Challenge Cup draw farce!

marklaspalmas

So the draw was done live on the internet with NO sound and no visuals.

Fev were drawn away to London Skolars.

But Wath Brow Hornets ball went missing so they had to do it again and we got Workington at home.

Widnes Vikings v Wigan St Judes

Oldham v Blackwood Bulldogs

Gateshead Thunder v York City Knights

London Skolars v Limoux

Doncaster v Siddal

Rochdale Hornets v Lezignan

Drighlington v Dewsbury Rams

Batley Bulldogs v Leeds Metropolitan University

Royal Navy v Blackpool Panthers

Featherstone Rovers v Workington Town

Warrington Wizards v Swinton Lions

Leigh Miners Rangers v Whitehaven

Sheffield Eagles v Thatto Heath

Ovenden v Halifax

Barrow Raiders v Hunslet Warriors

Keighley Cougars v Toulouse Olympique

Leigh East v Hunslet Hawks

Leigh Centurions v Wath Brow Hornets

But Wath Brow Hornets ball went missing so they had to do it again and we got Workington at home.

Widnes Vikings v Wigan St Judes

Oldham v Blackwood Bulldogs

Gateshead Thunder v York City Knights

London Skolars v Limoux

Doncaster v Siddal

Rochdale Hornets v Lezignan

Drighlington v Dewsbury Rams

Batley Bulldogs v Leeds Metropolitan University

Royal Navy v Blackpool Panthers

Featherstone Rovers v Workington Town

Warrington Wizards v Swinton Lions

Leigh Miners Rangers v Whitehaven

Sheffield Eagles v Thatto Heath

Ovenden v Halifax

Barrow Raiders v Hunslet Warriors

Keighley Cougars v Toulouse Olympique

Leigh East v Hunslet Hawks

Leigh Centurions v Wath Brow Hornets

What happened to the new welsh side? Or have I missed something?

1952 cup final, rovers v workington. oh how are the mighty fallen.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

How difficult can it be to put all the balls in the bag? Over the years, I must have done dozens of draws. I might be tempting fate, but it's never happened to me. :dry:

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

By the time we play Hunslet we could be definitely out of the cup so could send a reserve team.Workington at home gives us much needed income for bar takings etc so it is a good draw.

sounds all doom and gloom on here at the moment Phil .Fans worried about Hunslet worried about Workington potentially Featherstone should be looking at top 4 in the league not worrying about beating teams in a lower league the Leigh game sounded out of character for your boys but every team has a blip now and again.think your right about playing the Huns they will surely test any non confidence you may have with your league position as it is the cup has to take priority as far as revenue is concerned early days for your boys yet so get behind them

chappy

Isn't the Billy Iveson trophy played for every time Fev and Town meet. Fev will be the holders of it by winning at Town a couple of seasons ago where we gave you a game for 40 minutes ( I think it was 8 - 6 at half-time and then Fev ran away with it in the 2nd half).

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

We have to assume we are good enough to beat Rochdale with the inclusion of those that haven't had a game yet, otherwise we might as well pack in now! Batley is the toughest game of the next four, and will require a full strength line-up, so we should be looking at the Rochdale game as a warm up to that. We shouldn't be even thinking about Workington & Hunslet 'til after the Batley game, but once it is gone, and if we still have a chance in the NRC, I would approach them both with a one game at a time attitude.

I am glad we have drawn Workington, but it brings a problem in having to play those in need of a rest, and the fringe players won't get a chance to impress.

Does my memory serve me correct or did one year in the 60s, when the 1st round draw was made live on BBC a Ball was dropped and rolled around the studio. The draw continued and the dropped ball given the last match away from home.

The draw was remade later and Rovers played Hull KR at Hull. Reckon it could have been the 67/68 season

Does my memory serve me correct or did one year in the 60s, when the 1st round draw was made live on BBC a Ball was dropped and rolled around the studio. The draw continued and the dropped ball given the last match away from home.

The draw was remade later and Rovers played Hull KR at Hull. Reckon it could have been the 67/68 season

Yes it did happen one time live on BBC. My memory (which I don't trust) is that there was a missing ball at the end of the draw and I think they found it in someone's lap and put it in the last away place. There was a fuss, and they produced a new draw later which was not live on BBC (I assume Leeds got a nice home tie in the new draw!).

But please don't tell me it was in the 60s. Where did all those intervening years go?