RELEGATION BATTLE THIS SEASON

Rarefrith

Here we go second game of the season and we are acording to some in a relegatio fight, for heavens sake !! What does that make St Helens or Leeds ? Why not support your team and save all the sadness ? I would give my right arm to be able to watch rovers at the moment no matter whether they win draw or lose. Does this mean that after nearly 60 years of watching the team that I am in a minority ? and I really should only follow a succeful team, instead of one I have devoted my sporting spare time to ? I believed the NRC to be important, I still do, but the coach more than any of us realises that this is the time to put things right on the pitch.

I really do despair that many fans only come on the forum to complain or moan, that's fine, but if you do that you should also come on when things go right to congratulate. As I said I would love to have been at the game, who knows I might even be able to get to a game soon I don't know, but my spirit and support will always be behind the Rovers no matter what, and I suspect that goes for the majority of fans on here. By all means criticise, that's your right, but never give up believing it's what keeps some of us alive!!

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

we get it every season lose badly we're going down, win a couple we'll win the league lose another we were in a false position and not good enough to lace our own boots............................

We'll be alright don't worry

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

I agree with what paul,bob and chris have said. for goodness sake we have only played 2 games and drawn 1 of them atleast we haven't lost both games and some teams in our Northern Rail Cup Group have played a game more than us. And BTW u can't expect us to win every game especially with only 2/3 Preseason Games Played.

who needs Super League when you've got 'THE MIGHTY FEATHERSTONE ROVERS' DARYL POWELL'S BARMY ARMY!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/536103_10150822319238221_519228220_9460427_1569145423_n.jpg[img/]

I think Fev's form will return, but only after Batley give you a spanking on theopening day ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I wouldn't be too despondent at the moment, its only early days Fev fans. You've too much quality and experience to struggle this season I would have thought. The only area where I see a weakness in your squad is at half-back IMO. Briggs is still a youngster and hasn't got the guile to guide a side round the field yet, and Andy Kain is more of an individualist than an organiser. You would benefit greatly from having someone like Paul Handforth in the halves. Anyway, whats happened to the PNG lads? They looked super signings on the Youtube clubs that I saw but don't seem to have featured much for you so far?

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

By all means shove this down my throat as the season goes on, but i don't see us being better than more than 2 or 3 teams in this league. Time will tell.

last seaso early on in the piece we were hammered at home by whitehaven but we didn't have such a bad season. abviously i was disappointed with the result. but one swallow doesn't make wsummer.

colin nick

mr colin nicholson

last seaso early on in the piece we were hammered at home by whitehaven but we didn't have such a bad season. abviously i was disappointed with the result. but one swallow doesn't make wsummer.

colin nick

Certainly brightens up a winter though lad

I agree with what paul,bob and chris have said. for goodness sake we have only played 2 games and drawn 1 of them atleast we haven't lost both games and some teams in our Northern Rail Cup Group have played a game more than us. And BTW u can't expect us to win every game especially with only 2/3 Preseason Games Played.

I can see the argument from both sides. Yes it is still early doors and we will get better but I think the point the people who are said to be moaning are making is that we are to all extent and purposes out of the NR Cup, after only two games. Only two games gone and we are strugglng to get into the top four of a set of clubs that we should be the leading light of. If you look at the Halifax game we made wrong decision after wrong decision. Was that the captains fault or the coaches? The changes made did not help us against Leigh. Again why did we do it. To say that this competition doesn't matter is rubbish. If you win it, it gives you the main point for an application to SL as the winner or runner up in a competition. We should be up for ANY competition . Yes I have been there many times and seen some awful matches in the 70 years I have been watching and I will continue to watch. Having said that I and a lot of others are not coaches but we can see the stupidity of some of the decisions made. That extra point in the first game could turn out to be very valuable. It is a vicious circle. Play bad and there is a need for changes.That costs money. Lose and there are fewer speccies therefore less money. I only hope that this season that held so much promise for us is not a total disaster. I agree with the comments about the players allowed to leave. Rovers for ever.

relegation battle??.....time to sack the coach before its too late

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

Madness! Yes that was as bad as we have played in two years but it is one match, with 1 friendly under our belts with half of the team from last season. It will take time to gel and yes I did go to watch it and yes it was absolute ###### but give them a chance! I couldnt take any positives out of it but sack the coach? madness absolute madness!

This coud end up giving our players the kick up the ar*e needed early on in the season where they may have become complacent. we are not out of the cup yet...remember Widnes last year were in a similar situation as this and went on to win it for gods sake!

UP THE ROVERS!

Madness! Yes that was as bad as we have played in two years but it is one match, with 1 friendly under our belts with half of the team from last season. It will take time to gel and yes I did go to watch it and yes it was absolute ###### but give them a chance! I couldnt take any positives out of it but sack the coach? madness absolute madness!

This coud end up giving our players the kick up the ar*e needed early on in the season where they may have become complacent. we are not out of the cup yet...remember Widnes last year were in a similar situation as this and went on to win it for gods sake!

hold ya horses old chap!!......it was a tongue in cheek remark because all there's been since the sheffield game is negativity i personally dont think for one minute the coach should go....yes we've played poor in the first 2 games but its not the end of the world!!

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

hold ya horses old chap!!......it was a tongue in cheek remark because all there's been since the sheffield game is negativity i personally dont think for one minute the coach should go....yes we've played poor in the first 2 games but its not the end of the world!!

Ha fair enough rover n out it just seemed quite believable given the state of mind of some fans on here that people would be calling for him to go.

UP THE ROVERS!

• 6 months later...

A few of us have posted some pearlers this season, and Rarefrith is no exception! But this thread has to be the one to bite him on the @rse the hardest!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I wouldn't be too despondent at the moment, its only early days Fev fans. You've too much quality and experience to struggle this season I would have thought. The only area where I see a weakness in your squad is at half-back IMO. Briggs is still a youngster and hasn't got the guile to guide a side round the field yet, and Andy Kain is more of an individualist than an organiser. You would benefit greatly from having someone like Paul Handforth in the halves. Anyway, whats happened to the PNG lads? They looked super signings on the Youtube clubs that I saw but don't seem to have featured much for you so far?

Harold...REALLY!!! :dry:

we get it every season lose badly we're going down, win a couple we'll win the league lose another we were in a false position and not good enough to lace our own boots............................

We'll be alright don't worry

haha i'm happy with my posting on the subject...... it was others though who thought we were in a false position

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk