Food and drink thread

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 17:21, Oxford said:

thought this might be an idea for here

When I went to Jamaica I stayed in an all-inclusive hotel, but the bins outside serving Jerk had a queue that was usually 10-12 deep $450JD for wonderful food (=£3)

Verdura last night basically steamed veg but a bit of do it yourself with seasoning, different oils, vinegars and mustards.

And a glass of white and right Picpoul ... maybe I should call it the House White?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

16 minutes ago, Oxford said:

You'll never guess what I'm having today and it's "autentic"

That dish always reminds me of an anecdote in one of David Niven's autobiographies. During the war, with rationing at its height, Niven was in a gentlemen's club as a waiter told one of the crustier old colonels that the starter of the day was Moules Marinieres. The colonel was outraged "Good God, they're servin' us moles now!".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Watching this will help you appreciate TV chefs more and an example of why we shouldn't

I think it's VR because the ingredients are invisible most of the time!

I'll just leave this here without comment.

DsMStGhWoAAhjGK.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, hindle xiii said:

Camembert camenwent.

This is one of those few occasions where I do a trip down memory lane mostly because cheese (cows anyway) is off limits these days

but I do miss Lacashire and

image.png.972fcdc1021ca3c752122132cd0ff229.png

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:03, Oxford said:

You'll never guess what I'm having today and it's "autentic"

Last time I was in Brussels, I had a large dish of Moules & a bottle of wine, when I got the cheque I was charged for a small dish and a bottle of beer, I paid & left, as I was leaving I noticed the young Japanese lady at the next table had a small dish & a beer. OOPS 

On 22/06/2019 at 02:29, MattSantos said:

Taking the 11 week old to his first michelin star gaff this evening.

Hope you got him to choose the wine!

A flesh sack, stuffed with offal, rectum and complete & utter testicles... holding some sausages.

D-8S6GNXUAIxh9C.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, Futtocks said:

A flesh sack, stuffed with offal, rectum and complete & utter testicles... holding some sausages.

D-8S6GNXUAIxh9C.jpg

I think if I'd read this beforehand Futtocks it might've put me off my Toulouse Sausage sandwich for tea

They did put this in my mind though, the Toulouse sausages that is .....

image.thumb.png.b778c40a26a02eddfb21a9763b46221c.png

Edited by Oxford

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought some black garlic ketchup. I tried it first with some ham and cheese toasted sandwiches, and it was delicious, but have been having several thoughts about how to use it in more creative ways than just as a condiment. Definitely going to use some in a marinade or BBQ sauce, as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/07/2019 at 17:54, Futtocks said:

I just bought some black garlic ketchup. I tried it first with some ham and cheese toasted sandwiches, and it was delicious, but have been having several thoughts about how to use it in more creative ways than just as a condiment. Definitely going to use some in a marinade or BBQ sauce, as soon as possible.

We got some as a free gift recently great stuff and we just used it in any of the recipes we use garlic for.

Going to Search for Bio Muscat sec wine and Olive Oil places today all around the P O.

And lunch out somewhere of course!

We're in a gite in a vineyard at the moment handy but dear.

• 2 weeks later...

Searched for days in the woods for the wild ginseng but found none....I'm not giving up...I will find some! 

I'm going to make me one big giant sarsaparilla of root beer when I am done!  And I'm going to drink it in one giant gulp too!

• Like 1

I have just terminated my Virgin Wines account with extreme prejudice. They used to deliver through an excellent courier company, but that has recently been bought out by DHL and the service levels have plummeted to the point where I can no longer trust them to do something as simple as deliver an order.

I decided this year to give every company I use three strikes, because anyone promising convenience and delivering inconvenience does not deserve my or anybody's time and money; Virgin Wines used their strikes up (and more) over the last three weeks of lies and incompetence.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I have just terminated my Virgin Wines account with extreme prejudice. They used to deliver through an excellent courier company, but that has recently been bought out by DHL and the service levels have plummeted to the point where I can no longer trust them to do something as simple as deliver an order.

I decided this year to give every company I use three strikes, because anyone promising convenience and delivering inconvenience does not deserve my or anybody's time and money; Virgin Wines used their strikes up (and more) over the last three weeks of lies and incompetence.

The courier can make all the difference, we've had a few pretend they tries to deliver.

But keep this place in mind if you're in Britainy

image.png.ee30cfe0cbfff50a91634c2f1a3de15d.png

http://www.augredesmarees-fruitsdemer.fr/

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 15:45, Futtocks said:

Three strikes, in three weeks, that means a delivery of a box of 12 bottles each strike/week. Do you have a drink problem? 36 bottles in 3 weeks ???????????????????