Embarrising

Rob Hemmi

Was on bench pal, came on for twenty mins and dint do owt, dropped field, jack lee, graysion, wellam, matty dale on bench! Too many changes

I too couldn't understand the changes.The Northern Rail cup is not a set of friendly matches.People pay good money to follow the team.There were too many changes in one go, I once criticised Gary Price for not taking this competition serious and for all his spouting it doesn't seem like Daryl does either. When you change a side you do it gradually. To use the phrase resting players in an important game to me was a little scandulous and it came back to bite us on the bum big time. Today we were thrashed by a team that struggled to beat Oldham at home and were beaten by York. With full respects to those sides you cannot wallpaper over those cracks.

Just got back from the game.

We are a shadow of last sesons team and based on that the two performances so far we will be lucky to make the top 6

Kain and briggs cannot play together. Fact. Even whispers amongst the fev crowd suggested Harris is badly missed.

Kicking atrocious, general play atrocious, aside from the try (which wasnt bad to be fair) we never got anywhere near the Leigh line for the rest of the game.

Danny Allen brings nothing to the team and is a terrible signing IMO, those who came in for the dropped players didnt perform well either, people are going to say it takes time to bed in and settle, but we havent got time and we are definately a team who are struggling

It is now set up for the PNG's to come in and step up to the plate surely

DP dropped a clanger to end all clangers making these changes, listened to Radio Leeds on the way back and it says we are already out of the comp, i think we are.

Edited by elppaxr2i

Just got back from the game.

We are a shadow of last sesons team and based on that the two performances so far we will be lucky to make the top 6

Kain and briggs cannot play together. Fact. Even whispers amongst the fev crowd suggested Harris is badly missed.

Kicking atrocious, general play atrocious, aside from the try (which wasnt bad to be fair) we never got anywhere near the Leigh line for the rest of the game.

Danny Allen brings nothing to the team and is a terrible signing IMO, those who came in for the dropped players didnt perform well either, people are going to say it takes time to bed in and settle, but we havent got time and we are definately a team who are struggling

It is now set up for the PNG's to come in and step up to the plate surely

DP dropped a clanger to end all clangers making these changes, listened to Radio Leeds on the way back and it says we are already out of the comp, i think we are.

Everything i've been saying since friday when i realised changes were going to be made!!!

it was an absolute shambles and the coach has to take a share of the blame.the changes in the team were'nt needed and this was a must-win game

in theory we arnt out of it ,true, but ability wise we most certainly ARE.kain and briggs cannot play together and the attacking play (?) was ######.briggs had a mare last week this time it was kain who set the precedant with an awful attempt at a touch-finder within the first 5 mins.nanyn trampled all over smeaton in the second half and id like to ask DP why the much bigger coady wasnt opposite him.we let robbie paul dictate as we stood back admiring.this is the second week on the trot the halves have been outplayed.i suggest the coach starts there, but thats only one of his problems.and the disipline..well lets not even go there.

we wer'e incapable of putting 4 passes together without the ball hitting the deck on a perfect day.

this is YOUR'E TEAM Darryl with YOUR'E chosen players.YOU sort it. :angry:

Did not get to the game, but I reckon that our first league game against Batley will be a good indicator of where we are going this season. I have stated in another post that IMO the nucleus of the team should already be finalised, with the exception of injuries, with the team being "tweaked" in just a possible one or two positions.

I think that Batley will show some good form this year and become the "dark horses".

to be honest if i was powell i would play;-

FB-HARDMAN

WING-STEEL

CENTRE-COADY

CENTRE-WELHAM

WING-MARABE

STAND-OFF-JESSE JOE

SCRUM HALF-BRIGGS

PROP-MORRISON

PROP-TONKA

HOOKER-KAIN

SECOND ROW-DIVORTY

SECOND ROW-DALE

LOOSE FORWARD-MANNING

SUBS:-

DICKENS

JACK LEE

FIELD

SPEARS

who needs Super League when you've got 'THE MIGHTY FEATHERSTONE ROVERS' DARYL POWELL'S BARMY ARMY!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/536103_10150822319238221_519228220_9460427_1569145423_n.jpg[img/]

FB-HARDMAN

WING-STEEL

CENTRE-COADY

CENTRE-WELHAM

WING-MARABE

STAND-OFF-JESSE JOE

SCRUM HALF-BRIGGS

PROP-MORRISON

PROP-TONKA

HOOKER-KAIN

SECOND ROW-DIVORTY

SECOND ROW-DALE

LOOSE FORWARD-MANNING

DICKENS

JACK LEE

FIELD

SPEARS

And if a back gets injured who do you bring on ?

FB-HARDMAN

WING-STEEL

CENTRE-COADY

CENTRE-WELHAM

WING-MARABE

STAND-OFF-JESSE JOE

SCRUM HALF-BRIGGS

PROP-MORRISON

PROP-TONKA

HOOKER-KAIN

SECOND ROW-DIVORTY

SECOND ROW-DALE

LOOSE FORWARD-MANNING

DICKENS

JACK LEE

FIELD

SPEARS

How on earth can you pick jjp at stand off , what have you seen that nobody else has in the short game time he as played.why dont dont we just cut the ###### and give up on the season now

"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

GARYS.gif

How on earth can you pick jjp at stand off , what have you seen that nobody else has in the short game time he as played.why dont dont we just cut the ###### and give up on the season now

Most people thought the Jessie Joe would be a centre when he signed for us, but hasn't he been playing at stand off for the reserves? I guess that DP sees him playing there for the first team, other why use him there in the "fringe players" games. I must admit from last week, I thought half back and hooker where the two positions that we could do with strengthening in, and from what I've heard about this week, nothing as yet has changed my mind. Without the funds though, lets face it we won't be getting any better players in, and we are never going to be the richest club in the league.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Most people thought the Jessie Joe would be a centre when he signed for us, but hasn't he been playing at stand off for the reserves? I guess that DP sees him playing there for the first team, other why use him there in the "fringe players" games. I must admit from last week, I thought half back and hooker where the two positions that we could do with strengthening in, and from what I've heard about this week, nothing as yet has changed my mind. Without the funds though, lets face it we won't be getting any better players in, and we are never going to be the richest club in the league.

I'd agree to a certain extent. We aren't paying peanuts though to some of these players

I'd agree to a certain extent. We aren't paying peanuts though to some of these players

I daresay we aren't paying peanuts. I bet there are other teams in the league paying more though, especially to players in such pivotal positions.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

My XIII for what its worth

1. Ian Hardman

2. Jon Steel

3. Liam Welham/Coady

4. Larsen Marabe

5. Tom Saxton

This leaves Sam Smeaton on the bench, from what ive seen he's played Wing, Centre and Loose Forward, so theres versatility. Welham or Coady, Coady could be a bit part player if Leeds suffer a crisis in the backs, so Welham would be the first choice... maybe.

6. Jessie Joe Parker

7. Kyle Briggs

JJP/N plays there for PNG, he took England apart at the WC in 08, did a good job on Wednesday night too, scoring 1 and creating, I think, 3. Think Bennett wanted him at 5/8 for St. George until Visa problems interupted.

8. Stuart Dickens

9. Jack Lee/Liam Finn

10. Iain Morrison

Dickens, obvious choice, 110% every game and club captain, Morrison for the hard work. Lee and Finn cant pick decide. Tony Tonks off the bench, for obvious reasons

11. Tim Spears

12. Matty Dale

A position were spoilt for choice in, but do any of them have an offload game to send Welham/Marabe away? Dale does me thinks. That leaves Grayshon, Manning, Divorty, and Sheriffe.

13. Jamie Field

For his defensive organisation, I havent seen much of Danny Allen because of lack of friendlies and what not to say anything.

Thats how I'd have the squad, but thats just me, would be good to see Liam Finns kicking game which is highly rated, bit harder to kick from the PTB though.

Cummins Out.