Food and drink thread

I had a starter of baby squid in a garlic and squid ink sauce recently on a trip to Valencia, they were most defintely dead, but absolutely delicious. They were served on a next of crispy shredded potatoes. Possibly the weirdest looking fish and chips I have encountered.

Randomly i had the same meal very close to Valencia.

I've been to Pusan. I wasn't offered live octopus, but I was offered live prawns, as part of a huge raw fish dinner. The fish was served on a block of ice. The prawns were brought it later in the meal, and I could see that they were raw, I then noticed that they were still moving :(

It was all served with the usual Korean accompaniments - raw garlic, hot sauce and the mandatory kimchi.

My favourite Korean meal is the meat barbecued at the table - is it bulgagi? Whatever - I've been to S. Korea twice and had it several times on both occasions.

The BBQ meat would have either been Samgupsal, which is pig or Dak Galbi, the cow equivalent. I lived on nothing but for 14months.

Bulgogi usually comes in a stone pot with a side of kimchi jiggae.

The most usual side dish, for every meal is several bottles of soju!

Good lad - how were they?
They were fine. See my detailed analysis somewhere previous from yesterday.

you should try watching 'Man v Food on the food channels 249 and 250

It's the epicenter of all that is a disgrace about american culture

I think it's an ace programme, it's definitely cultural!

• 2 weeks later...
I've just tried a small tin of dressed lobster, but I don't think it's substantial enough, it's just a fishy mush. I might try some proper lobster, very la di da.

You should. I love the stuff. I'm also a big fan of the very simple crab sandwiches that you can get in Cornwall.

went to ASDSA terneet

bought a jar of ASFDA's own make jalapeno stuffed olives, a jar of mussels(yes I know but I was in a hurry) a four pack of leffe brun and watched bouquet of barbed wire

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Homemade turkey burgers on portobello mushrooms with salsa and a caper, gherkin and yoghurt dip.

Full as ####.

Chuff me that sounds fantastic!

I had a couple of Tescos Finest burgers with Jalapeno and Monterey Jack cheese and have to say they were lush!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Oh and as an aside, the breakfast of champions.....

Cheesy Eggy bread

Make a cheese sandwich, dip it in whisked egg and fry in a bit of olive oli - serve with HP sauce - absolutely delicious

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Oh and as an aside, the breakfast of champions.....

Cheesy Eggy bread

Make a cheese sandwich, dip it in whisked egg and fry in a bit of olive oli - serve with HP sauce - absolutely delicious

I'm having summat similar after my morning dump

gratin dish with olive oil rubbed around it. mushrooms. Beaten egg poured over, and cheese on top. bke in the oven until it rise and goes golden. Set up for the day.

Keeping it local

I'm having summat similar after my morning dump

gratin dish with olive oil rubbed around it. mushrooms. Beaten egg poured over, and cheese on top. bke in the oven until it rise and goes golden. Set up for the day.

In preparation for a naming ceremony or some other self indulgent ritual?

In preparation for a naming ceremony or some other self indulgent ritual?

in preparation for a day of domestic tasks.

naming ceremonies I leave to the un cool.

Keeping it local

You should. I love the stuff. I'm also a big fan of the very simple crab sandwiches that you can get in Cornwall.

Lobster's great, whether just simply steamed or boiled, or in a classic dish like Lobster Newburg.

And dressed crab is one of life's great pleasures.

Crayfish, on the other hand, rarely lives up to expectations.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

TRL Lobster Helpdesk; having ripped the carcass to bits to get at the cooked meat, there was this dark green mush in the body cavity, it looks like Paxo stuffing mix. Is this edible?

I also vaguely know of dead man's fingeres so I left anything attached to the legs/underside bit. I couldn't be arsed scraping anything out of the spindly legs either.

TRL Lobster Helpdesk; having ripped the carcass to bits to get at the cooked meat, there was this dark green mush in the body cavity, it looks like Paxo stuffing mix. Is this edible?

I also vaguely know of dead man's fingeres so I left anything attached to the legs/underside bit. I couldn't be arsed scraping anything out of the spindly legs either.

Hmm, further investigation points this to be 'tomalley'. It seems to be ok to eat.

Enjoy it.
You won't like it, bloody 'orrible... :unsure:

Using a full tin of tomatoes and a small amount of whole wheat linguine meant it turned out more like a curry than a ragu, but it was flippin' lovely.

As for the lobster, pretty much what I expected, really quite nice. Chunky, chewy uber-prawns. The smell is exactly like the seaside.

Onwards to October.