Food and drink thread

What...no Waterfields - they win awards -_-

Bolton market...hmm yes maybe, the cake they mention in the article is I think Singing Lily, which I made as a baby onwards with my grandma...Leigh has a few left Parkers, Sargents, Coans..all do their own stuff and it's good and great value

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Fullertons on Queen Street in Morley, as recommended by TV chef Brian Turner.

Brilliant Yorkshire curd tarts. Great breadcakes, great bread, fantastic home made potted meat, a real old fashioned bakers. Ususally a queue.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Real men don't have left overs; they finish up.

Man up and eat your snap.

In my defence, I have mixed, linked and packed 30 lbs of sausage today with a little hand machine, and made a delicious set of sausage patties for my tea out of the dribbly bits of left overs.

I fear the diet has gone west.

In my defence, I have mixed, linked and packed 30 lbs of sausage today with a little hand machine, and made a delicious set of sausage patties for my tea out of the dribbly bits of left overs.

where did it all go wrong tim?

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Many things aren't apparently manly enough for Millman, I think it's a cry for help! ;):D

A bit of an odd one but I've been dabbling with an ice cream maker and am pleasantly surprised by the results. Making it is a piece of ###### and the results are almost as goods as the Hagen Daas/Ben and Jerrys you get from the shops (well it should be as I have been using the Ben and Jerry's recipe book).

Fides invicta triumphat

A bit of an odd one but I've been dabbling with an ice cream maker and am pleasantly surprised by the results. Making it is a piece of ###### and the results are almost as goods as the Hagen Daas/Ben and Jerrys you get from the shops (well it should be as I have been using the Ben and Jerry's recipe book).

Had a go at savoury ice-cream yet?

Andouillette - a French tripe sausage - is well worth trying.

I tried this in Argeles-sur-mer a few years back!

I cannot for the life of me remember what possessed me to order it, but never again! It arrived looking somewhat like a large grey version of a black pudding,sliced open so that the contents were spilling out onto the plate like someone had disembowelled a small animal. Mercifully, I had ordered it with a covering of mustard sauce which made it barely palatable, and i managed to eat about half before I came across a piece of what I think was pork, but it still had coarse hair attached, I conceded defeat at this point!

My wife later took great pleasure in reading aloud to me a graphic description of what i had consumed, from a guidebook - truly horrific :O:ohmy:

jacket spud covered with, branston baked beans, tesco mature cheddar (grated).

on't side a plate tuna mayo, chunky coleslaw n corn on cob.

the simple things in life are often the best.

Many things aren't apparently manly enough for Millman, I think it's a cry for help! ;):D

Brave or stupid - you decide :D

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I think frogs legs are on the back burner, I went to a butcher and they could order them in but a 1kg minimum, 15-20 frogs legs, I'm not that hungry to try them.

However, and these are not new foods to me but capers and sun-dried tomatoes are the cat's pyjamas.

I think frogs legs are on the back burner, I went to a butcher and they could order them in but a 1kg minimum, 15-20 frogs legs, I'm not that hungry to try them.

However, and these are not new foods to me but capers and sun-dried tomatoes are the cat's pyjamas.

try tapanade, olives, capers, garlic and anchovies, chopped into a rough paste, very tasty on some ciabatta.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.