Food and drink thread

Bit like condor, but tougher...

I haven't tried Condor I have to be honest - how is it best cooked?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I haven't tried Condor I have to be honest - how is it best cooked?

For 18 days, sous-vide and served with a side order of Monster Munch.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

For 18 days, sous-vide and served with a side order of Monster Munch.

Now you're just being silly.

I've just shown this thread to a colleague who was brought up in the Pitcairn Islands and used to regularly eat parrot!!!! :O

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I once had horse while on holiday in France, very nice it was too. I once had a pig whilst on holiday as well but I prefer not to talk about that.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Braised dolphin lung with a topic is a treat in our house.

Braised? You have got to be joking?

Chicken Marengo

Seriously Old Skool! B)

And nothing wrong with that. Tasty, too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

I tried a sharon fruit (or persimmon) today, it's nice, it looks like a unripe, orange tomato. But it tastes likes peaches in syrup, with a texture of stewed rhubard, that one-directional, fibrous pulpy type-ness.

I will still try snails later in the months, sometime soon.

I absolutely detest packet sauces and jars, instead I always make from fresh but the other night I had a Levi Roots Caribbean Curry sauce from a jar with chicken, it was bloody lovely, one of the nicest things I've eaten for ages.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Sexy cabbage

what's that?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

According to the Mail if you know what Hummus and Prosecco are you're posh. I quite like prosecco. I've never had hummus. I consider myself the absolute opposite of posh.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

According to the Mail if you know what Hummus and Prosecco are you're posh. I quite like prosecco. I've never had hummus. I consider myself the absolute opposite of posh.

Even posher is you spell it 'houmous'. Although I do spell it 'houmous', I immediately thought prosecco was prosciutto ham. I had to look it up, Italian wine. Hmm. La-di-da. Houmous is nice, and pretty good for you, with the large amount of chick peas. I always thought 'hummus' was lazy American spelling, Wikipedia has it as 'hummus' and a myriad of other spellings.

you can get decent versions of both in ALDI in Meanwood.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a couple of lambs' hearts from the butcher the other day, and used the recipe in Fergus Henderson's 'Nose to Tail Eating'.

• Clean and trim the hearts
  • gently fry chopped onions and garlic
  • add red wine and simmer
  • add chunks of day-old (i.e. slightly dry) bread
  • smoosh together
  • add chopped sage and allow to cool
  • stuff hearts, then cover the opening with strips of bacon and tie into place
  • in a covered pot, cook gently in chicken stock for about 2 and a half hours
  • take out hearts, allow to rest somewhere warm under foil, while you reduce the cooking liquid
  • strain the liquid to use as gravy and serve up the hearts with mashed potatoes and marrowfat peas

...and very very nice it was, too. :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I bought a couple of lambs' hearts from the butcher the other day, and used the recipe in Fergus Henderson's 'Nose to Tail Eating'.

• smoosh together
  • take out hearts, allow to rest somewhere warm under foil, while you reduce the cooking liquid
  • strain the liquid to use as gravy and serve up the hearts with mashed potatoes and marrowfat peas

Nose to tail eating. A woman went to the butchers and asked for a sheep's head, and would he leave the eyes in. Because it had to see them through the week. :dry:

It's too warm for a coat today

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• smoosh together

my mum used to do hearts regulary when we lived at home during the last resession, cheap as owt, i loved em. my missus is having non of it thou so the nearest i get to em is when i wanna treat the dog he loves em as well.

sounds pretty much same as she did em stuffed, i'm gonna have to get on to mother to knock me some up