of this cup this early is a disgrace, if the NR cup means nothing to the club they can charge us less for going to the matches. They'll be under 1000 at POR next week and rightly so.

100% spot on.like it or not the NRC is part of the season and there to be won.the ambitions have been well publicised publicly all winter and its time to deliver.ther'es likely to be less than 1000 next week as you say so they may as well drop it to a fiver as a gesture and hope for the ruddy best.not good enough.

Cant disagree with this that fella leuluia or however its spelt lol looks a class act today

He should be good - his dad played for Hull & NZ, his brother plays for W***n and NZ, his cousin for Leeds and his uncle for Salford! And, he's only 18!!

I know today was a very bad performance and one of the worst i have seen in a long time. I think DP made a mistake in not putting the strongest team out but we knew that mid week, we will just have to see who he picks next week.

It is annoying though when people say they are not coming next week because of a bad performance. The club need us all to get to the games what would happen if the directors said sod it and the players took their teddy home we wouldnt have a club to support any more.

Leigh had a shock lose last week and their fans were not very happy but at least they turned out today to support their club and the few that may not have turned up will be annoyed now.

We need to calm down it was a bad day at the office (Like Leigh last week)but if DP admits that he make a mistake today by making too many changes and puts it right next week then we will all be happy again.

By the way well done Leigh you had a solid game today

i dont think it is appalling management, last season we were settled from the off, we had more of a pre-season and a settled 13, this season we havent had much of a pre season and the team certainly isnt settled, it was a gamble and was something different, unfortuneatly most of us could see what was coming and the gamble didnt pay off, hopefully DP will send out the message next week by picking a strong 13 for Rochdale not only to us fans but to the competition